Solving the "Race" Problem

2. It should be noted that in 1930 blacks represented over 80 % of the unskilled labor force,

Does this statistic which will astound all economic historians have a source? Or did you just make it up out of thin air?

Are you upset that you have grown so old, and learned so little?

Is that the provenance of your tone?

The source is Walter E. Williams.
"Walter Edward Williams (born March 31, 1936) is an American economist, commentator, and academic. He is the John M. Olin Distinguished Professor of Economics at George Mason University, as well as a syndicated columnist and author known for his libertarian views....Williams has been a Professor of Economics at George Mason University since 1980, and was chairman of the University's Economics department from 1995 to 2001."
Walter E. Williams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So much for "...this statistic which will astound all economic historians..."

During the Fifties many people were afraid to even carry a book about Marx or communism. That was a fearful age. Fortunatley we are emerging from that Dark Age and now able to study those ideologies and understand what happened and why Marx not only failed but would never work. It is still confusing to many and doing one's homework is enlightening. Two mini ages in less than 100 years: Dark Ages and period of Enlightenment.

You are a fool, reggie.

Ronald Reagan, though dismissed by Europeans as a second-rate actor and fondler of cue cards, possessed that magic faculty that separates run-of-the mill politicos from history-molding leaders. "I didn't understand", recalls Time's Joe Klein, "how truly monumental, and morally important, Reagan's anti-communism was until I visited the Soviet Union in 1987." He continues with a seemingly trivial vignette. Attending the Bolshoi Ballet, he was nudged by his minder: "'Ronald Reagan. Evil empire', he whispered with dramatic intensity and shot a glance toward his lap where he had hidden two enthusiastic thumbs up. 'Yes!'"

When an American president manages to pluck the soul strings of those who have been raised to fear and despise what he represents, he surely deserves the honorific 'great.'
The "amazing and mysterious" life of Ronald Reagan - National Interest, The Articles | Find
Articles at CBS MoneyWatch.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIhixcUEq50]The Terrible Ukrainian Famine of 1932-33 - YouTube[/ame]

During the Fifties many people were afraid to even carry a book about Marx or communism. That was a fearful age. Fortunatley we are emerging from that Dark Age and now able to study those ideologies and understand what happened and why Marx not only failed but would never work. It is still confusing to many and doing one's homework is enlightening. Two mini ages in less than 100 years: Dark Ages and period of Enlightenment.

In graduate school my research required a security clearance. The major who conducted the interview for the DIA shared a copy of my FBI file. It turns out that virtually all of us on National Defense Education Act fellowships had FBI files based on the same information that got us the NDEA fellowships. My sin? undergraduate courses in Russian history, very suspicious for an economist on the government payroll working on labor force estimates for the Soviet Union.

You being a fool has already been established.

In graduate school my research required a security clearance. The major who conducted the interview for the DIA shared a copy of my FBI file. It turns out that virtually all of us on National Defense Education Act fellowships had FBI files based on the same information that got us the NDEA fellowships. My sin? undergraduate courses in Russian history, very suspicious for an economist on the government payroll working on labor force estimates for the Soviet Union.

One of the things I have learned over the years is that history books do not bring back a period-past in full relief. Does a history on the Civil War really bring back the Civil War as experienced by the people? I think the fear felt during the McCarthy period by some in certain occupations may no longer be understood.

One of the things I have learned over the years is that history books do not bring back a period-past in full relief. Does a history on the Civil War really bring back the Civil War as experienced by the people? I think the fear felt during the McCarthy period by some in certain occupations may no longer be understood.

If this is your apology for the deep and, apparently insouciant, lack of understanding of the threat posed by communism's penetration of the Democrat administration of the United States....

...on behalf of those of us who understand the era, I accept your apology.

It was the misfortune of black Americans that they were just on the verge of passing through the immigrant experience when damaging ideas about welfare and the lenient attitude about crime took hold. It could have happened to the Italians, Germans, Jews or Irish, but luckily for them, there were no Liberals around to “help” when they arrived. Coulter, “Mugged,” chapter 7.

So....what can we learn from the classic pattern exhibited by the travails of the Irish?

Solving the problem of 'race'?

Don't expect to race to a solution.

Dear PC: what complicates the Black inequality issues is not so much "race per se" but property ownership and spiritual recovery from the pain of genocide still carried to this day.

I compiled a three-point plan to address the
1. Spiritual Healing
2. Legal education, conflict resolution and mediation training and assistance needed
3. Financial and property management education and mentorship
So that people can be equal in relation to others who otherwise have had handicaps in the past blocking them on one or more of these levels.

