Socialized healthcare Good or Bad, you decide

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Itsmethatguy, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Itsmethatguy

Itsmethatguy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
  2. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,538
  3. tigerbob

tigerbob Increasingly jaded.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
  4. Itsmethatguy

Itsmethatguy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    no mistakes. why is it the followers of the obama religion cant see the trouble this will cause? its great everyone will have access, but the man is right, long wait times, no real help, and months of waiting. honestly why cant you see this.

5. tigerbob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    You really need to start reading what people write, not what you suppose they mean.

My comment about your first post having 2 mistakes was because (1) the video doesn't "say it all" and (2), if you think it does then you're not really thinking.

The video doesn't discuss any of the benefits of socialized healthcare, which are numerous. It focuses only on the drawbacks, which are also numerous. As it addresses one issue and not the other it doesn't "say it all", QED.

Your more recent post makes yet further mistakes, specifically:

Ah, yes, the old "You disagree with me so you must be a democrat / republican" fallacy. You are assuming I support Obama. I don't.

You say "the man is right". In many cases, I agree, he is right. My disagreement was not with him (though I think his report is shamefully one sided). My disagreement was with you in saying that his report "says it all". It doesn't.

I can see it. And as someone who has spent the majority of their life living in a country with socialized medicine I can quite possibly see it as well or better than you. I've not only seen it, I've experienced it, many many times.

You really need to stop thinking that if someone expresses disagreement with your opinion that you know anything about them other than what they've said.

Honestly, why can't you see this?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  6. Itsmethatguy

Itsmethatguy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    well thanks for that but my uncle is from canada, and he was the one that showed me this video. he says this video could not be more accurate. before he was able to make a decent living he had to live through the socialzed health system. im not disagreeing with you on the fact that it seems to be one sided, but the point was made. i do also agree with you it does have benefits, i mean some health care is better than none, but the taxes part is dead on. also it WILL cause the hospitals and private practices to charge more due to loss of patients. i dont blame obama for wanting to change the health care system, but there are so many different ways of doing it. i apologize earlier for assuming you were a obama follower wether you are or you arent. your right that is not a way to debate. now obviously i DO NOT know from first hand experience, but i am told by someone who has experienced it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. tigerbob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    I would imagine the video is accurate in many ways. I have waited 4+ hours on numerous occasions in the ER. And the point about not getting sick on a Sunday is fair - fewer doctors and nurses and lots more sports injuries on a Sunday.

My experience was with 30 years of the NHS in Britain. I don't doubt the sincerity and commitment of the doctors and nurses, but the amount of red tape and mismanagement is what drags it all down into the gutter. Plus of course the political correctness and the arbitrary target setting by political masters who are desperate to prove that they're making a difference (which, or course, they're not).

8. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Well it looks like people are hating on your video saying its deceptive.

Lets look at 20/20's opinion [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=refrYKq9tZQ&feature=channel]YouTube - John Stossel - Sick in America - Part 3 (of 6)[/ame]

Or how about how govt run products turn out? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzhiG0dcwN8&feature=channel]YouTube - John Stossel - Sick in America - Part 4 (of 6)[/ame]

Everyone knows that if you are low income in america you can go to the emergency room and get free care that will be kicked back to the govt for payment already. We have medicare/cade that many low income people fall under but dont sign up for.

WE also know our system has issues that need to be fixed, its far from perfect, but our system is also where people from around the world come to when there is a serious illness and they can afford it....why is that?

I heard cuba had a good system though, better than ours at least [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x6yHrRq774]YouTube - Stossel Cuba Healthcare[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. Itsmethatguy

Itsmethatguy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    How dare you sir, how dare you put up a video that goes against what the great and awesome micheal moore says. lol my god people still care about what he has to say? everyone should know he alters the truth to prove his point. anyway those videos hit right on the head of the nail.

10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,176
    65% of bankruptcies are due to healthcare bills

And most of those people were insured.

Researchers from Harvard Law School, Harvard Medical School, and Ohio University reported 60 percent of personal bankruptcies in the United States involved medical bills, an increase of 50 percent over the past six years. Furthermore, seventy-five percent of those bankruptcies were claimed despite having health insurance, intended to cover medical expenses and prevent unaffordable bills.

Majority of Bankruptcies Due to Medical Bills - Consumerism Commentary, personal finance since 2003

The Government will just be the middle man. They already do this for Senators and Seniors. It will be subsodized at first but then will be fully funded by the people. And this will take healthcare off the corporations plates. And no more CEO bonus' for denying us healthcare. And we already have shortages.

Yesterday a right wing talker tried to say we won't get the best drugs if we socialize medicine. Soo funny they say that when today they're already denying us the name brand drugs and giving us generic.