Soldiers blowing up dogs for fun:

Well, not so many people appreciate that the military itself is hurt by the actions of lunatics like that described above. It's the same with any form of extremism. Public opinion of that group plummets.

Probably a little less than in our general population since retards like that tend not to be able to control themselves and get caught early and kicked out.

As for your previous statement the military is not just about killing and no one is actually trained to kill. The Combat arms people are trained to react in a manner that would result in enemy deaths and to obey orders to attack or defend. Of Course Combat arms is about 1/6th of the military. the VAST majority of the military are NON combat professions.

Your ignorant tirades are just that IGNORANT.
The purpose of the military is defense in war. Okay, usually we are on the offense, but the purpose is the same...to fight.

You were in the military and you were trained to kill...just like everyone else in the military. So when you are called into action, what is your objective? To kill.

That's one way of looking at it, but it's not a complete picture. Some military personnel are indeed sadists, and I'd be kidding myself if I said otherwise. There's also the protective function of the military too, and begs the question of what would be done without the military.
I will be the first to say that we need a military force. My only contentions are that we misuse our military to extend our empire and that the consensus within the military is that they are this honorable institute that only creates positive things...which you yourself partially agree with.

A necessary evil? That would be too harsh. It is obvious that not all people who go into the military come out sadistic, abusive or angry. I am not saying that at all.

But look at the prime objectives of military training...there must be a better way to screen people who are adversely affected and then ease them back into society (and not just kick them out).

Well, not so many people appreciate that the military itself is hurt by the actions of lunatics like that described above. It's the same with any form of extremism. Public opinion of that group plummets.
David, I am all for restoring honor to the military. The question is how. I have my ideas and they may differ from GunnyL's ideas (or not).

I honestly don't think I want to see the videos, whether they are fake or not.. I would hope, with all the conviction I could muster, that the story is fake. And I would request that the military debunk the story...

We know that soldiers have risked their lives to save animals, and statisical analysis would probably put 99.99% of our troups in that group who would save even a dog's life.. In particular a puppy..

However,, should it be true, and stats would probably include a extremely minute population of soldiers who might not be capable of treating animals well, under the right circumstances,,,then I believe that those individuals would need to be tried for their acts.:sad:

Any time you get a group of kids together in stressful and highly structured settings, you are going to have cliques.

You will have the cliques of high achievers, the jock cliques, the eggheads, the cowboys...and the complete and total jerks who do things like torture animals and gang up on weaker people.

It's not something that comes from being in the military. Any school has its rejects who do things like torture cats, torment weaklings, tell vicious lies about other people and so on and so forth.

I don't know what it is about guys wanting to see what happens to animals when they die,but I think most guys are curious about it at some point in their lives and while one hopes one is able to instill a little self-control in one's children, I don't see the fact that there are mavericks out there who throw puppies off cliffs or tie cats' tails together or drown bags of kittens as exclusive to the military. It happens all the time. They should all have their butts kicked, before it happens.

But it does happen. And if you want to think it doesn't, or think that it's "caused" by being in the military, then you're living in la la land. The way I see it, soldiers who are apt to do that to kittens in the military are a hundred times more dangerous roaming loose on the streets, without any discipline at all. At least the military drills acceptable behavior into them that they might not get otherwise.

The purpose of the military is defense in war. Okay, usually we are on the offense, but the purpose is the same...to fight.

You were in the military and you were trained to kill...just like everyone else in the military. So when you are called into action, what is your objective? To kill.

Incorrect. The purpose is to take away the enemy's ability to wage war by whatever means necessary.

David, I am all for restoring honor to the military. The question is how. I have my ideas and they may differ from GunnyL's ideas (or not).

The honor isn't missing. It's right under your nose. You just can't see it for judging the 90% according to the actions of the 10% that are criminals.

So you should judge all Americans by the actions of the 20% that are criminals in our society, right?

Clean up your own house, civilian, before you presume to tell me to clean mine.

The honor isn't missing. It's right under your nose. You just can't see it for judging the 90% according to the actions of the 10% that are criminals.

So you should judge all Americans by the actions of the 20% that are criminals in our society, right?

take a gander at the videos, gunny. Make sure you remind me how we are not supposed to judge an entire population by a stark minority in the threads where you are quick to demonize pals for the actions of their 20% of criminals.

My house is not committing sadistic acts, and yours is.

