Some Leaders Actually Serve & Lead

Nevertheless MM....You will continue to post this lie, this accusation that has absolutely no proof of being fact...
that lack of proof won't stop you....you desperately wanted to believe Rather back at the onset and you'll never admit that it was all lies and innuendo from the very beginning......Bush served..and served honorably.....while your hero was a lying, military hating, draft dodger....live with it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush#Childhood_to_mid-life

Bush took a transfer to the Alabama Air National Guard in 1972 to work on a Republican senate campaign, and in October 1973 he was discharged from the Texas Air National Guard almost eight months early to attend Harvard Business School and completed his six-year service obligation in the inactive reserve.

He served, which is more than I can say about Bill Clinton. Yet, I doubt that I would call his service entirely admirable.

But a long serving, Democrat public official DOES have something to gain by dumping dirt on a Republican. Nothing like helping out the party. Not saying he did, only that it DOES make his motive questionable.

I would not accept the uncorroborated word of a long serving Republican official under like circumstances.

That is EXACTLY what Rather did (well except for his source) and it bit him on the ass.

what does a guy who is no longer a public official and no longer in politics have to gain by lying about George Bush?

Nevertheless MM....You will continue to post this lie, this accusation that has absolutely no proof of being fact...
that lack of proof won't stop you....you desperately wanted to believe Rather back at the onset and you'll never admit that it was all lies and innuendo from the very beginning......Bush served..and served honorably.....while your hero was a lying, military hating, draft dodger....live with it...

the lack of proof concerning Saddam's WMD stockpiles didn't stop George Bush and yet, you glorify him!:rofl:

My hero, by the way, has always been Ted Williams and he served honorably in both WWII and Korea....

Nice attempt at playing the emotion card. I have no doubt Barnes got Bush a position in the ANG. Happens every day.

And that was what I was stating. He got in ahead of other people because of his name. It's wrong wether it happens every day or not.

He didn't get him into a college or off to a European nation.

No the Bush legacy got him into college and he was never curious enough to visit Europe.

He served. Period. It gripes my ass seeing people question the validity and value of others' service. But I take particular offense to another vet doing it.
It's bullshit.

It is bullshit, Gunny, I take just as much offense when someone defends someone who used political power to get out of serving in Vietnam by serving in the Guard, but now is sending the Guard off to die in a stupid useless war.

Are you just as pissed that they attacked Kerry, Gore, Cleland?

I don't remember ever defending Clinton's lack of service, so please get off that kick.

lklkjkjkjh

I don't really give a hoot what you believe....only in what you can prove or at least reasonably conclude by logical, rational thinking....and in your case ...thats absolutely nothing...nothing but accusations by an irrational Bush hater...
and sadly, you're not even clever or entertaining....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush#Childhood_to_mid-life

Bush took a transfer to the Alabama Air National Guard in 1972 to work on a Republican senate campaign, and in October 1973 he was discharged from the Texas Air National Guard almost eight months early to attend Harvard Business School and completed his six-year service obligation in the inactive reserve.

He served, which is more than I can say about Bill Clinton. Yet, I doubt that I would call his service entirely admirable.

And you would be wrong. It is standard practice in the guard to discharge early anyone that has a compelling reason and has done their service. Bush completed all requirements to be considered for early release. Nothing even special about that. EVERYONE can request and will receive consideration for such a discharge, no matter rank or billet, within the "needs" of the Guard and the specific unit.

I don't really give a hoot what you believe....only in what you can prove or at least reasonably conclude by logical, rational thinking....and in your case ...thats absolutely nothing...nothing but accusations by an irrational Bush hater...
and sadly, you're not even clever or entertaining....

And you are the font of pure logic. What horseshit.

Nothing will ever be proof or you. If a democrat ltgov admits it, then he is lying. If they say Bush marked prefer to not go, then they are lying. If we say Bush lied, then we are lying. Your kool aid is showing all over.

From an irrational bush kisser, please don't lecture me on logic.

You my friend are bitter, arrogant and antagonistic in your posts. Not very amusing either, but very intstuctive and characteristic of the extremes of your side.

Thank you.

And you would be wrong. It is standard practice in the guard to discharge early anyone that has a compelling reason and has done their service. Bush completed all requirements to be considered for early release. Nothing even special about that. EVERYONE can request and will receive consideration for such a discharge, no matter rank or billet, within the "needs" of the Guard and the specific unit.

Wow. Thanks for the education. Let me paraphrase. As I understand it, if I am in the military I can get out early if I am accepted at a prestigious business school. That qualifies as a compelling reason. I guess that getting out of service is easier than I thought. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

And you are the font of pure logic. What horseshit.

Nothing will ever be proof or you. If a democrat ltgov admits it, then he is lying. If they say Bush marked prefer to not go, then they are lying. If we say Bush lied, then we are lying. Your kool aid is showing all over.

THIS LT.GOV.....a loyal Democrat...supporter and fund raiser for John Kerry
IS that the guy you mean? I can't say for sure he is lying....
What I can say for sure is HE CAN'T PROVE ANY OF HIS CLAIMS....
There is no paper trail....no one to even vouch for his accusations.....

And when a paper trail was presented, it was proven to be fake, false, forged, phoney, and full of shit.....

But a fool like you, a real Koolaid drinker will accept this guys crap without question....so compare my logic with yours, and its easy to see the logic that brought you to your conclusion is flawed..bordering on a pathetic faith on whatever BS you hear from a fellow DIM....

