Some perspective on Bristol Palin's pregnancy

if she were already married I'd agree but the girl is 17. Do you think she wanted to get pregnant and THEN get married? GMAFB.

Well it could be, for instance sometimes woman trick a man into marriage by getting pregnant. :D

just admit that it's not the best circumstance for Palin to be involved in and move the hell on.

Somehow, I don't really care. If Obama put his family off limits, that should be going both ways.

The more excuses the conservatives make for it the more the libs are gonna beat it like a dead horse.

Girl screw, girl got pregnant, end of story. It's her life, not mine, and all that is none of my business.

Btw, some of my parents educational metods never worked on me, and I could proudly say I am glad they didn't. I turn out to be just fine.

Somehow, I don't really care. If Obama put his family off limits, that should be going both ways.

Obama ALREADY said this issue is off limits.

I do laugh at the idea that the right will be allowed to make this girl the poster child for the pro-life movement because she's one of their own but the left needs to keep their distance because it's a "private" matter.

If this girl's pregnancy is going to be used as a political tool by the McCain campaign it's going to become an issue.

Obama doesn't use his family as a means to an end and neither should Palin.

What views? Pro-life?

Seems mom IS enforcing them at home.

The leftwingers chewed this up and shat it out. It'll be a non-issue in a day or two.

Then again, she does believe in abstinence-first as the top contraceptive. Guess what curiosity got her daughter.

Her pregnancy is a reflection on her mothers views thats why the attacks. Has nothing to do with Bristols mistake.

If mom wants those views for us all she better enforce them at home.

Unlike lefties, those of us on the right simply want the opportunity to teach children that premarital sex (and certainly underage sex) is a very, very bad idea. We are blocked at every turn by idiots who claim that little girls should have the "right" to their own bodies, that they have the "right" to decide to have underage sex, and they have the "right" therefore to abort their babies without notifying their parents.

Nobody is so naive to believe that in teaching these things we are going to stop underage/unmarried sex, or unexpected pregnancy. But we all know very well that teaching girls from the age of 10 that it's their bodies, and they have the "right" to have sex...when that sex is in fact illegal, and any issue from it will result in many doors being shut for that child, if they keep or don't keep the baby, is schizophrenic and in no way does anything except encourage little girls to make bad choices...and they are encouraged to continue to make bad choices when we completely leave their parents out the picture when they decide what to do about it.

It's about consequences. Recognize that extra marital sex is a bad idea, and underage extra marital sex is even worse...but if it happens for God's sakes, let the families deal with the consequences as a family.

Unlike lefties, those of us on the right simply want the opportunity to teach children that premarital sex (and certainly underage sex) is a very, very bad idea. We are blocked at every turn by idiots who claim that little girls should have the "right" to their own bodies, that they have the "right" to decide to have underage sex, and they have the "right" therefore to abort their babies without notifying their parents.

you can NOT be serious. Where, in any law book in this land, does it say you can't teach your daughter that premarital sex is very very bad idea? (which I disagree with personally). I believe MOST states have minor notification laws in place where the parents do need to be notified unless the notification would put the child in question at risk from said parents. Your argument is hollow and weak.

Nobody is so naive to believe that in teaching these things we are going to stop underage/unmarried sex, or unexpected pregnancy. But we all know very well that teaching girls from the age of 10 that it's their bodies, and they have the "right" to have sex...when that sex is in fact illegal,

first of all it IS their bodies. I think the message you are sending is very dangerous. young women SHOULD be able to decide for themselves when and with whom they want to have sex. They should also be given guidance on making smart HEALTHY choices. oh and BTW, sex is NOT illegal unless you are forcing yourself on someone and/or having sex with a CHILD.

and any issue from it will result in many doors being shut for that child, if they keep or don't keep the baby, is schizophrenic and in no way does anything except encourage little girls to make bad choices...and they are encouraged to continue to make bad choices when we completely leave their parents out the picture when they decide what to do about it.

how do you suppose a young girl goes to her parents, who have said repeatedly sex is bad, sex is wrong, and admit to them that she in fact had sex and is now pregnant? That is why the lines of communication have to be OPEN. You can't just spout your ideals AT them.

It's about consequences. Recognize that extra marital sex is a bad idea, and underage extra marital sex is even worse...but if it happens for God's sakes, let the families deal with the consequences as a family.

since I'm sure you meant pre-marital sex and not extra marital I'll ask were you a virgin on your wedding night? if you're not married are you STILL a virgin?

underage sex is a bad idea. For reasons that go far beyond pregnancy. STD's, the emotional ramifications, the physical aspect, etc. Parents should be giving ALL this information to their children. Just telling them, NO that's BAD isn't going to work.

