"Some girls, they rape so easy."

I agree there is a difference between an 18 year old and 14 years old. I actually remember being that age (I feel so many people seem to forget their own past as soon as they get “old”) But in this discussion and situation wasn’t the person in question 17? That’s not 18.

And more importantly to my point, all the above ages are in High School together. Again, do people forget that time of your life? Scoring a freshman as a senior was not a crime rather a celebration. I guarantee that hasn’t changed. Also in my experience most girls have had sex before the average age of 16.

Of course I’m generalizing in my numbers but let’s be real here. If someone doesn’t think teens in High School are fooling around they are living in a false reality. And if this really is so objectionable than why doesn’t junior high last until a later age vs. throwing those kids into High School for four years together.

Bottom line is being under 18 is being under 18. You’re a kid that doesn’t know your ass from a hole in the ground at that point. Prosecuting a High School kid for having sex with another High School kid is absurd. (unless of course it wasn’t voluntary)

In the case we're referencing, the 14-year-old girl was forced to have sex by a 17-year-old boy.

But, in general, I support statutory rape laws. 18 year old boys don't need to be having sex with 14-year-old girls, and I don't care how many times your buddies would have high-fived you for it.

So has the 17 year old been Charged and Convicted of Forcible Rape?...

Not under the "Age of Consent" Laws, but that he actually held her against her Will and Raped her.

I'm unfamiliar with the Details. :thup:

:)

peace...

I’m also unfamiliar with the specifics. I was just getting on a soap box and avoiding my math and business law homework. And for the record. I take rape very seriously. I have three little sisters.

They are now charging some kids here in Colorado at Grade School Age for slapping another student on the ass for "sexual harrassment" and "abuse".

True story.

These kids don't know what they are doing and our System shouldn't be making little Children into Criminals at that age for minor infractions.

My Wife's former Principals Son streaked at a football game as a Sr. in High School and was put on the Sexual Predator List...

True Story.

What a World we now Live in.

peace...

This is what I'm talking about. Our society is out of control right now. You can't control every aspect of life. And you shouldn't. People have to grow and experience things. (No I’m not talking about rape)
The freaking sexual predator list is a joke!
This kid is on the same list as a guy who rapes 8year old girls? Or a senior in High School who has sex with his freshman girlfriend could end up on the same list?

Does anyone think maybe the "sexual predator" tag shouldn’t be so generally applied to every situation???

I don't...

The kid who Streaked had ZERO on his Record before that... A Principal's Son and a great Student.

Stupid Choice... Now a Sexual Predator.

In the 70's the Police would have been Laughing at pointing and then giving the Dad some shit later about it.

peace...

Not under the "Age of Consent" Laws, but that he actually held her against her Will and Raped her.

peace...

Yes. I linked to the comments from the prosecutor on the case up the thread....the girl did not consent and was forced to have sex.

Unfortunate turn of phrase but the sentiment is correct....young girls are ambiguous about *consent* because they aren't old enough or experienced enough to say *no* definitively, though they may not want to have sex.

you dumb fucking bitch republican......*

if you cant or arent old enough to give consent ....it is still fucking rape

*said with the highest respect of course

14 year old girls rape easiest of all because it's ALL rape. Even if the girl takes your pants off herself it's still rape.

Of course, if a 14 year year old girl tried to take my pants off her I'd throw her ass out of the room. No excuse for a grown man to even put himself in a situation like that with a minor.

What I want is a 30 year old hot woman to take my pants off. :D

Yeah the only way that will happen is if you drug them.

In the case we're referencing, the 14-year-old girl was forced to have sex by a 17-year-old boy.

But, in general, I support statutory rape laws. 18 year old boys don't need to be having sex with 14-year-old girls, and I don't care how many times your buddies would have high-fived you for it.

peace...

I’m also unfamiliar with the specifics. I was just getting on a soap box and avoiding my math and business law homework. And for the record. I take rape very seriously. I have three little sisters.

Rape... Someone who attacks a Woman and Assaults her Physically and Sexually...

That should be Punishable by at least Life in Prison.

Someone getting too Drunk and Regreting what they did the night before with another Drunk person and nobody in the Equation KNEW the other's Age or both Lied about their Age...

They aren't he same Situations... At all.

That's why the word Rape needs to mean something.

peace...

