Obama vs.'Bubba' Vote

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
I love Clarence Page. His opinions are always straight to the point.

What is Barack Obama's biggest remaining obstacle on his road to the White House? A nationally prominent Republican sums it up in a word: "Bubba."

"The Bubba vote is there, and it's very real, and it is everywhere," former House Majority Leader Dick Armey recently said. "There's an awful lot of people in America, bless their heart, who simply are not emotionally prepared to vote for a black man."

Sad, but true. I hate to nickname the problem "Bubba." I used to have a beloved Alabama uncle named Bubba. I loved "Unca Bubba." He taught me how to milk a cow when I was seven years old. I'll be eternally grateful.

"Bubba" began as country slang for "brother." I don't know how it became a label for working-class white folks, but I'm sure my late Unca Bubba would want Dick Army and the rest of y'all to know that there are a lot of black Bubbas, too.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Obama vs.'Bubba' Vote

The 'Bubba' vote isn't news to anyone. 90% of them voted for Bush in '04. McCain isn't going to gain much, if any, over what Bush had in that category.

On the otherhand, the demographics of people who didn't vote in the last election and will vote for Obama, or who voted for Bush but will now vote for Obama, or who voted for Bush but won't vote in this election are tremendous.

These include:

An almost certain turnout of African-Americans at a rate of >90% with >95% voting for Obama. (Could change the South)

Young voters.

Hispanic voters who are overwhelmingly anti-Republican due to the immigration issue.

People who were previously disillusioned by the election process.

People who are disgusted with the Republicans because of corruption

People who are disgusted with the Republicans because of the war

People who are disgusted with the Republicans because of economy

People who are just plain disgusted with the Republicans

I predict a landslide for Obama.:clap2:

Forum List

Back