Solar Power Destroys Miles and Miles of Desert

lol,

a DESERT IS A FUCKING WASTE LAND. Most of the desert solar is built on isn't useable.

I've come to the conclusion that both parties in this country are full of people that are truly sick in the head.

I thought you enviro wackos want pristine and untouched lands? You open up public land for total and permanent destruction for your green agenda. Then kick those who want to drill for gas and oil off even though they reclaim the land after drilling and return it to it pristine state during production time of 30 + years allowing indigenous life to return and thrive..

Tell me, Why do the left wit morons allow total destruction of these lands for their cause while others who would act responsibly are driven away?

This do as I say not as I do shit makes me very angry!

Last edited:
lol,

a DESERT IS A FUCKING WASTE LAND. Most of the desert solar is built on isn't useable.

I've come to the conclusion that both parties in this country are full of people that are truly sick in the head.
Define "useable".

I wonder why EPA regulations are only applicable to Coal, NG, or Oil production but not to green energy crap?

Tell me, little Billy Boob, what emissions have you seen from a windmill or a solar installation? What water pollution have you seen from either? The EPA regulations are completely applicable to the renewables, but there is virtually no pollution from any of them.

lol,

I thought you enviro wackos want pristine and untouched lands? You open up public land for total and permanent destruction for your green agenda. Then kick those who want to drill for gas and oil off even though they reclaim the land after drilling and return it to it pristine state during production time of 30 + years allowing indigenous life to return and thrive..

Tell me, Why do the left wit morons allow total destruction of these lands for their cause while others who would act responsibly are driven away?

Well, if you get really angry, remind your mother to change your diaper.

You and idiots like you, are one funny footnote to the new paradigm of clean energy in this nation.

lol,

you've never spent time in the desert have you?

Deserts are full of life and are extremely fragile ecosystems.

Uglifying our wild empty spaces is NOT the way to go we should be preserving them not destroying them

lol,

Uglifying our wild empty spaces is NOT the way to go we should be preserving them not destroying them
Then we must stop all extraction or production of modern conveniences...

lol,

cover your own back yard in solar panels.

There in no need to uglify our natural wild spaces when we have millions of acres of south and southwest facing roof tops on which to install solar panels.

It's more practical and will cost less as the infrastructure is already in place

But idiots like you want to most expensive government boondoggles in order to call it progress

lol,

Every single acre of land on earth has a purpose for being there.

Mojave Desert Biome

When you destroy it, it has direct impacts on other biomes near and far.

lol,

Mojave Desert Biome

Agreed, the desert is a frail ecosystem, with a low biomass.
Now my point is why is this an issue and not the explosive growth of las Vegas or the thousands of miles of irrigated desert land or the water intensive and polluting practice of fracking ?

Though this destroys a patch of desert it doesn't have a spill over efect in the surrounding areas, as oposed to fracking, or mining.

Solar increases strip mining and kill fish, that is a fact. Unless Solar Panels grow on trees, which they do not.

The world's largest solar plant uses how much silica, cadium, aluminum, concrete, road base.

Funny, the world's largest solar plant we are told uses no raw materials to build.
And life can still live under the solar panels. Can you say the same about a coal mine or a city like Las Vegas???
Nothing lives under solar, yet people, cats, dogs, and birds live in Vegas. Why must the most outrageous, blatant lies be told to sell us on Solar.

And what else is the reality that the solar is mostly off the ground. It isn't destroy shit..Unlike what oldrocks just posted.

Are you dense?

They clear the ground beneath the panels and that destroys the entire system. Plants. birds, animals all lose the places they live.

lol,

There in no need to uglify our natural wild spaces when we have millions of acres of south and southwest facing roof tops on which to install solar panels.

It's more practical and will cost less as the infrastructure is already in place

But idiots like you want to most expensive government boondoggles in order to call it progress
I want it all the forms of energy, but don't let that stop you from ass-uming you know what I want....

lol,

Mojave Desert Biome

So your now and environmentalist?

Solar increases strip mining and kill fish, that is a fact. Unless Solar Panels grow on trees, which they do not.

The world's largest solar plant uses how much silica, cadium, aluminum, concrete, road base.

Funny, the world's largest solar plant we are told uses no raw materials to build.

I don't really agree. In order to have significant increase ( 10% ) in USA's silicon production a solar plant with an area of two square miles would have to be created every single year. Such a plant would yield about 0.8 Gw of energy.

List of countries by silicon production - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

lol,

Well, if you get really angry, remind your mother to change your diaper.

You and idiots like you, are one funny footnote to the new paradigm of clean energy in this nation.

Ah... Another enlightening rant from a fool... Idiots like you need to stop using computers, medical equipment, medicine , electricity and lead by example showing us how you cease to emit CO2..

or

I don't really agree. In order to have significant increase ( 10% ) in USA's silicon production a solar plant with an area of two square miles would have to be created every single year. Such a plant would yield about 0.8 Gw of energy.

List of countries by silicon production - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
It is not just silica, it is also aggregate for the building of roads, for the base in which the Solar Panels will be mounted, for the entire project. I imagine developing a 2 sq. mile area for Solar will have a significant increase on the local gravel pits. At least that is what I found out investigating the California Valley Solar Ranch. They literally doubled the size of a local Quarry. Square miles of land increases the consumption of many materials, road aggregate is one such commodity in which seems to be forgotten about.

Currently, there are no 2 sq. mile solar plants that have an output of 800 mwh (0.8 gwh).

lol,

I want it all the forms of energy, but don't let that stop you from ass-uming you know what I want....
Solar is a Luxury, extremely expensive.

Do you really want a 20 year loan to pay for electricity?

Further, the increase is Consumption which Solar is responsible for, uses our natural resources faster, Solar does not conserve.

Solar is a Luxury, extremely expensive.

Do you really want a 20 year loan to pay for electricity?

Further, the increase is Consumption which Solar is responsible for, uses our natural resources faster, Solar does not conserve.

It is still expensive. But it depends a lot on the region. US southern states are sunny most of the year. It's an ideal zone for solar or solar thermal.

If we compare three current projects Jinping-1 Dam and Ivanpah Solar thermal and Topaz plant we get the following costs per watt:
Ivanpah : 2.2 billion cost , 377 mw . Cost per watt : 5.83
Jinping 1: 8 billion cost , 2600 mw. Cost per watt : 3.07
Topaz : 2.4 billion cost , 550 mw. Cost per watt: 4.3

Ther isn't a lot of difference. Topaz's cost is about 40% above the jinping dam.
Note : solar thermal is more expensive , but can generate electricity 24/ 7. Also , I didn't include gas nuclear or coal plants , because they have high operating expenses and then I would have to calculate the levelized cost.
Hmm , seems a panel in the roof + batteries costs about 4$ per watt.

Sieren s China Beijing building world s largest dam World DW.DE 04.09.2014
Ivanpah Solar Power Facility - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Topaz Solar Farm - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
World s largest solar farm is up and running in California

Last edited:

Forum List

Back