eots

no fly list
Jan 6, 2007
IN TH HEARTS AND MINDS OF FREE MEN
Establishment Media Ignores Scores Of Other Shocking Abuse Videos

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The video of a US soldier hurling a defenseless puppy from a cliff top in Iraq has continued to stir outrage and repugnance amongst online communities across the world.

While the act of cruelty in itself could only realistically be topped by eating the puppy alive, Neo-Cons the like of those over at mother Malkin’s Hot Air blog have attempted to deny the reality of the shocking video, even after one of the Marines in the clip was identified by his Marine corps base in Hawaii.

The idiotic stance these braindead Neo-Cons have taken on this has spurred many prisonplanet forum users to prove that it is not just "a few bad apples" that are going after hearts and minds by torturing, shooting and blowing up animals.

Below are multiple examples of their findings.

Soldiers blowing up dogs for fun:

http://www.infowars.com/?p=620

Pure BS. There are no more US servicemembers "blowing up dogs for fun" than there are knuckleheads in your city doing it. The same percentage of sicko's exists in the military as does in the society from where they come.

When you figure out a way to weed them out without violating their Constitutional Rights or being able to read their minds so you'll know which ones are idiots and which ones aren't, be sure and let DoD know your secret, huh?

Establishment Media Ignores Scores Of Other Shocking Abuse Videos

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The video of a US soldier hurling a defenseless puppy from a cliff top in Iraq has continued to stir outrage and repugnance amongst online communities across the world.

While the act of cruelty in itself could only realistically be topped by eating the puppy alive, Neo-Cons the like of those over at mother Malkin’s Hot Air blog have attempted to deny the reality of the shocking video, even after one of the Marines in the clip was identified by his Marine corps base in Hawaii.

The idiotic stance these braindead Neo-Cons have taken on this has spurred many prisonplanet forum users to prove that it is not just "a few bad apples" that are going after hearts and minds by torturing, shooting and blowing up animals.

Below are multiple examples of their findings.

Soldiers blowing up dogs for fun:

:rolleyes:

Pure BS. There are no more US servicemembers "blowing up dogs for fun" than there are knuckleheads in your city doing it. The same percentage of sicko's exists in the military as does in the society from where they come.

When you figure out a way to weed them out without violating their Constitutional Rights or being able to read their minds so you'll know which ones are idiots and which ones aren't, be sure and let DoD know your secret, huh?
The psychological changes that military life breeds are profound, I am sure we can agree on that.

Some people become better and stronger...in effect, it matures them. Others are affected adversely, and we discussed this before.

You would think that the military, with it's decades of experience and advancements in psychology would help weed out the deranged and the psychotic.

Maybe they can be transferred from the military into a position in the public sector...so as to avoid violation of civil liberties.

The psychological changes that military life breeds are profound, I am sure we can agree on that.

Some people become better and stronger...in effect, it matures them. Others are affected adversely, and we discussed this before.

You would think that the military, with it's decades of experience and advancements in psychology would help weed out the deranged and the psychotic.

Maybe they can be transferred from the military into a position in the public sector...so as to avoid violation of civil liberties.

The psychological changes resulting from military life are profound only to those who can't adapt to the lifestyle. There is no inherent, adverse affect in the military lifestyle.

The military does everything it can to weed out the deranged and psychotic, and some still slip through the cracks. While I might label someone cruel or sadist for what this Marine did, I'd have to say deranged and/or psychotic are sensationalizing it a bit.

I fully support our nations military, I tried to join myself but was disqaulified for health reasons. I do have some questions regarding current servicemen. I dreamed my whole life about serving my country and would be proud to do so. However, it makes me really mad to see my country's servicemen acting in such ways. I understand that not all miltary men throw dogs off of bridges and cliffs, however, I have seen a growing number of military men who conduct themselves in a very unprofessional way. My cousin recently joined the Marines. I never really cared for him much, but when I found out he was going to Iraq, I thought I would be respectful to him (since he was serving our country) and thank him for his service. He basically pissed me off during the "conversation" and made me extremely mad. I was extremely irritated that this (bad word) was going overseas and representing me (Americans), and he's acting like that.
Well I guess my question is: Has our military done anything to raise the expectations of servicemen and their conduct. I mean, if I had the chance serve and represent my country, I would do so professionally.

