Status
Not open for further replies.

couch protester

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
Spike Lee, Jada Pinkett Smith Announce Boycott of the Oscars

Jada Pinkett Smith, Spike Lee to Boycott Oscars Over Diversity

Jada Pinkett Smith, Spike Lee to Boycott Oscars Over Diversity - NBC News

Janet Hubert (Mom of Fresh Prince of Bel Air) Responds to Jada Pinkett Smith's Boycott of the Oscars

Whoopi Goldberg Slams Oscars Boycott: It Pisses Me Off!

www.etonline.com/.../180351_whoopi_goldberg_...
Entertainment Tonight
6 hours ago - Goldberg proclaimed on Tuesday's show that the Oscars are not to blame for the lack of diversity, but rather the issue lies with those making the ...

if they expect to be treated on a level field, why do they have separate award?

There were good actors and films, but that does not mean they were more deserving than those nominated.
The awards are not about the best white actors and best black actors, just the best actors, films, etc.

Blacks have won before, deservedly so, just not the best of the best in the last two years in the opinions of the members. You can't get a job in film without being a member. Guess all the black members didn't think or have enough over all support for nominating blacks this year. Other performances stood out in their minds when they checked their boxes.

If they want to be equal, why is there black tv, black fashion, black music? Why are there "black" films for a black audience? What of good films for an inclusive audience? Do blacks not go to films that were nominated?

When blacks are the most deserving, they get nominated and win. Maybe this was not their best year?

There were good actors and films, but that does not mean they were more deserving than those nominated.
The awards are not about the best white actors and best black actors, just the best actors, films, etc.

Blacks have won before, deservedly so, just not the best of the best in the last two years in the opinions of the members. You can't get a job in film without being a member. Guess all the black members didn't think or have enough over all support for nominating blacks this year. Other performances stood out in their minds when they checked their boxes.

If they want to be equal, why is there black tv, black fashion, black music? Why are there "black" films for a black audience? What of good films for an inclusive audience? Do blacks not go to films that were nominated?

When blacks are the most deserving, they get nominated and win. Maybe this was not their best year?

The Grammy's separate black categories in hip hop and R&B.

I read they want quotas. Seriously? They want xx number of blacks to be nominated ... because they're black. Nope, nothing racist about that.

They want a nomination? Stop whining, work for it, do a better job than the next guy.

The Grammy's separate black categories in hip hop and R&B.

those are different style of music. Are there no white hip hop or R&B performers?

The problem is that there aren't a lot of blacks in the top rank of movies that are usually chosen for the Oscars.

If blacks do feature in a movie, it's usually a slapstick comedy about two black police officers trying to solve a crime.

I saw one activist say that in the history of the oscars unworthy whites have won so we should make it up by giving the award to untalented blacks.

Spike Lee, Jada Pinkett Smith Announce Boycott of the Oscars

Jada Pinkett Smith, Spike Lee to Boycott Oscars Over Diversity

Jada Pinkett Smith, Spike Lee to Boycott Oscars Over Diversity - NBC News

Janet Hubert (Mom of Fresh Prince of Bel Air) Responds to Jada Pinkett Smith's Boycott of the Oscars

Whoopi Goldberg Slams Oscars Boycott: It Pisses Me Off!

www.etonline.com/.../180351_whoopi_goldberg_...
Entertainment Tonight
6 hours ago - Goldberg proclaimed on Tuesday's show that the Oscars are not to blame for the lack of diversity, but rather the issue lies with those making the ...

Are they going to boycott the election because there are no blacks running as Dims?

http://oscar.go.com/

Up against these performances, straight out of compton, does not make the grade. It might have been a good story and gotten good reviews among certain groups but it did not have the stand out performances that exceeded these nominations.

Did spike really expect chi-raq would have been nominated?

Oscars are not a public popularity contest, it is members of the screen actors guild voicing what they see as the best performances.

I stopped watching the Oscars when they picked Woody Allen's movie Annie Hall over Star Wars as best picture.

Does anyone even remember Annie Hall?

I stopped watching the Oscars when they picked Woody Allen's movie Annie Hall over Star Wars as best picture.

Does anyone even remember Annie Hall?

great hero story, great entertainment, great special effects, not the best acting

movie is being judged by other actors

I love the star wars, all of them, but was not outstanding acting. Half the movie was green screen. It was a bit campy, but that was also part of its charm.

I did not like Annie Hall, but I understand why so many others did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back