"Some girls, they rape so easy."

Rape, the real and the not so real, have been used as weapons by both men and women. Mostly men but nonetheless by both sexes over time.

Horrible wording by Rivard's father and now these words are at the mercy of those who love a politically opportune soundbyte that makes slicing and dicing an opponent child's play. The problem is the spin the opportunists are adding to this all. Ridiculous.

Just for clarity to one of my neg critics. I was referring only to the poorly worded comments made by Rivard as relayed to him by his father and not to the rape case discussed in this thread. She was raped by her attacker and the evidence did not show consent nor was she legally able to give consent. The young girl was raped. End of story.

Your sympathy for Rivards, versus the 14-year-old girl whose victimization he so cavalierly dismissed, has been noted and responded to.

Wow. A comment from an interview in December, he quotes a statement his father made to him as a cautionary note, but that's just "typical white behavior" I guess

"When a Chetek Alert reporter asked state Rep. Roger Rivard in December to comment on the case in which a 14-year-old girl accused a 17-year-old boy of sexually assaulting her, the Rice Lake lawmaker said his father told him: "Some girls, they rape so easy." Rivard said last week the comment was his father's way of warning him that a woman could agree to sex but then later claim the act wasn't consensual."

He should Know better... But the Comment is FAR from as Offensive when it's Original Context.

Politicians, specifically Republican ones, should know better than to say things that can be made into Soundbites that can't be Explained away later.

:)

peace...

I knew I shouldn't have said anything in this thread but yeah ... you've got this right.

Really. What does he have right about it? In what way can Rivard's comments be spun to make them less offensive when attempting to dismiss a violent sexual crime against a 14-year-old girl?

Rape, the real and the not so real, have been used as weapons by both men and women. Mostly men but nonetheless by both sexes over time.

Horrible wording by Rivard's father and now these words are at the mercy of those who love a politically opportune soundbyte that makes slicing and dicing an opponent child's play. The problem is the spin the opportunists are adding to this all. Ridiculous.

Just for clarity to one of my neg critics. I was referring only to the poorly worded comments made by Rivard as relayed to him by his father and not to the rape case discussed in this thread. She was raped by her attacker and the evidence did not show consent nor was she legally able to give consent. The young girl was raped. End of story.

Your sympathy for Rivards, versus the 14-year-old girl whose victimization he so cavalierly dismissed, has been noted and responded to.

Sympathy? Damn it Cat, this is a message board. I am having a political discussion not passing out Kleenex to anyone. I don't know any of the players. Rivard is just some dude who should watch which family stories he re-tells and the girl is unknown to me personally although I despise rape and do not need any anonymous person wagging her kitty claw at me to tell me how I am feeling about any subject matter based on her flawed perception.

Now piss off before I declaw you kitty cat.:razz:

He displayed no sympathy

Your reading skills clearly haven't improved with time:

now these words are at the mercy of those who love a politically opportune soundbyte that makes slicing and dicing an opponent child's play. The problem is the spin the opportunists are adding to this all. Ridiculous.

The problem isn't that Rivards is being taken advantage of by political opportunists...the problem is that Rivards dismissed the violent victimization of a young girl--in her school--as her being a flighty girl who changed her mind about sex.

Sympathy? Damn it Cat, this is a message board. I am having a political discussion not passing out Kleenex to anyone. I don't know any of the players. Rivard is just some dude who should watch which family stories he re-tells and the girl is unknown to me personally although I despise rape and do not need any anonymous person wagging her kitty claw at me to tell me how I am feeling about any subject matter based on her flawed perception.

Your exact words:

now these words are at the mercy of those who love a politically opportune soundbyte that makes slicing and dicing an opponent child's play. The problem is the spin the opportunists are adding to this all. Ridiculous.

Poor, poor Representative Rivards, being sliced and diced by political opponents. Let's all cry a river of tears for his suffering, and not shed a single tear for the girl whose violent victimization he dismissed as a girlish whim.

The problem isn't Rivards being held accountable for his words, you hypocritical twat. The problem is that a young girl was violently sexually assaulted at school, and the Rivards added her victimization by pretending she consented and recanted, because he's a repulsive political opportunist.

You're a hypocritical moron. Go fuck yourself with a chain saw.

Last edited:

You're a pile of shit. He said nothing sympathetic; he merely discussed the case. You know it, but you think you're clever by flaming.

The problem isn't that Rivards is being taken advantage of by political opportunists...the problem is that Rivards dismissed the violent victimization of a young girl--in her school--as her being a flighty girl who changed her mind about sex.

The problem is that you're a disgusting pile of shit.

Stay in the flame zone. You lack the brains and integrity needed to debate in the main forums.

You're a pile of shit. He said nothing sympathetic; he merely discussed the case. You know it, but you think you're clever by flaming.

The problem is that you're a disgusting pile of shit.

Stay in the flame zone. You lack the brains and integrity needed to debate in the main forums.

Yet again, Unitard2008 comes unarmed to a war of wits and shows his ass.

Your exact words:

Poor, poor Representative Rivards, being sliced and diced by political opponents. Let's all cry a river of tears for his suffering, and not shed a single tear for the girl whose violent victimization he dismissed as a girlish whim.

The problem isn't Rivards being held accountable for his words, you hypocritical twat. The problem is that a young girl was violently sexually assaulted at school, and the Rivards verbally raped her again in the media for political gain, because he's a repulsive political opportunist.