Unfortunate turn of phrase but the sentiment is correct....young girls are ambiguous about *consent* because they aren't old enough or experienced enough to say *no* definitively, though they may not want to have sex.

you dumb fucking bitch republican......*

if you cant or arent old enough to give consent ....it is still fucking rape

*said with the highest respect of course

Of course, if a 14 year year old girl tried to take my pants off her I'd throw her ass out of the room. No excuse for a grown man to even put himself in a situation like that with a minor.

What I want is a 30 year old hot woman to take my pants off. :D

Yeah the only way that will happen is if you drug them.

^The 56-year-old who is all about Fucking 18-year-olds has Decided to Wander on in...

Slick move, Asschowder. :thup:

peace...

From the article linked in the OP:

District Attorney Angela Beranek, who prosecuted the Barron County case, issued a statement Monday saying the attack was a serious act of aggression that lacked any element of consent.

"The public needs to know the case Rep. Rivard was speaking about was not a 'Romeo and Juliet' situation," Beranek said in the statement. "This was a sex act perpetrated by force against the will of the victim. There was no consent."

Messages seeking comment were left Tuesday on Rivard's phone and at his legislative office in Madison. An email also was sent to his office.

The teenage boy in the Barron County case was charged with sexually assaulting the girl in the school band room. The girl told investigators she said "no" when the boy told her he wanted to have sex with her, but that he pinned her to the floor and sexually assaulted her.

Now, imagine if this was your daughter, who has been sexually assaulted at school. What would you want to do to a politician who made this statement--in reference to her---that "some girls rape so easily."

Recognizing that the laws can be problematic for teenagers (particularly boys) and warning your boy to avoid promiscuous sex is not the same as pretending that a forcible rape was merely a whimsical decision by the victim in question.

Last edited:

peace...

Yes. I linked to the comments from the prosecutor on the case up the thread....the girl did not consent and was forced to have sex.

Prison... There's no Question about it if that was Proven.

You don't Force ANYONE to have Sex Against their Will.

There is no Excuse and I am not for being Easy on them either.

peace...

From the article linked in the OP:

District Attorney Angela Beranek, who prosecuted the Barron County case, issued a statement Monday saying the attack was a serious act of aggression that lacked any element of consent.

"The public needs to know the case Rep. Rivard was speaking about was not a 'Romeo and Juliet' situation," Beranek said in the statement. "This was a sex act perpetrated by force against the will of the victim. There was no consent."

Messages seeking comment were left Tuesday on Rivard's phone and at his legislative office in Madison. An email also was sent to his office.

The teenage boy in the Barron County case was charged with sexually assaulting the girl in the school band room. The girl told investigators she said "no" when the boy told her he wanted to have sex with her, but that he pinned her to the floor and sexually assaulted her.

Now, imagine if this was your daughter, who has been sexually assaulted at school. What would you want to do to a politician who made this statement--in reference to her---that "some girls rape so easily."

Recognizing that the laws can be problematic for teenagers (particularly boys) and warning your boy to avoid promiscuous sex is not the same as pretending that a forcible rape was merely a whimsical decision by the victim in question.

The Politician is an Absolute Qunt... Now Doubt...

What I don't like about these situations is that from what I am reading this is a he said/she said.

Unless there is other evidence.

Imagine if it was your Son and this girl had a rep around town and all she had to do was say "he forced me"...

Her Word overrides his, does it not?...

I have one of each and another on the way and these things Scare the Shit out of me. :thup:

peace...

I have a 19 year old daughter and a 14-year-old son.

This summer, my son was allowed to go, unsupervised, to a 16-year-old girl's home by his dad. She set up the situation and had sex with him. A few couple of weeks later, when he refused to date her, she accused him of rape and then claimed to be pregnant.

<snipped>

But, I have good friends whose sons have been entrapped in a similar fashion, and it's not a good situation at all.

I kinda woulda thought Catz would have appreciated a father way back when advising his son, "Some girls, they rape so easy" to caution him against casual sex with young women.
wtf?

I kinda woulda thought Catz would have appreciated a father way back when advising his son, "Some girls, they rape so easy" to caution him against casual sex with young women.

I don't think I will ever express approval of someone saying "some girls, they rape so easy."

But thanks for thinking of me in such a twatty way. It's sweet how much you care.

I think you're awesome. I think what he said was stupid and insensitive. I'm just surprised you don't cut him any slack at all given his explanation.