I will agree that whenever possible these situations should be dealt with as a family. AND I also feel that the parents own morality shouldn't be forced upon a young woman where she is forced into having a baby just because her parents think she HAS TO. They should explain their feelings, explain her options to her, including adoption, and then she should be allowed to decide for herself.

Last edited:
Ame®icano;761740 said:
Well it could be, for instance sometimes woman trick a man into marriage by getting pregnant.

Women should really never have sex with a man too stupid to know how to put on a condom, or two!

I guess it would be unkind of me to say that men that stupid might deserve..... NAH, that couldn't be right!

As for the Palin Family, it is their business.

Does the Whitehouse have a daycare center? If it does, that would be Gov subsidized day care. Equal Rights, Equal Benefits.... Now THAT would be OUR business.

you can NOT be serious. Where, in any law book in this land, does it say you can't teach your daughter that premarital sex is very very bad idea? (which I disagree with personally). I believe MOST states have minor notification laws in place where the parents do need to be notified unless the notification would put the child in question at risk from said parents. Your argument is hollow and weak.

first of all it IS their bodies. I think the message you are sending is very dangerous. young women SHOULD be able to decide for themselves when and with whom they want to have sex. They should also be given guidance on making smart HEALTHY choices. oh and BTW, sex is NOT illegal unless you are forcing yourself on someone and/or having sex with a CHILD.

how do you suppose a young girl goes to her parents, who have said repeatedly sex is bad, sex is wrong, and admit to them that she in fact had sex and is now pregnant? That is why the lines of communication have to be OPEN. You can't just spout your ideals AT them.

since I'm sure you meant pre-marital sex and not extra marital I'll ask were you a virgin on your wedding night? if you're not married are you STILL a virgin?

underage sex is a bad idea. For reasons that go far beyond pregnancy. STD's, the emotional ramifications, the physical aspect, etc. Parents should be giving ALL this information to their children. Just telling them, NO that's BAD isn't going to work.

I will agree that whenever possible these situations should be dealt with as a family. AND I also feel that the parents own morality shouldn't be forced upon a young woman where she is forced into having a baby just because her parents think she HAS TO. They should explain their feelings, explain her options to her, including adoption, and then she should be allowed to decide for herself.

So despite the fact that it is ILLEGAL for an underage girl to have sex, you think it's okay to teach them it's okay to have sex?

That's pretty much my gripe.

Ame®icano;761740 said:
Well it could be, for instance sometimes woman trick a man into marriage by getting pregnant. :D

Girl screw, girl got pregnant, end of story. It's her life, not mine, and all that is none of my business.

Btw, some of my parents educational metods never worked on me, and I could proudly say I am glad they didn't. I turn out to be just fine.

Obama put his family off limits because it's so vast and far flung, you never know what embarassing things might come to light. And then there's the problem with Michelle. All in all, his comments about the girl are the first intelligent things I've heard him say. He's protecting himself, of course, and that's why he's saying it, but the result is the same. Who gives a crap about the families? We all have relatives who, if we allowed it, would embarass, rip us off, bad mouth, possibly kill us. We all make mistakes. People get pregnant, accidents happen and people die, sometimes people drive drunk and get caught. And sorry, but we're lucky to get our teenagers to adulthood alive, let alone in one piece and un-impregnated. People are people. They screw up, they live, they love, they make bad choices and sometimes they really shine.

I can't find myself anything but sympathetic to a family with an unplanned pregnancy going on, and wish them the very best. If it weren't for unplanned pregnancies, a lot of us wouldn't be here. DaVinci was illegitimate.....so was Elizabeth I by some accounts. But just because it happens doesn't mean the concept of teaching creationism and abstinence in the schools is any less valid. If that's all that it took to make something invalid, we should have stopped teaching about birth control AEONS ago...and completely eliminated abortion.

Nobody is so naive to believe that in teaching these things we are going to stop underage/unmarried sex, or unexpected pregnancy. But we all know very well that teaching girls from the age of 10 that it's their bodies, and they have the "right" to have sex...when that sex is in fact illegal, and any issue from it will result in many doors being shut for that child, if they keep or don't keep the baby, is schizophrenic and in no way does anything except encourage little girls to make bad choices...and they are encouraged to continue to make bad choices when we completely leave their parents out the picture when they decide what to do about it.

Republican Hypocrisy, Not Palin's Daughter, Is The Issue

The issue is not Bristol Palin. The issue is Sarah Palin and the party that is about to hand her its vice presidential nomination. We are talking about a political party and a candidate that backs unscientific, unrealistic, and unworkable abstinence-only policies instead of teaching comprehensive sex education.