Anyway, I'm not attempting to argue with you Gunny cause you seem to know your stuff, but I was just curious. Just an honest question.

I fully support our nations military, I tried to join myself but was disqaulified for health reasons. I do have some questions regarding current servicemen. I dreamed my whole life about serving my country and would be proud to do so. However, it makes me really mad to see my country's servicemen acting in such ways. I understand that not all miltary men throw dogs off of bridges and cliffs, however, I have seen a growing number of military men who conduct themselves in a very unprofessional way. My cousin recently joined the Marines. I never really cared for him much, but when I found out he was going to Iraq, I thought I would be respectful to him (since he was serving our country) and thank him for his service. He basically pissed me off during the "conversation" and made me extremely mad. I was extremely irritated that this (bad word) was going overseas and representing me (Americans), and he's acting like that.
Well I guess my question is: Has our military done anything to raise the expectations of servicemen and their conduct. I mean, if I had the chance serve and represent my country, I would do so professionally.

Anyway, I'm not attempting to argue with you Gunny cause you seem to know your stuff, but I was just curious. Just an honest question.

Sounds like your cousin was a jerk before he joined the Marines. Contrary to popular belief, one is not brainwashed into an honorable, flag-serving model citizen by going through boot camp. Most people who are jerks when they go in remain jerks.

There is no "growing number of servicemen acting in such ways." The servicemembers who act in such ways have always been there roughly at the same percentage as they exist within our society. It has in fact been said more than a few times the military is a microcosm of out society.

The problem arises when that 10% (what the Marines labels its dirtbags) are represented by the media in disproportion, and their actions sensationalized. Look at the title of this thread. Says something about Marines blowing up dogs. The article says A Marine threw A dog off a cliff.

I'm not justifying the action of this Marine. It's conduct unbecomming a Marine, and member of a civilized society, IMO, and if he was one of mine he'd need to set up a mailbox in the pot shack.

I'm merley pointing out that one should not allow the media one's viewpoints of military personnel for the actions of the morons that get more attention than they deserve. Most bust their asses doing a shitty job for shitty pay and don't deserve to be stereotyped as beign part of the 10% of maggots that slipped through the cracks.

In February, the Baltimore Sun wrote that there was "a significant increase in the number of recruits with what the Army terms 'serious criminal misconduct' in their background" -- a category that included "aggravated assault, robbery, vehicular manslaughter, receiving stolen property and making terrorist threats." From 2004 to 2005, the number of those recruits rose by more than 54 percent, while alcohol and illegal drug waivers, reversing a four-year decline, increased by more than 13 percent.

In June, the Chicago Sun-Times reported that, under pressure to fill the ranks, the Army had been allowing into its ranks increasing numbers of "recruits convicted of misdemeanor crimes, according to experts and military records." In fact, as the military's own data indicated, "the percentage of recruits entering the Army with waivers for misdemeanors and medical problems has more than doubled since 2001."

klhttp://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2006/10/01/ING42LCIGK1.DTL

The psychological changes resulting from military life are profound only to those who can't adapt to the lifestyle. There is no inherent, adverse affect in the military lifestyle.

The military does everything it can to weed out the deranged and psychotic, and some still slip through the cracks. While I might label someone cruel or sadist for what this Marine did, I'd have to say deranged and/or psychotic are sensationalizing it a bit.

Sadistic behavior is psychotic if you are the victim.

But inherently, the military is creating killers, not citizens. The basics of military life are regimented to secure order, but the ultimate job of military personnel is to train, kill, train others and lead.

To say that military life is not for everyone is an understatement. You want to soften the blow of my comments by labeling the behavior sadistic or cruel...but sadistic and cruel behavior is inherent in military training.

