Obama Health Care Plan Will Provide Taxpayer-Funded Abortion on Demand

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Wednesday, July 15, 2009

(CNSNews.com) - Democrats in both the House and the Senate want abortion be included as a health benefit in both government and private insurance plans, leading to millions more abortions, a Republican lawmaker warned.

Taxpayer money would be used to pay for abortions in the government-run health care option.

But congressional Republicans, strongly opposed to an abortion requirement in health care reform, are pushing for a ban on using taxpayer money to pay for such procedures.

On Tuesday, pro-life members of Congress said the plan’s approach to abortion is essentially the same as the Freedom of Choice Act, which would strip states’ right to limit abortion, establish abortion on demand across the country and allow federal funds to pay for the procedure.

“It’s really trying to pass the Freedom of Choice Act through this legislation and wipe out all state law -- state law that abides by the Constitution, abides by everything that was said by the Supreme Court under Roe v. Wade,” Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) said Tuesday at a Capitol Hill press conference.

“Despite the fact that large majorities of Americans don’t want to fund abortion, the Obama-Kennedy-Dingle bill will nevertheless force every taxpayer and every premium payer in the United States to pay for and facilitate every abortion in the country,” Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.) said.

“Despite President Obama’s statement to the pope just last week that he wants to reduce abortion, the ugly truth is that the so-called health care reform bill, if enacted and if not amended, will lead to millions of additional dead children and wounded mothers,” Smith said.

http://cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=51029

This whole healthcare plan is the sole reason I am pushing hard for the passge in our state of the healthcare choice act..

PHOENIX, Arizona (June 22, 2009) — The Arizona Legislature today passed a bill that refers the Health Care Freedom Act (H.C.R. 2014) to the November 2010 ballot.

The Health Care Freedom Act will ensure Arizona residents may pay directly for any legal health services and choose not to participate in a government or privately run health care system.

“Protecting the rights of individuals to be in control of their health and health care must be a fundamental component of health care reform, so the Arizona legislature is to be congratulated for giving all Arizonans the opportunity to make certain our voices are heard,” said Dr. Eric Novack, Chairman, Arizonans for Health Care Freedom.

The bill, sponsored by Rep. Nancy Barto, will be placed on the ballot as a referendum.

The Healthcare Freedom Bill provides for two fundamental rights:

The right to spend your own money to seek out and receive health care services that are otherwise legal.
The right to choose NOT to participate in any health care system, of any type.

The basic aim is straightforward: while nearly everyone agrees that some changes are necessary in our health care system in the United States, supporters of the bill believe very strongly that the rights of individuals to make their own health care decisions must be protected. In other words, individual freedom should be the starting point from which health care reform should be considered.
Arizona Legislature Passes Important Bill To Protect | Arizona Healthcare Freedom Act

I do believe it's time that people who DO NOT support these sorts of things start to mount some constitutional challenges on them. This healthcare reform, tramples on states rights not to mention the fact that the Federal Govt. HAS ZERO authority under the constitution to establish a health insurance company for every citizen.

This is indeed not a great news and should not be included in health benefits of insurance services. This will lead to millions of abortion and should never be supported. Personally, I feel lawmakers should see the impact behind before taking any such decision!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

(CNSNews.com) - Democrats in both the House and the Senate want abortion be included as a health benefit in both government and private insurance plans, leading to millions more abortions, a Republican lawmaker warned.

Taxpayer money would be used to pay for abortions in the government-run health care option.

But congressional Republicans, strongly opposed to an abortion requirement in health care reform, are pushing for a ban on using taxpayer money to pay for such procedures.

On Tuesday, pro-life members of Congress said the plan’s approach to abortion is essentially the same as the Freedom of Choice Act, which would strip states’ right to limit abortion, establish abortion on demand across the country and allow federal funds to pay for the procedure.

“It’s really trying to pass the Freedom of Choice Act through this legislation and wipe out all state law -- state law that abides by the Constitution, abides by everything that was said by the Supreme Court under Roe v. Wade,” Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) said Tuesday at a Capitol Hill press conference.

“Despite the fact that large majorities of Americans don’t want to fund abortion, the Obama-Kennedy-Dingle bill will nevertheless force every taxpayer and every premium payer in the United States to pay for and facilitate every abortion in the country,” Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.) said.

“Despite President Obama’s statement to the pope just last week that he wants to reduce abortion, the ugly truth is that the so-called health care reform bill, if enacted and if not amended, will lead to millions of additional dead children and wounded mothers,” Smith said.