I think it is a legitimate political and policy question: Governor, how do you expect abstinence only education to work for millions of children across this nation when it wouldn't even work for your own daughter?

I think it is a legitimate political and policy question: Governor, how do you expect abstinence only education to work for millions of children across this nation when it wouldn't even work for your own daughter?

:eusa_clap:

levi's johnston myspace page Kids? - don't want em.

doh.

I thought the democrats were running on change. Seems like this is a case that nothing seems to change. Too bad Governor Palin actually ran the "change" campaign years back. I'm surprised she is able to rise up given that she isn't married to anyone special or associated with any political elite groups. Take Hillary for example, take her last name Clinton and see how that has gotten her this far. Take Obama, look at his association in Chicago with political groups.

Last edited:
I thought the democrats were running on change. Seems like this is a case that nothing seems to change. Too bad Governor Palin actually ran the "change" campaign years back. I'm surprised she is able to rise up given that she isn't married to anyone special or associated with any political elite groups. Take Hillary for example, take her last name Clinton and see how that has gotten her this far. Take Obama, look at his association in Chicago with political groups.

Palin is connected to the Bridge to Knowwhere. You don't have to go to Washington to be a "good old boy" in your home state.

She also is connected to $27 million in pork projects.

PS. McCain's daughter also had a baby out of wedlock. What is it with GOP VP daughters?

Palin is connected to nixing the Bridge to Nowhere. I think she initially was for it, but when she realized her state did not want it, she put the kabosh to it. I was under the impression an elected official was supposed to do what they could to represent the people, but then I don't live in Bobo land.

Let's have a link for the pork projects.

And please quit fantasizing about her 17 year old pregnant daughter. You're giving everyone the heebie jeebies.

Palin is connected to nixing the Bridge to Nowhere. I think she initially was for it, but when she realized her state did not want it, she put the kabosh to it. I was under the impression an elected official was supposed to do what they could to represent the people, but then I don't live in Bobo land.

Let's have a link for the pork projects.

And please quit fantasizing about her 17 year old pregnant daughter. You're giving everyone the heebie jeebies.

Maybe she should have done more research before approving the bridge to knowwhere?

Sarah Palin Hired Lobbyists To Bring In $27 Million In Federal Earmarks
Published September 1, 2008 in Conservatives, John McCain, Newsweek, Republicans and Sarah Palin.
At any point now, I expect Ashton Kutcher to jump out and tell us this whole Palin thing is just John McCain doing a “Punk’d” on the entire country.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin employed a lobbying firm to secure almost $27 million in federal earmarks for a town of 6,700 residents while she was its mayor, according to an analysis by an independent government watchdog.

Sarah Palin Hired Lobbyists To Bring In $27 Million In Federal Earmarks Oliver Willis

And I don't fantasize about Palin's daughter. I was focusing more on Chaney's lesbo daughter who has a kid. And you hypocrits want to ban gays from adopting? You are wrong on every issue girlfriend. :eusa_hand:

Maybe she should have done more research before approving the bridge to knowwhere?

Published September 1, 2008 in Conservatives, John McCain, Newsweek, Republicans and Sarah Palin.
At any point now, I expect Ashton Kutcher to jump out and tell us this whole Palin thing is just John McCain doing a “Punk’d” on the entire country.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin employed a lobbying firm to secure almost $27 million in federal earmarks for a town of 6,700 residents while she was its mayor, according to an analysis by an independent government watchdog.

Sarah Palin Hired Lobbyists To Bring In $27 Million In Federal Earmarks Oliver Willis

And I don't fantasize about Palin's daughter. I was focusing more on Chaney's lesbo daughter who has a kid. And you hypocrits want to ban gays from adopting? You are wrong on every issue girlfriend. :eusa_hand:
that blog is a lie
the story he linked to had NOTHING to do with the "bridge to nowhere"
btw, that wasnt the FIRST bridge to nowhere
try looking at your own house(or rather the senate, Sen Byrd)

New York Senator Hillary Clinton leads presidential contenders for most pork barrel spending inserting a whooping 281 individual spending projects into bills for the benefit of New York interests at the cost of taxpayers everywhere. $296.2 million. As for Illinois Senator Barack Obama, he accounted for 53 special earmarks totaling $97.4 million.

No, we want to preserve traditional family values, and not dilute them by broadening the description of what a traditional family is.

And your link is shit. You need to return to dictionary.com and look up "proof" again. And while you're at it, do some research on how to debate intelligently.

Forum List

Back