Some People Are Out There Trying

A young artist from MA has made a video for a song that is getting a strong response from people of all sorts. Some people from all sides who live on this forum for no other reason than to fling shit and refuse to think might want to give it a look.

Joyner Lucas' 'I'm Not Racist' is the brutal conversation on race nobody wants to have - CNN

Bumping threads with nothing else to add to the topic. That doesn't improve your reputation any.

I watched the video and I had to hold my nose tight while doing so because I despise that rap shit. Calling it music is a waste of breath.

The video is nothing but stereotypes against conservative white people. The white guy was portrayed as a fat slob and a redneck. But why should this be any surprise? It was made by yet another black trash rapper whose influences were gangsta rappers Biggie Smalls and Method Man.

A young artist from MA has made a video for a song that is getting a strong response from people of all sorts. Some people from all sides who live on this forum for no other reason than to fling shit and refuse to think might want to give it a look.

Joyner Lucas' 'I'm Not Racist' is the brutal conversation on race nobody wants to have - CNN

Then you go have that conversation because you have a supreme problem understanding things

Because you don't want to have that brutal conversation. You want a conversation hat is nice and light that doesn't offend whites where non whites can't be angry, can't so how emotion or can't speak the truth..

First, the white man unloads his frustrations and his views on Black Lives Matter, the NFL anthem protests. There are even potshots taken against 2Pac and Eminem.
Then the black man reacts. He takes on white privilege, cultural appropriation, and attacks against former President Barack Obama.
Throughout the song, both men insist "I'm not racist."

And to you these things are the same. But they aren't.

Then you go have that conversation .......

Unlike some people, I have conversations with real people in the real world every day.

Unlike some people, I have conversations with real people in the real world every day.

Unlike you I have real life experience working/talking with teal people every day for over 30 years on matters if race and racism.

Then you go have that conversation because you have a supreme problem understanding things

Because you don't want to have that brutal conversation. You want a conversation hat is nice and light that doesn't offend whites where non whites can't be angry, can't so how emotion or can't speak the truth..

To the contrary.. That depiction of a "conversation" is unnecessarily brutal. And offensive to me from BOTH the participants. It's all about GROUP conflict. EVERYTHING tossed out is just generalizations. Not a genuine conversation. It's just a angry litany of stereotypes. Equal anger -- nothing gets resolved. OR FIXED.

Those aren't the 2 people to have a meeting of the minds on race..

To the contrary.. That depiction of a "conversation" is unnecessarily brutal. And offensive to me from BOTH the participants. It's all about GROUP conflict. EVERYTHING tossed out is just generalizations. Not a genuine conversation. It's just a angry litany of stereotypes. Equal anger -- nothing gets resolved. OR FIXED.

Give up your individualism lie please. It's offensive that you ignore the complete history of this nation to try talking about some fake idea that has never existed here.

Well hello dere FCT! :badgrin:

Boy, I'm not a big rap fan, but there is a lotta truth to that..I can't bring myself to say "song". Poem?

IM2, do tell us more about how you feel you're owed reparations. :9:

Boy, I'm not a big rap fan, but there is a lotta truth to that..I can't bring myself to say "song". Poem?

There is no truth to that and reparations have nothing to do with this topic so your post should be deleted for flaming. But it won't be and some excuse will be made as to how what you said has anything to do with the topic...

There is no truth to that and reparations have nothing to do with this topic so your post should be deleted for flaming. But it won't be and some excuse will be made as to how what you said has anything to do with the topic...

I'm willing to bet it won't stop you from pressing that report button, though. :banana:

I'm willing to bet it won't stop you from pressing that report button, though. :banana:

Nope, because that's the reason the report button exists. Learn to stay on topic.

Give up your individualism lie please. It's offensive that you ignore the complete history of this nation to try talking about some fake idea that has never existed here.

Individualism has NEVER EXISTED IN AMERICA?? :lmao: Whites aren't a group. They are fractured by religion, politics, region, "gender". ethnicity, class, and every other way. NO ONE "speaks" for whites. There is no WHITE IDENTITY --- except amongst our racists. You cannot equate individualism in ANY WAY to "ignoring the complete history of this nation"..

In contrast, it seems that CONFRONTATIONAL encounters --- like the Video we're discussing are USELESS -- because they are based on stereotypes and bias that come from GROUP identities. When the black guy in the Video declares himself a "drug dealer" because "he HAS TO DO THAT to survive" ---- Only racists applaud that. I would think that ANY RESPONSIBLE Black spokesperson would come out and completely UNLOAD on that type of Group stereotyping.