So?

I don't like the ease in which abortions can be obtained in this country and I especially don't want to pay for any or have our government pay for abortions on demand. That's my personal opinion of abortion BUT with that said, I don't believe that the government or anybody else has any business telling women what they can and cannot do with their bodies - the same way as with men. I do, however; find it offensive for our government to be paying for abortions. It's not what I would like to see our tax dollars spent on.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

So?

First....abortion is a whole separate issue from ordinary health care....this is a dirty leftie approach to institutionalizing it on a national level...

Second....the majority of Americans are against abortion....

US abortion views shift, majority are 'pro-life'
May 15, 2009

WASHINGTON (AFP) — US opinion on abortion has shifted with, for the first time in nearly 15 years, a narrow 51-percent majority identifying themselves as "pro-life," according to a new Gallup poll published Friday.

The "pro-life," anti-abortion opinion has risen from 44 percent a year ago, while the number of Americans who described themselves as "pro-choice" fell from 50 percent a year ago to 42 percent now.

google.com

oh my god...the boogie man is bringing free abortions.

Give me a break... This is yet another scare tatic to further seperate us citizens from agreeing on anything.

I don't trust CNSNews.com anymore then I would trust Huffington Post.

Give me a break... This is yet another scare tatic to further seperate us citizens from agreeing on anything.

heehee.....you said it....Obama the boogie man......:ack-1:

you may not trust the news....but trust this....leftists are anti-life....and other than a cog in the wheel to them yours means essentially nil-squat-nada....

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What a bunch of misleading crap. God you people are such pathetic sufferers of gullible-itis, it's unfuckingreal.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What a bunch of misleading crap. God you people are such pathetic sufferers of gullible-itis, it's unfuckingreal.

What part of the crap is misleading you?

you may not trust the news....but trust this....leftists are anti-life....and other than a cog in the wheel to them yours means essentially nil-squat-nada....

That reply belays your true partisan freakianship ...

You really don't know any true leftists ... :eusa_whistle:

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Try the opening salvo. Show me quoted material from any Democrat, asshole, not from some right-wing internet rag's interpretation.

Try the opening salvo. Show me quoted material from any Democrat, asshole, not from some right-wing internet rag's interpretation.

I see....those Democrats are misleading you.....that I can believe....if they don't talk about it openly that means it's not in the plans?....or do you really think they are planning to have a separate health care plan for abortion....? :rolleyes:

....sponsors of the Freedom of Choice Act include Senators Barbara Boxer, Jon Corzine, Patty Murray, Frank Lautenberg, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Maria Cantwell, Jim Jeffords, Joseph Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Paul Sarbanes, and Barbara Mikulski...

Wikipedia

PS: in the article it says "On June 25, 19 Democrats, 11 of whom are Catholic, sent a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) saying they will not vote for the health care plan unless it explicitly excludes abortion funding."

...tell me why would some Democrats write a letter about something that is not happening......???

Last edited:

That reply belays your true partisan freakianship ...

You really don't know any true leftists ... :eusa_whistle:

au contraire.....getting to know Barack Hussein Obama pretty well....

I don't like the ease in which abortions can be obtained in this country and I especially don't want to pay for any or have our government pay for abortions on demand. That's my personal opinion of abortion BUT with that said, I don't believe that the government or anybody else has any business telling women what they can and cannot do with their bodies - the same way as with men. I do, however; find it offensive for our government to be paying for abortions. It's not what I would like to see our tax dollars spent on.

SOOOO glad someone made a point of getting that "their body, their choice" talking point in there. Because God forbid we discuss anything even peripherally related to abortion without SOMEONE chiming in and reminding us that the only "nice" choice is to support abortion. :eusa_hand:

That being said, if it's "their bodies, their choice", it should also be "their money".

Why not? Because they dare to report news that leftists don't want people to know? Can you cite us one time that CNSNews.com has done ANYTHING to bring their credibility into question?

SOOOO glad someone made a point of getting that "their body, their choice" talking point in there. Because God forbid we discuss anything even peripherally related to abortion without SOMEONE chiming in and reminding us that the only "nice" choice is to support abortion. :eusa_hand:

That being said, if it's "their bodies, their choice", it should also be "their money".

Well said....however I'd like to add.....the liberal "their body, their choice" argument is nothing more than a stupid selfish self-centered argument....it's not their freakin' body....it's the baby's body we are talking about....

Forum List

Back