I have a 19 year old daughter and a 14-year-old son.

This summer, my son was allowed to go, unsupervised, to a 16-year-old girl's home by his dad. She set up the situation and had sex with him. A few couple of weeks later, when he refused to date her, she accused him of rape and then claimed to be pregnant.

<snipped>

But, I have good friends whose sons have been entrapped in a similar fashion, and it's not a good situation at all.

wtf?

^That's what I'm talkin' about... See it? :dunno:

peace...

I think that's why we have statutory laws. 14 year olds can't consent - they lack the maturity and experience needed to do so.

Standard Disclaimer: Meine Mutter war mit 13 verheiratet, aber sie ist deutsche und deutschen sind seltsam.

Wow. A comment from an interview in December, he quotes a statement his father made to him as a cautionary note, but that's just "typical white behavior" I guess

"When a Chetek Alert reporter asked state Rep. Roger Rivard in December to comment on the case in which a 14-year-old girl accused a 17-year-old boy of sexually assaulting her, the Rice Lake lawmaker said his father told him: "Some girls, they rape so easy." Rivard said last week the comment was his father's way of warning him that a woman could agree to sex but then later claim the act wasn't consensual."

He should Know better... But the Comment is FAR from as Offensive when it's Original Context.

Politicians, specifically Republican ones, should know better than to say things that can be made into Soundbites that can't be Explained away later.

peace...

I knew I shouldn't have said anything in this thread but yeah ... you've got this right.

Wow. A comment from an interview in December, he quotes a statement his father made to him as a cautionary note, but that's just "typical white behavior" I guess

"When a Chetek Alert reporter asked state Rep. Roger Rivard in December to comment on the case in which a 14-year-old girl accused a 17-year-old boy of sexually assaulting her, the Rice Lake lawmaker said his father told him: "Some girls, they rape so easy." Rivard said last week the comment was his father's way of warning him that a woman could agree to sex but then later claim the act wasn't consensual."

He should Know better... But the Comment is FAR from as Offensive when it's Original Context.

Politicians, specifically Republican ones, should know better than to say things that can be made into Soundbites that can't be Explained away later.

peace...

I knew I shouldn't have said anything in this thread but yeah ... you've got this right.

You're right, you shouldn't have said anything. Now you are on record as blaming the victim.

peace...

You should know better to than interact with catzmeow in any forum.

I like the bright line crystal clear unambiguous rule:

Don't fuck children.

The emotional aspect of your statement I agree with. But the reality is the line of right and wrong is blurred. Is a College freshman who is in a long term relationship with a girl who is a 17 old senior “fucking children” as you say?

Generalizing the term “fucking children” and worse the sexual Predator title is very dangerous and needs to be broken down into different categories.

Do you really believe the kid who was streaking at the football game should be listed as a sexual predator?

I think you're awesome. I think what he said was stupid and insensitive. I'm just surprised you don't cut him any slack at all given his explanation.

You don't see a difference between cautioning your boy about possible ramifications of sex, and an attempt to diminish the forcible rape of a 14-year-old girl at her high school?

His comments were made ABOUT A SPECIFIC FORCIBLE RAPE CASE AND THE 14-YEAR OLD VICTIM IN THAT CASE.

He was asked what he thought about HER CASE, and that's what he said.

You don't see a difference between the two things?

Rape, the real and the not so real, have been used as weapons by both men and women. Mostly men but nonetheless by both sexes over time.

Horrible wording by Rivard's father and now these words are at the mercy of those who love a politically opportune soundbyte that makes slicing and dicing an opponent child's play. The problem is the spin the opportunists are adding to this all. Ridiculous.

Just for clarity to one of my neg critics. I was referring only to the poorly worded comments made by Rivard as relayed to him by his father and not to the rape case discussed in this thread. She was raped by her attacker and the evidence did not show consent nor was she legally able to give consent. The young girl was raped. End of story.

The emotional aspect of your statement I agree with. But the reality is the line of right and wrong is blurred. Is a College freshman who is in a long term relationship with a girl who is a 17 old senior &#8220;fucking children&#8221; as you say?

Most states clarify the age at which it's legal to have sex with someone. It's a really clear line of delineation. In my state, at least, 16 is the line. If you have sex with someone under 16, and you're 2 years older, it's considered statutory rape.

It's interesting how you're attempting to pretend that this is somehow murky and mysterious.

Forum List

Back