I hope Obama will implement his executive order on African American education by focusing in these areas, especially organizing community leadership and resources to build programs THEMSELVES (not depending on federal govt) that incorporate local efforts already in place.
We need programs that teach people how to manage independence, equal responsibility, and sustainable finance and services; not more dependence on govt as a surrogate. So by the nature of such programs teaching self-reliability, they cannot depend on handouts by either govt or charity, but must be based on a business model where they cover their costs.

I can see programs like this built on microloans that are paid back as the business plans develop and generate capital; and can see investments in community programs coming from "restitution" for taxpayers' money previously misspent being paid back to create them.

So govt could manage the corrections CAUSED by govt abuses in the first place to pay back.

But the point of such programs should be to organize networks of education, housing and social services -- independent of federal govt by local management of community leaders and residents -- that incorporate business training and administrative management, to become financially sustainable, and to replicate such campus systems to uplift poor areas.

That would help address multiple socioeconomic issues facing minorities, whether African American or Latino, immigrant or prison populations needing help with recovery.

Because of the diversity involved, such solutions are best implemented and democraticized LOCALLY to stop overreliance on federal govt to dictate plans that don't fit all communities.
We have to work state by state, city by city, and stop political infighting wasting resources that could be invested directly into building sustainable solutions satisfying all the parties.

It was the misfortune of black Americans that they were just on the verge of passing through the immigrant experience when damaging ideas about welfare and the lenient attitude about crime took hold. It could have happened to the Italians, Germans, Jews or Irish, but luckily for them, there were no Liberals around to “help” when they arrived. Coulter, “Mugged,” chapter 7.

So....what can we learn from the classic pattern exhibited by the travails of the Irish?

Solving the problem of 'race'?

Don't expect to race to a solution.

Dear PC: what complicates the Black inequality issues is not so much "race per se" but property ownership and spiritual recovery from the pain of genocide still carried to this day.

I compiled a three-point plan to address the
1. Spiritual Healing
2. Legal education, conflict resolution and mediation training and assistance needed
3. Financial and property management education and mentorship
So that people can be equal in relation to others who otherwise have had handicaps in the past blocking them on one or more of these levels.

I hope Obama will implement his executive order on African American education by focusing in these areas, especially organizing community leadership and resources to build programs THEMSELVES (not depending on federal govt) that incorporate local efforts already in place.
We need programs that teach people how to manage independence, equal responsibility, and sustainable finance and services; not more dependence on govt as a surrogate. So by the nature of such programs teaching self-reliability, they cannot depend on handouts by either govt or charity, but must be based on a business model where they cover their costs.

I can see programs like this built on microloans that are paid back as the business plans develop and generate capital; and can see investments in community programs coming from "restitution" for taxpayers' money previously misspent being paid back to create them.

So govt could manage the corrections CAUSED by govt abuses in the first place to pay back.

But the point of such programs should be to organize networks of education, housing and social services -- independent of federal govt by local management of community leaders and residents -- that incorporate business training and administrative management, to become financially sustainable, and to replicate such campus systems to uplift poor areas.

That would help address multiple socioeconomic issues facing minorities, whether African American or Latino, immigrant or prison populations needing help with recovery.

Because of the diversity involved, such solutions are best implemented and democraticized LOCALLY to stop overreliance on federal govt to dictate plans that don't fit all communities.
We have to work state by state, city by city, and stop political infighting wasting resources that could be invested directly into building sustainable solutions satisfying all the parties.

I'm going to suggest that reading the OP would be beneficial.

It suggests that 'programs to help....' are exactly the problem.

Black people are no less capable than white people....unless you convince them that they are so.

Sorry PC..you really don't know Daniel Patrick Moynihan (One of my heroes) or what he was about.

He was very liberal..and very brilliant.

You do these cut and pastes with little understanding of the Topic.

But I do invite you to read up on the subject. Mr. Moynihan was a pretty interesting fellow.

Sorry PC..you really don't know Daniel Patrick Moynihan (One of my heroes) or what he was about.

He was very liberal..and very brilliant.

You do these cut and pastes with little understanding of the Topic.

But I do invite you to read up on the subject. Mr. Moynihan was a pretty interesting fellow.

I imagine that if you had ever shown evidence of an intellect, your post might carry some weight.
I've seen examples of your work, and the conclusion is that you couldn’t empty water out of a boot if the instructions were written on the bottom.

As it is, the post is an example of your purpose here: amusement.

Forum List

Back