I'm not saying I agree with either side, however, if Taomon is referring to houses as "civilian society" and "Military Society." Both committ sadistic acts no matter which way you look at it. I'm sure I could dig up plenty of stuff on both sides. So if that's what you meant Taomon, then that last post doesn't make sense.

If you did intend for "house" to be misconstrued for "civilian society" and "Military Society" and were simply referring to your own personal home, the disregard this post. :rofl:

I'm not saying I agree with either side, however, if Taomon is referring to houses as "civilian society" and "Military Society." Both committ sadistic acts no matter which way you look at it. I'm sure I could dig up plenty of stuff on both sides. So if that's what you meant Taomon, then that last post doesn't make sense.

If you did intend for "house" to be misconstrued for "civilian society" and "Military Society" and were simply referring to your own personal home, the disregard this post. :rofl:

I was staying with GunnyL's post where he told me to clean up my house before I tell him to clean up his.

I wasn't saying that all people in the military are sadistic, but GunnyL is very sensitive about anyone referring to the military with anything other than awe. So that question has to be directed to GunnyL, I am not even sure what GunnyL was referring to.

But I was referring to my own house...I think. :eusa_doh:

Seriously, GunnyL and I were referring to civilain versus military society. Civilian society has a lot of violence and many of those people are former military personnel and veterans.

It is ironic that GunnyL makes my point for me when he gets hot under the collar...military life breeds aggression.

I believe I'm a bit confused. So the majority of criminals in the civilian world come from military background? I'm not being confrontational, but I'm trying to get the picture here.

Is it a possibility that those people had a streak of sadistic rage before they joined the military?

I think the 4 years of service postively effects the majority of those in service. I also think that 4 years of service will not change the majority of those who have serious problems caused by 18 years of civilian life.

Lee Harvey Oswald had problems way before he assassinated JFK. Historical documentation proves it.

Could it also be that thousands of crimes are committed every day, but it especially makes the news if their ex-military? I feel that the media has alot to do with the perception of the military. We had kids in school that killed cats with hot rebar rods, you didn't see that on the internet or all over the news.

I believe I'm a bit confused. So the majority of criminals in the civilian world come from military background? I'm not being confrontational, but I'm trying to get the picture here.

Is it a possibility that those people had a streak of sadistic rage before they joined the military?

I think the 4 years of service postively effects the majority of those in service. I also think that 4 years of service will not change the majority of those who have serious problems caused by 18 years of civilian life.

Lee Harvey Oswald had problems way before he assassinated JFK. Historical documentation proves it.

Could it also be that thousands of crimes are committed every day, but it especially makes the news if their ex-military? I feel that the media has alot to do with the perception of the military. We had kids in school that killed cats with hot rebar rods, you didn't see that on the internet or all over the news.
I will say it again, military service breeds aggression.

You still haven't told us anything that we don't know. We've already established that about %10 of the nation's military come out ( and possibly already join) with aggression. So someone could conclude that the military breeds aggression in about %10 of military recruits. The military doesn't "breed" its troops to just flip out anytime someone makes them mad.
From your statements, you seem to ignore the fact that society breeds agression as well. There have been dozens of school shootings in the past few years, all people who have never been in the military. I'm not saying that your statement isn't true to some point. But it seems like your generalizing by saying the military breeds agression. The military teaches discipline, self-control (even in the utmost severe conditions). It seems to me that military men would be trained more to control their aggressions. How many lower ranking soldiers have wanted to pop the CO's in the face? Most are probably able to control themeselves, however, their are you %10 who lose self-control. I don't think that the military is any more detramental (spelling?) to someone's agression than society is. I also believe that the %10 percent of recruits that are sadistic and have aggression problems, already have those problems when they join. 4 years of military service is not going to turn a decent human being into a sadistic military bread aggressive maniac. He may now have the knowledge to snap one's neck, but that's applied to different situation.

Seriously, GunnyL and I were referring to civilain versus military society. Civilian society has a lot of violence and many of those people are former military personnel and veterans.

It is ironic that GunnyL makes my point for me when he gets hot under the collar...military life breeds aggression.

Yet another example of your delusional, warped little mind. Your arguments are so blatantly ridiculous what possible reason would I have to get hot under the collar? I get quite a chuckle out of the fact that you actually believe your own bullshit.

As far as aggression goes, I learned from the alpha male society into which was born long before I ever joined the military; which, of course, means yet another baseless point of your has been shot to shit.

As usual.

Yeah, you know ... right after to complete boot camp where they toss you upon birth.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back