There are many military personnel who do not become cruel, sadistic or mean. However, there are many more who do. And that side effect is not something to take lightly.

Sounds like your cousin was a jerk before he joined the Marines. Contrary to popular belief, one is not brainwashed into an honorable, flag-serving model citizen by going through boot camp. Most people who are jerks when they go in remain jerks.

There is no "growing number of servicemen acting in such ways." The servicemembers who act in such ways have always been there roughly at the same percentage as they exist within our society. It has in fact been said more than a few times the military is a microcosm of out society.

The problem arises when that 10% (what the Marines labels its dirtbags) are represented by the media in disproportion, and their actions sensationalized. Look at the title of this thread. Says something about Marines blowing up dogs. The article says A Marine threw A dog off a cliff.

I'm not justifying the action of this Marine. It's conduct unbecomming a Marine, and member of a civilized society, IMO, and if he was one of mine he'd need to set up a mailbox in the pot shack.

I'm merley pointing out that one should not allow the media one's viewpoints of military personnel for the actions of the morons that get more attention than they deserve. Most bust their asses doing a shitty job for shitty pay and don't deserve to be stereotyped as beign part of the 10% of maggots that slipped through the cracks.
What is the precentage of Marines who are cruel, abusive, sadistic, or simply mean?

What is the precentage of Marines who are cruel, abusive, sadistic, or simply mean?

Probably a little less than in our general population since retards like that tend not to be able to control themselves and get caught early and kicked out.

As for your previous statement the military is not just about killing and no one is actually trained to kill. The Combat arms people are trained to react in a manner that would result in enemy deaths and to obey orders to attack or defend. Of Course Combat arms is about 1/6th of the military. the VAST majority of the military are NON combat professions.

Your ignorant tirades are just that IGNORANT.

You're right, the media does have alot to do with negative image of the military. You don't see the media report on the everyday servicemen and women who do conduct themselves professionally. It's the same reason people think the war is horrible over their. Granted, it's alot worse than my home town, but they report on all of the bad stuff, so that's all you see. Is it illegal for the military, once they identify these guys, to get rid of them? I understand that recruiting is down, so the military needs all they can get, but I'd rather have somebody who positively represents the United States. We're not the only ones seeing this soldier drop a dog off of a cliff. The entire world sees it and associates that with Americans.

To say that military life is not for everyone is an understatement. You want to soften the blow of my comments by labeling the behavior sadistic or cruel...but sadistic and cruel behavior is inherent in military training.

That's one way of looking at it, but it's not a complete picture. Some military personnel are indeed sadists, and I'd be kidding myself if I said otherwise. There's also the protective function of the military too, and begs the question of what would be done without the military.

I think the power structure and purpose for which the military is in iraq has a bigger impact on behaviour like this than merely being in the military. Milgram didn't suggest that simply being a german caused the nazi regime nor did Zimbardo postulate that working as a prison guard was the midigating factor in his experiment.

There is probably a callous reality that manipulates a "normal" range of behaviours in a warzone. Soldiers in Iraq are going to use a wide range of defense mechanisms in order to cope with environmental stress. We've seen it before. I will not blame the military as a whole or the job they are meant to perform for those videos but I WOULD investigate their origin and reign down like fire and brimstone on the individuals who have squandered resources, instigated regional hatred for the US military and behaving is a fashion that soils the reputation of the US military.

Often, all people have to go on are the extremes of behaviors reported in the news, and it ascribes a terrible reputation to the military. Fascists, sadists and monsters. It's unfair and (mostly) untrue.

I agree, MOSTLY untrue.

But the above videos are simply not acceptable. It doesn't take a rocketscience lovin' neurosurgeon to figure out how IEDs become a good idea to a local populace after some goat herder on the side of the road gets his flock blown to chunks by some asshole US soldier driving by. How would YOU have reacted to the same? Probably not growing love for the foreign occupying military force.

hehehe..

careful...

Those are gunfightin' words to some people in these here parts of the wild, wild net.

Forum List

Back