From an irrational bush kisser, please don't lecture me on logic.

You my friend are bitter, arrogant and antagonistic in your posts. Not very amusing either, but very intstuctive and characteristic of the extremes of your side.

Thank you.

And Thank you....

[But a fool like you, a real Koolaid drinker will accept this guys crap without question....so compare my logic with yours, and its easy to see the logic that brought you to your conclusion is flawed..bordering on a pathetic faith on whatever BS you hear from a fellow DIM.... /QUOTE]

And a fool like you will reject it because it doesn't fit your picture of reality. Your raving attacks really don't help solidify you as the most rational person on these threads. Ha Ha Ha Ha Reminds me of fighting on the playground.

You really are a victim of cognitive dissonance and a really limited view on how others are allowed to see the world.

I do believe that you in this thread and most others start the fool name callling first. A good sign of a weak argument.

There were a 100,000 on the waiting list in front of him. He got the lowest score possible and still make the cut and he got into the guard in that short time.

Yah, right my logic is flawed.:cuckoo:

There were a 100,000 on the waiting list in front of him. He got the lowest score possible and still make the cut and he got into the guard in that short time.

All you gotta do is prove it....simple enough...

100,000 on the waiting list?

Bush got the lowest score? And was chosen to be trained as a jet fighter pilot?

WOW....Hey...I'm open to learning to new things...I'll wait

Wow. Thanks for the education. Let me paraphrase. As I understand it, if I am in the military I can get out early if I am accepted at a prestigious business school. That qualifies as a compelling reason. I guess that getting out of service is easier than I thought. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

NOT in all services BUT in the Guard just about any reason will do if your billet no longer exists and you aren't going to retrain. WHICH by the way fit Bush, his aircraft was phased out and he wasn't retraining on another.

I served as a personnel clerk in the Guard I know how it works. We had people get out early for no other reason then they ask and the command said ok, because to force them to attend was not worth the hassle. Going to school, ANY school is a valid reason. ell that even works for active Marines if the needs of the Corps do not dictate otherwise.

Wise up, actually learn what your talking about. National Guard units routinely allow transfers as Bush got. I would know having done the paper work for people in the Guard. National Guard Units routinely release early people for school. Again I did the paper work for people.

Your claims are ignorant.

YOU are a liar, provide us this mythical list of 100k TEXANS trying to get in the Air National Guard. If such a list existed we would have seen it already. Hell you can not even provide ONE name of someone passed over, much less these 100k.

LOL 100k Texans were waiting to become pilots in the Texas Air national Guard in 1968... give me a break.

NOT in all services BUT in the Guard just about any reason will do if your billet no longer exists and you aren't going to retrain. WHICH by the way fit Bush, his aircraft was phased out and he wasn't retraining on another.

I served as a personnel clerk in the Guard I know how it works. We had people get out early for no other reason then they ask and the command said ok, because to force them to attend was not worth the hassle. Going to school, ANY school is a valid reason. ell that even works for active Marines if the needs of the Corps do not dictate otherwise.

Wise up, actually learn what your talking about. National Guard units routinely allow transfers as Bush got. I would know having done the paper work for people in the Guard. National Guard Units routinely release early people for school. Again I did the paper work for people.

Your claims are ignorant.

Ouch. Okay. Okay. I stand corrected. Perhaps his early release was legit. I plead ignorance.

:redface: :eusa_eh: :sad: :eusa_pray: :bowdown: :eusa_silenced:

Ouch. Okay. Okay. I stand corrected. Perhaps his early release was legit. I plead ignorance.

:redface: :eusa_eh: :sad: :eusa_pray: :bowdown: :eusa_silenced:

Now thats what I call being a man.....Thanks Matt....

Its not hard to see some of the more obviously crazy accusations against Bush are just that ....crazy....where even a minor examination of the claims can be seen to be nutty, extreme, and without a oz. of proof....

No one wants you to convert your politics...but we all want you to examine all the bullshit put in front of you...have a open mind (unlike MM)....consider the opinions of others....

Now thats what I call being a man.....Thanks Matt....

Its not hard to see some of the more obviously crazy accusations against Bush are just that ....crazy....where even a minor examination of the claims can be seen to be nutty, extreme, and without a oz. of proof....

No one wants you to convert your politics...but we all want you to examine all the bullshit put in front of you...have a open mind (unlike MM)....consider the opinions of others....

The man who calls Democrats "dims" is talking about having an open mind?!?!?! lol...lol...lol...lol....

The man who calls Democrats "dims" is talking about having an open mind?!?!?! lol...lol...lol...lol....

Dims??? I like that....why?

Because it sends a message, conveys a point, without alot of superfluous typing....I appreciate shorthand....:eusa_whistle:

But it does show a certain amount of contempt for the standards of honesty and morality and scruples of some posters, I admit to that...a character flaw of mine.....

And we can use the "Borg Mind" for the pubs.:clap2:

Lemming Love can be their theme song.

Ain't no smarter people in general on the right than on the left. To argue otherwise shows one's dimness.

And we can use the "Borg Mind" for the pubs.:clap2:

Lemming Love can be their theme song.

Ain't no smarter people in general on the right than on the left. To argue otherwise shows one's dimness.

Better talk with Maineman and Larkinn , according to them the left is run by the smartest people in the world.

Forum List

Back