Soft boiled egg?

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
When my grandmother would visit from the motherland she took over feeding us kids and getting us off to school. When she was there we never ate from the school cafeteria. So during breakfast she would make hard boiled eggs. One went in out lunch, and one was for breakfast. The breakfast egg was not all the way hard boiled though. The white part was, but the yolk was not hard boiled. You just lopped the top off it and dug in with a spoon. How did she make those eggs? How long do you cook them to get mostly hard boiled eggs?

Poached eggs. Boil them for a few minutes or so...until the white is solid when you touch it with a fork. Hard boiled is 10 minutes. Soft boiled is 3 minutes..I think. I have an egg poacher, but you can do it in a coffee cup full of water in the microwave. Google HOW TO POACH AND EGG and it will give you different methods. :)

When my grandmother would visit from the motherland she took over feeding us kids and getting us off to school. When she was there we never ate from the school cafeteria. So during breakfast she would make hard boiled eggs. One went in out lunch, and one was for breakfast. The breakfast egg was not all the way hard boiled though. The white part was, but the yolk was not hard boiled. You just lopped the top off it and dug in with a spoon. How did she make those eggs? How long do you cook them to get mostly hard boiled eggs?

How to Make Soft-Boiled Eggs

Egg in a Hole Recipe

The 2nd is something my mom used to make me as a kid. I loved it. A runny egg built into a slice of bread.

How to Microwave Poached Eggs

Vid in link

But if you want to carry the egg around and eat it for lunch..I recommend boiling it about 5 minutes then cool it down quickly to stop it from becoming a hard boiled egg even out of the water (it will continue to cook in the hot shell). Semi soft on the inside but not runny, solid whites.

How to Make Soft-Boiled Eggs

Egg in a Hole Recipe

The 2nd is something my mom used to make me as a kid. I loved it. A runny egg built into a slice of bread.
I still do it..but I fry my egg in a smidge of butter, over medium, then flop the bread in the pan and brown both sides with the left over butter, then lay the egg on top.No hole. I want the whole thing, lol.

Being water to low boil, gently lower eggs in. Boil for 5 minutes and remove.

Easy stuff.

Dammit. Now y'all got me hungry for a soft boiled egg over an english muffin...all squishy and yummy. :1peleas:

Dammit. Now y'all got me hungry for a soft boiled egg over an english muffin...all squishy and yummy. :1peleas:

I know! I love soft boiled eggs, and eggs over easy too. I went to IHop for breakfast the other day because I had a gift card I got for Christmas. I was a little overwhelmed with the menu. I am just a simple girl who just wants bacon, eggs, homefries and toast. :D

They have 4 different kinds of syrup sitting on the table. Lol.

and if your not sure that its cooked enough, just try spinning it on one end. If you cant do it then its too liquidy inside.

Poached eggs. Boil them for a few minutes or so...until the white is solid when you touch it with a fork. Hard boiled is 10 minutes. Soft boiled is 3 minutes..I think. I have an egg poacher, but you can do it in a coffee cup full of water in the microwave. Google HOW TO POACH AND EGG and it
will give you different methods. :)

An egg broken and cooked in boiling water is poached. An egg still in the shell with a liquid yolk is a soft boiled egg. Just don't cook them as long as hard boiled eggs.

Perfect Soft Boiled Eggs - Step by Step Photos and VIDEO - Budget Bytes

I just use one of these.

iu

Put it in with the eggs while boiling and it changes color as it moves up the increments. That short line between soft and medium is probably what you're looking for.

course everybody knows the simple trick to know if the eggs are bad inside?

Forum List

Back