Socom 3

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
Anyone here play Socom 2? Despite its online flaws with connectivity, its one of the easiest and most addictive games to play. Yet it can be so much more in depth if you get a good clan war going. Strategy and team work go hand and hand just like real soldiers to completing an objective.

Socom 3 comes out Oct 11th. Its taking everything to whole other level. There will be huge battles compared to the 8v8 of the current game. It will be up to 16v16. There will also be vehicles. The biggest part i think though will be the ability to customize your gun. In most games your stuck with the stock gun they give you. Now you can add sights, reduce the weight, add a grenade launcher, etc. The weight itself effects your movement in game.

Its gonna be awesome.

insein said:
Anyone here play Socom 2? Despite its online flaws with connectivity, its one of the easiest and most addictive games to play. Yet it can be so much more in depth if you get a good clan war going. Strategy and team work go hand and hand just like real soldiers to completing an objective.

Socom 3 comes out Oct 11th. Its taking everything to whole other level. There will be huge battles compared to the 8v8 of the current game. It will be up to 16v16. There will also be vehicles. The biggest part i think though will be the ability to customize your gun. In most games your stuck with the stock gun they give you. Now you can add sights, reduce the weight, add a grenade launcher, etc. The weight itself effects your movement in game.

Its gonna be awesome.
I'm a SOCOM nut.
Can't wait for three to come out. I'm glad they didn't push it to PS3.

Yeah me and a buddy of mine used to have "Socom nights" where we'd plug into my hub and play for about 12 hours perhaps one weekend a month. Good fun. Once high school started I seemed to run out of time what with wrestling practice nearly every saturday morning :mad:

I hope that Socom 3 will bring us back to our old ways, good fun. I dont necessarily like consol games much, I feel much more at home with a keyboard and mouse, but what can you do.

Since we're talking PS2 online, I was wondering what all I would need to do in order to get myself online. I've got the high-speed internet and a router, so do I just plug the PS2 into the router and that's it? Or do I have to buy extra stuff?

Dan said:
Since we're talking PS2 online, I was wondering what all I would need to do in order to get myself online. I've got the high-speed internet and a router, so do I just plug the PS2 into the router and that's it? Or do I have to buy extra stuff?

You have to buy a thing that goes on the back of the ps2 that you plug your ethernet cord into. It's called a network adapter and it's about 40 bucks at amazon. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, you can probly buy them at any gaming store, and can save on shipping.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000051QDD/104-5766211-9595125?v=glance[/ame]

Well, this week's Best Buy flyer has a PS2 network adapter for $15. I'd just need that and an ethernet cable, right?

Another question I had, I'm using a router that's already hooked up to 2 computers. Would I be able to just plug this thing straight into the router?

Dan said:
Well, this week's Best Buy flyer has a PS2 network adapter for $15. I'd just need that and an ethernet cable, right?

Another question I had, I'm using a router that's already hooked up to 2 computers. Would I be able to just plug this thing straight into the router?

Provided that you have broadbad, thats all you'll need. I have a router plugged into a router and thats what I plug my ps2 into.

I just got done playing Socom 3, bought it about three hours ago with the money I got from work. I played one game single player then went straight into online, lol.

By the Way, I am: Jarhead18 for my account, add me to your friends if you'd like.

got the game today and its a lot of fun. way better then socom 2. you can add/subtract supressors,grenada launchers,laser scopes,varying zoom scopes etc etc. driving around with the humvee is fun. why shoot the enemy when you can just run them over :D i've played through the first few missions and their real good. this time around they have in game save points spoiler alert!! stop reading now if you don't want a mission preview

and you get to follow around on foot in one mission a bradley fighting vehicle. you use is as cover if you want. think the last part of black hawk down where they use the personal carrier as cover but you run into something other then people with it. you'll just have to wait and see! so far so good with the game. as far as online play i can't tell ya i'm not online. as for voice commands even though i have the head set that came with socom 1 i have yet to use it so i can't tell you if its reponsive or not

some of the missions are "ripped from the headlines" as they say on tv. overall the graphics are good the ai is way better the enemies don't just stand their when they get shot. they'll hobble around,go in another postion ie prone, take cover behind walls,shot around coners i had this one guy shooting at me when he was behind a low wall holding just his rifle over the wall firing at me! a much better up grade from the previous two.

I recently played all three games again and I must say that
I favor the second one best. Three seemed a little short after
a second glance. I would even put the original at a close second.

Don't get me wrong, I love all three games but it seemed that the second game had more substance. The levels were certainly harder.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I recently played all three games again and I must say that
I favor the second one best. Three seemed a little short after
a second glance. I would even put the original at a close second.

Don't get me wrong, I love all three games but it seemed that the second game had more substance. The levels were certainly harder.

Socom 3 = waste of $50.

I spent $50 on this game and have played it a total of 10 times. The rest ive been disconnected or just never connected in the first place. I never had that problem with Socom 2. I get so frustrated with console games that dont work right. Ive barely touched my Ps2 in 6 months because of it.

insein said:
Socom 3 = waste of $50.

I spent $50 on this game and have played it a total of 10 times. The rest ive been disconnected or just never connected in the first place. I never had that problem with Socom 2. I get so frustrated with console games that dont work right. Ive barely touched my Ps2 in 6 months because of it.

I hear ya man. After Socoms 1 and 2, 3 just wasnt anything special. The graphics, after being used to PC graphics, suck.

Forum List

Back