"Some girls, they rape so easy."

"The boy reached a deal with Beranek's office in which he pleaded guilty to three misdemeanor counts of fourth-degree sexual assault and was sentenced to 90 days in jail."

If this was Forcible Rape... A 14 Year Old was Forcibly Raped... And this Prosecutor let this Monster Off with 90 days?...

He should no Longer have a Job. :thup:

Seriously?...

I have issues with every bit of this Story.

Including the Hammerhead Politician (R) who is about as Stupid as Robert Byrd (D-KKK) was when he said "There are White *******" a few years before he went to Hell.

:)

peace...

I knew I shouldn't have said anything in this thread but yeah ... you've got this right.

You should know better to than interact with catzmeow in any forum.

Catz is great. Nothing wrong with her. I'm not going to jump on a Catz-hating bandwagon over this.

Don't know her but she was my first so she is special.....neg rep that is. lol

I like feisty so she is okay by me. Bring it on Cat Woman!

By the way, the guy is likely an idiot as demonstrated by his timing on telling poorly worded old Dad stories but you have concluded he believes this girl was not raped. I am not coming to that same conclusion based on what I have read.

Here's what Rivards said, about the case of the forcibly raped 14-year-old girl:
"He also told me one thing, 'If you do (have premarital sex), just remember, consensual sex can turn into rape in an awful hurry,'" Rivard told the Journal Sentinel. "Because all of a sudden a young lady gets pregnant and the parents are madder than a wet hen and she's not going to say, 'Oh, yeah, I was part of the program.' All that she has to say or the parents have to say is it was rape because she's underage. And he just said, 'Remember, Roger, if you go down that road, some girls,' he said, 'they rape so easy.' "

Wisconsin: Rice Lake lawmaker explains 'easy rape' comment; Ryan, Walker withdraw support - TwinCities.com

And, here's what the prosecutor said about it:

His December comments were made when he was discussing with the Chetek Alert the case of Dennis Veldman, then 17, who was charged in November with sexual assault of a child under 16.

The criminal complaint said Veldman told a 14-year-old girl he wanted to have sex with her. She told him no, but he said it would be OK because he would pull out. He unbuttoned her pants in the school band room and told her to lie down, and the girl told prosecutors she did so because she was scared. She told them that he pinned her to the floor and that the sex hurt. Afterward, he told her not to tell anyone, according to the complaint.

Veldman reached a deal this year in which he pleaded guilty to three counts of fourth-degree sexual assault, which are misdemeanors. He was sentenced to 90 days in jail and three years of probation.

In September, he was put back in jail when he was charged with physical abuse of a child for punching a 13-year-old boy in the face and breaking his nose. That case is pending, and Veldman has pleaded not guilty.

Veldman contended at the time the sex with the 14-year-old was consensual and others at the school held a rally in support of him. But Beranek said in an interview her office had no doubt that the sex was forced. Beranek said her office agreed to the plea deal because it achieved prosecutors' goals and spared the girl from having to go through a trial.

Beranek said Rivard's comments were particularly appalling because they were made so close to the time of the incident, making them all the more difficult for the victim and those close to her.

Beranek said comments like Rivard's make sexual abuse victims in other cases less likely to come forward, an all-too-common problem for prosecutors. "Their mind-set is 'nobody's going to believe me anyway,' " Beranek said of victims.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statep...ussed-wasnt-consensual-v8784th-174290421.html

Last edited:
Unfortunate turn of phrase but the sentiment is correct....young girls are ambiguous about *consent* because they aren't old enough or experienced enough to say *no* definitively, though they may not want to have sex.

Please say you are joking. You can't be this fucking dumb. Right?

I think you're awesome. I think what he said was stupid and insensitive. I'm just surprised you don't cut him any slack at all given his explanation.

You don't see a difference between cautioning your boy about possible ramifications of sex, and an attempt to diminish the forcible rape of a 14-year-old girl at her high school?

His comments were made ABOUT A SPECIFIC FORCIBLE RAPE CASE AND THE 14-YEAR OLD VICTIM IN THAT CASE.

He was asked what he thought about HER CASE, and that's what he said.

You don't see a difference between the two things?

I didn't know what he was asked about specifically. I had no idea why he said anything about this at all. I only heard his explanation afterwards. I didn't know enough about the whole case to say anything.

You don't see a difference between cautioning your boy about possible ramifications of sex, and an attempt to diminish the forcible rape of a 14-year-old girl at her high school?

His comments were made ABOUT A SPECIFIC FORCIBLE RAPE CASE AND THE 14-YEAR OLD VICTIM IN THAT CASE.

I see the highlighting...

Has Proof of Forcible Rape been given?...

Has there been a Conviction?...

Was the Conviction Based on her Word vs his?...

peace...

Did you not read the link in the OP where the prosecutor described exactly what happened?

Just Quoted it...

And Fuck that Prosecutor for Slappng a Brutal Rapist's Hand with 90 days...

90 FUCKING DAYS?...

Wow.