^Heathers Reference... Incomplete as it may be. :thup:

peace...

Wisconsin politician's comments on the rape of a 14-year-old girl at her school.

Wisconsin: Prosecutor says 'rape easy' case that lawmaker discussed wasn't consensual - TwinCities.com

A number of prominent Republicans, including vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan, Gov. Scott Walker and U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, rescinded their endorsements of Rivard after his comments. Rivard also has lost the support of the Republican Assembly Campaign Committee, the main campaign operation for Assembly Republicans. However, he continues to enjoy support from local Republicans, as well as Wisconsin Right to Life, Pro-Life Wisconsin, the Wisconsin Restaurant Association and the National Federation of Independent Businesses-Wisconsin.

Kudos to Ryan and Walker for disavowing this douchetool, but it's interesting how Wisconsin Right to Life and Pro-Life Wisconsin are still supporting him.

My God! What a stupid thing to say!

Not you Catz, but the jackass who said it. I just don't understand the people in the world today.

Your exact words:

The problem isn't Rivards being held accountable for his words, you hypocritical twat. The problem is that a young girl was violently sexually assaulted at school, and the Rivards verbally raped her again in the media for political gain, because he's a repulsive political opportunist.

I have only read the news report as offered here. Never actually heard the comments from Rivard's mouth.

I am curious as to how the discussion actually went down and why did the reporter even ask this guy about this one case.

Oh brilliant one please enlighten me. Would you say this Rivard guy is a clueless idiot when he speaks or he wanted to let everyone know he believed this girl "was an easy rape?"

Oh speaking of his statements when confronted about his comments. Just a pol two-stepping it or a clueless dimwit trying to explain what he was honestly trying to relay to the reporter? Hey you seem to have been there and in his mind too so please educate me Cat. I will await the warmth of your amazing light and insight.

Last edited:
He should Know better... But the Comment is FAR from as Offensive when it's Original Context.

Politicians, specifically Republican ones, should know better than to say things that can be made into Soundbites that can't be Explained away later.

peace...

I knew I shouldn't have said anything in this thread but yeah ... you've got this right.

You're right, you shouldn't have said anything. Now you are on record as blaming the victim.

Who Blamed the Vicitm in any of that?... Not speaking to the Politician either.

peace...

The emotional aspect of your statement I agree with. But the reality is the line of right and wrong is blurred. Is a College freshman who is in a long term relationship with a girl who is a 17 old senior “fucking children” as you say?

Most states clarify the age at which it's legal to have sex with someone. It's a really clear line of delineation. In my state, at least, 16 is the line. If you have sex with someone under 16, and you're 2 years older, it's considered statutory rape.

It's interesting how you're attempting to pretend that this is somehow murky and mysterious.

No, I am not at all pretending anything. I am FLAT OUT disagreeing with the use of the label sexual predator. And flat out described situations where it’s ridiculous in application of the label..

I have only read the news report as offered here. Never actually heard the comments from Rivard's mouth.

Your first response was to talk out of your ass and assume the poor conservative was being unfairly treated, and now you'd like to be informed?

Use google, twat for brains.

I think you're awesome. I think what he said was stupid and insensitive. I'm just surprised you don't cut him any slack at all given his explanation.

You don't see a difference between cautioning your boy about possible ramifications of sex, and an attempt to diminish the forcible rape of a 14-year-old girl at her high school?

His comments were made ABOUT A SPECIFIC FORCIBLE RAPE CASE AND THE 14-YEAR OLD VICTIM IN THAT CASE.

He was asked what he thought about HER CASE, and that's what he said.

You don't see a difference between the two things?

I see the highlighting...

Has Proof of Forcible Rape been given?...

Has there been a Conviction?...

Was the Conviction Based on her Word vs his?...

peace...

Your first response was to talk out of your ass and assume the poor conservative was being unfairly treated, and now you'd like to be informed?

Use google, twat for brains.

I stand by my views and observations as offered. GFY.

By the way, the guy is likely an idiot as demonstrated by his timing on telling poorly worded old Dad stories but you have concluded he believes this girl was not raped. I am not coming to that same conclusion based on what I have read.

peace...

You're right, you shouldn't have said anything. Now you are on record as blaming the victim.

No, I'm not. You may interpret it that way and no one will be surprised at your dishonesty, but that is not what I said.

peace...

You should know better to than interact with catzmeow in any forum.

Catz is great. Nothing wrong with her. I'm not going to jump on a Catz-hating bandwagon over this.

I think you're awesome. I think what he said was stupid and insensitive. I'm just surprised you don't cut him any slack at all given his explanation.

You don't see a difference between cautioning your boy about possible ramifications of sex, and an attempt to diminish the forcible rape of a 14-year-old girl at her high school?

His comments were made ABOUT A SPECIFIC FORCIBLE RAPE CASE AND THE 14-YEAR OLD VICTIM IN THAT CASE.

He was asked what he thought about HER CASE, and that's what he said.

You don't see a difference between the two things?

I see the highlighting...

Has Proof of Forcible Rape been given?...

Has there been a Conviction?...

Was the Conviction Based on her Word vs his?...

peace...

Did you not read the link in the OP where the prosecutor described exactly what happened?

Forum List

Back