Socom 3

Discussion in 'Computers' started by insein, Sep 22, 2005.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Anyone here play Socom 2? Despite its online flaws with connectivity, its one of the easiest and most addictive games to play. Yet it can be so much more in depth if you get a good clan war going. Strategy and team work go hand and hand just like real soldiers to completing an objective.

Socom 3 comes out Oct 11th. Its taking everything to whole other level. There will be huge battles compared to the 8v8 of the current game. It will be up to 16v16. There will also be vehicles. The biggest part i think though will be the ability to customize your gun. In most games your stuck with the stock gun they give you. Now you can add sights, reduce the weight, add a grenade launcher, etc. The weight itself effects your movement in game.

Its gonna be awesome.

2. JOKER96BRAVO

JOKER96BRAVO Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +285
    I'm a SOCOM nut.
    Can't wait for three to come out. I'm glad they didn't push it to PS3.

3. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    same here. Let me know your screen name on 3 when you get it. Im stopping 2 for a bit so i get psyched up for 3 in a few weeks.

4. JOKER96BRAVO

JOKER96BRAVO Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +285
    roger that

5. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Yeah me and a buddy of mine used to have "Socom nights" where we'd plug into my hub and play for about 12 hours perhaps one weekend a month. Good fun. Once high school started I seemed to run out of time what with wrestling practice nearly every saturday morning :mad:

I hope that Socom 3 will bring us back to our old ways, good fun. I dont necessarily like consol games much, I feel much more at home with a keyboard and mouse, but what can you do.

6. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Since we're talking PS2 online, I was wondering what all I would need to do in order to get myself online. I've got the high-speed internet and a router, so do I just plug the PS2 into the router and that's it? Or do I have to buy extra stuff?

7. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    You have to buy a thing that goes on the back of the ps2 that you plug your ethernet cord into. It's called a network adapter and it's about 40 bucks at amazon. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, you can probly buy them at any gaming store, and can save on shipping.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000051QDD/104-5766211-9595125?v=glance[/ame]

8. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Ah, OK, that means I ain't gonna be getting online with the PS2 anytime soon!

9. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    yea but at least you dont have to pay an annual fee to play a game on PS2's setup. Buy the adapter and be done with it.

10. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Well, this week's Best Buy flyer has a PS2 network adapter for $15. I'd just need that and an ethernet cable, right?

Another question I had, I'm using a router that's already hooked up to 2 computers. Would I be able to just plug this thing straight into the router?