There'd be a Dead Rapist shortly after Release in my World. :thup:

Assuming the Prosecutor as being Honest.

If he had a Case for a Brutal Sexual Assault on a 14 year old then why the Fuck did he Hide behind that little girl and give the Rapist 90 days?...

Not for her... She didn't get Justice.

peace...

She's 14 years old, meaning that if she gave consent, she was still raped. The difference is, this was a 17 year old boy. He's a rapist even if she had said yes, but to libs, he'd be her boyfriend and didn't do anything wrong.

Link or your a piece of shit. Just saying.

I knew I shouldn't have said anything in this thread but yeah ... you've got this right.

You're right, you shouldn't have said anything. Now you are on record as blaming the victim.

No, I'm not. You may interpret it that way and no one will be surprised at your dishonesty, but that is not what I said.
Then why did you say what you said to Catz re her son?

If this was Forcible Rape... A 14 Year Old was Forcibly Raped... And this Prosecutor let this Monster Off with 90 days?...

plus 3 years of probation (no small thing when you're 18). According to the prosecutor, she did so to spare the client further trauma from a trial.

it's not uncommon in rape cases. in a lot of ways, having to go to trial is like being victimized all over again for the victims in these cases. It's incredibly traumatic.

I think you're awesome. I think what he said was stupid and insensitive. I'm just surprised you don't cut him any slack at all given his explanation.

I didn't know what he was asked about specifically. I had no idea why he said anything about this at all. I only heard his explanation afterwards. I didn't know enough about the whole case to say anything.

I linked to a story explaining the case in the OP.

By the way, the guy is likely an idiot as demonstrated by his timing on telling poorly worded old Dad stories but you have concluded he believes this girl was not raped. I am not coming to that same conclusion based on what I have read.

He was completely dismissive of her rape when asked to comment on it, and talked about how girls claim rape all the time. What exactly do you think his intentions were, since you seem to believe you have ESP and mind-reading abilities?

Do some girls claim rape? You bet. It happens. Amelia's comment about my son is because it happened to my son.

But, IN THIS CASE, on which the representative was commenting, the girl was forced to have sex against her will by an older student at her school who scared and hurt her.

Do you think his comments were appropriate, in that context?

Last edited:

He was completely dismissive of her rape when asked to comment on it, and talked about how girls claim rape all the time. What exactly do you think his intentions were, since you seem to believe you have ESP and mind-reading abilities?

Do some girls claim rape? You bet. It happens. Amelia's comment about my son is because it happened to my son.

But, IN THIS CASE, on which the representative was commenting, the girl was forced to have sex against her will by an older student at her school who scared and hurt her.

Do you think his comments were appropriate, in that context?

No in all honestly I think his comments were pretty obtuse and more so based on the timing of the question.

Do I think he was ruling on the merit of her rape? No.

You're right, you shouldn't have said anything. Now you are on record as blaming the victim.

No, I'm not. You may interpret it that way and no one will be surprised at your dishonesty, but that is not what I said.

That is a non sequitur question. Nothing in any of my statements justifies your claim that I am on the record as blaming the victim. You are flat out dishonest. End of story.

That is a non sequitur question. Nothing in any of my statements justifies your claim that I am on the record as blaming the victim. You are flat out dishonest. End of story.

Bullshit.

I see the highlighting...

Has Proof of Forcible Rape been given?...

Has there been a Conviction?...

Was the Conviction Based on her Word vs his?...

peace...

Did you not read the link in the OP where the prosecutor described exactly what happened?

Just Quoted it...

90 FUCKING DAYS?...

Wow.

If he had a Case for a Brutal Sexual Assault on a 14 year old then why the Fuck did he Hide behind that little girl and give the Rapist 90 days?...

peace...

Anyone want to Discuss this Prosecutor and his 90 Day Slap on the Wrist of a Brutal Rapist?... :dunno:

peace...

Just Quoted it...

90 FUCKING DAYS?...

Wow.

peace...

Anyone want to Discuss this Prosecutor and his 90 Day Slap on the Wrist of a Brutal Rapist?... :dunno:

peace...

already did.

Do I think he was ruling on the merit of her rape? No.

He was talking specifically about her rape, you daft twat.

He's a Doucheknuckle no Doubt...

But Political Points off of his Shitbagginess isn't right either.

What's more Concerning to me is 90 Days for a Brutal Rape...

Assuming that's what happened.

Rape's Serious Shit... 90 Days is NOTHING.

This Prosecutor and the Case should be Investigated.

peace...

plus 3 years of probation (no small thing when you're 18). According to the prosecutor, she did so to spare the client further trauma from a trial.

it's not uncommon in rape cases. in a lot of ways, having to go to trial is like being victimized all over again for the victims in these cases. It's incredibly traumatic.

No Fuckin' way...

90 Days is Bullshit... And 3 years Probation?... :lol:

Is he on the Sexual Offender's List for Life like the Streaker?...

I don't like this Story on any level...

peace...

Forum List

Back