Some of you lack perspective.

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
First of all, yes, it's a political ploy. One that could work brilliantly, or backfire horribly, as I wrote earlier.

That said, McCain's people knew full well that Obama would refuse to return to Washington and that he'd refuse to postpone the debates.

I'll bet that so far this is all going according to plan. McCain's people are pleased, I'll bet :badgrin:

I'm with Ninja. I think maybe Booboo had it right...maybe it's a way to maneuver Palin into the debate.

It would be fun if she kicked Obama's ass in a debate.

I'm with Ninja. I think maybe Booboo had it right...maybe it's a way to maneuver Palin into the debate.

MichelleAnn and Ninja agreeing?

I'm in shock! :disbelief: :shock:

Oh wait, no I'm not. :muahaha: :eusa_whistle: ;)

Oh that would show some balls, put palin in the debate to represent Mccain, I'm all for it, Obama will mop the floor with her. I dont even think mccain is that stupid.

What kind of ratings you think an Obama/Palin debate would get? Super Bowl type? Would be fun to watch anyway. As for it being a political move on McCains part , everyone knows that, well at least I hope they do. However, like I was saying in the other thread, for me as one of the people he represents I would rather have him hanging around in Washington at the moment. If the move backfires though , and have said this too, this elections pretty much over.

What kind of ratings you think an Obama/Palin debate would get? Super Bowl type? Would be fun to watch anyway. As for it being a political move on McCains part , everyone knows that, well at least I hope they do. However, like I was saying in the other thread, for me as one of the people he represents I would rather have him hanging around in Washington at the moment. If the move backfires though , and have said this too, this elections pretty much over.

Well Obama/McCain is suppose to get 100 million.

So I'd say anywhere between 110 and 180 million people if not more for Obama/Palin debate ratings.

It would never happen though, unless you had McCain debate Biden too.

I'd love to see 2 on 2 debates.

Hope you were joking about that because its a lose-lose for both Obama and McCain if it happened. Obama doesn't dare "lower" himself to debate the VP person on the other ticket and McCain will be trashed (and deservedly so in my opinion) for failing to show for the debate. I think it is a political ploy though -McCain showing that he is putting country first before his career, and hoping it emphasizes Obama putting his career first.

I think Obama has no intention of being part of the solution -I'll be surprised if he even shows up to vote on whatever they come up with. This way, if he wins -he can gripe about how this was foisted off on him, he had nothing to do with it, pick it apart. And most importantly -no matter what happens to the economy even a few years down the road, he can claim this event was the root cause of it all. Even if it was really due to his failed Carter policies he so loves and wishes to inflict on us all again.

I'm betting McCain will take his campaign off "suspension" by Friday at the latest and he will be there for the debate.

Hope you were joking about that because its a lose-lose for both Obama and McCain if it happened. Obama doesn't dare "lower" himself to debate the VP person on the other ticket and McCain will be trashed (and deservedly so in my opinion) for failing to show for the debate. I think it is a political ploy though -McCain showing that he is putting country first before his career, and hoping it emphasizes Obama putting his career first.

I think Obama has no intention of being part of the solution -I'll be surprised if he even shows up to vote on whatever they come up with. This way, if he wins -he can gripe about how this was foisted off on him, he had nothing to do with it, pick it apart. And most importantly -no matter what happens to the economy even a few years down the road, he can claim this event was the root cause of it all. Even if it was really due to his failed Carter policies he so loves and wishes to inflict on us all again.

I'm betting McCain will take his campaign off "suspension" by Friday at the latest and he will be there for the debate.

I think so too. I think he's trying to knock Obama off balance.
And I think it will work.

Wait..where's the clip where Obama's screeching at the old lady?

Wanna talk whine and sputter some more?

As I said, the ones who say the most racist things are always the alleged champions of equal rights.

Maybe you're scared of them, honey. Don't project,though. It's unattractive.

Because that's what you do if you plan on winning. Obama rattles easily. So you exploit it.

If he wansnt falling then he wouldnt need to come up with a bullshit political move like suspending his campaign. I'm not saying it isnt a smart choice for his flailing campaign but it shows weakness.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back