So why was I OFFENDED by that racial stereotype -- and you apparently are not? This is question. Would like an answer. Or it's AGAIN --- not a discussion..

Individualism has NEVER EXISTED IN AMERICA?? :lmao: Whites aren't a group. They are fractured by religion, politics, region, "gender". ethnicity, class, and every other way. NO ONE "speaks" for whites. There is no WHITE IDENTITY --- except amongst our racists. You cannot equate individualism in ANY WAY to "ignoring the complete history of this nation"..

In contrast, it seems that CONFRONTATIONAL encounters --- like the Video we're discussing are USELESS -- because they are based on stereotypes and bias that come from GROUP identities. When the black guy in the Video declares himself a "drug dealer" because "he HAS TO DO THAT to survive" ---- Only racists applaud that. I would think that ANY RESPONSIBLE Black spokesperson would come out and completely UNLOAD on that type of Group stereotyping.

So why was I OFFENDED by that racial stereotype -- and you apparently are not? This is question. Would like an answer. Or it's AGAIN --- not a discussion..

Whites are a group just like everyone else. Stop lying. Whites have multiple people speaking for t hem. Blacks have the same fractures and there is not one black who has ever spoken for all black people. Even Martin Luther King was not the only back speaking for blacks during the 60's. Whites crowned him and whites continue trying to crown the one black for us even today. Whites are a group. Whites practice group dynamics. Whites think as a group, and that's the way it is.

I don't get offended by imaginary things.

First, the white man unloads his frustrations and his views on Black Lives Matter, the NFL anthem protests. There are even potshots taken against 2Pac and Eminem.
Then the black man reacts. He takes on white privilege, cultural appropriation, and attacks against former President Barack Obama.
Throughout the song, both men insist "I'm not racist."

And to you these things are the same. But they aren't.

Of course they're not the same IM2
That's the whole problem with "racism" is people projecting
judgment on each other because of their own experiences
and perceptions that are relative and can't be judged by comparing any one to any one else.

What I got out of this video was both men were projecting
and expression their feelings and experiences about injustice
and feeling JUDGED well knowing the "other side" has no clue what it feels like from their viewpoint

So both feel separated, alienated and misjudged by the other.

They may never get what it feels like to walk in each other's shoes
But hearing the mutual grief and frustration,
clearly there's commonality in the struggle the problem of not being able to connect
and understand unless you've been living the other person's life. Nobody can
know what that feels like, only our own path an dperspective.

So in our aloneness and alienation, we find we aren't alone.
The other person and other side is stuck in frustration also
and feels nobody understands.

IM2 of course the pain and struggle that Whites and Blacks go through
is not the same.

The problem is trying to compare and justify judgments.
When we try to compare and compete, that's the recipe for
human misery. We all have to learn to make the most of
what we have and our potential. .Sure it's better if we can
support each other instead of tear each other down.
But in the meantime, all each of us can do is make sure
WE are not the ones tearing others down. We can't help
if other people aren't ready to lift each other up.
We can just make sure we are ready for that change
and try to lift others up not tear others down.

We start with ourselves, with the people around us
we relate to. And do our best to support and promote
positive change. The other relations and groups that
are more negative or resistant, will come later in time.

All people go through that process, regardless of
background, class or culture. We all learn to pick our
battles, prioritize changes, forgive what we can and
work on what bothers disturbs or stresses us.

We all go through grief and recovery.
The rest of what we experience that fills that framework
is unique to us as individuals and people of different
cultures, races, religions, political leanings, classes, etc.

The process is universal, and these men in the video
are equally expressing their frustrations regardless
how different they are. In expressing and releasing
what we feel experience think and believe, without
feeling stifled silenced or judged, that allows
for healing. So we learn to let go and accept
what has gone on and gone wrong.

What we can do from now on is not ADD
to that grief, but resolve not to repeat hold
on to or project that grief forward.

So forgiveness and letting go ARE the key
to WORKING on change with clear minds
and hearts so we operate and relate more effecively.

We may never understand or do justice to what others
experience. We can share in the common process
of resolving and healing, so we can work together
in the future in ways that don't repeat this same painful
process, but accelerate the healing and the learning curve.

Thanks for posting your honest take on
this which is essential to further the process,
which is bigger than any one of us and
we all contribute to it so it is complete and whole.

Forum List

Back