Why do conservatives advocate bureaucrats being between you & a doctor?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Why do conservatives advocate bureaucrats being between you & a doctor?

Why do they demand profit driven bureaucrats being between you & a doctor? I mean how do these bureaucrats make a profit?

This week on the JOURNAL, Bill Moyers spoke with Wendell Potter, a former health insurance executive who left the industry to become an advocate for health care reform. Potter discussed the industry’s history of denying care to members and its extensive efforts to prevent the federal government from creating a “public option” for health insurance to compete with private plans. Potter said:

Bill Moyers Journal: Assessing a "Public Option" for Health Care

CBS News has learned a former executive for a major health insurance company, Cigna, will speak out for the first time before Congress tomorrow on practices that he is expected to characterize as deceptive by the health insurance industry.

Wendell Potter, the former Vice President of Communications for Cigna Insurance Company in Philadelphia is scheduled to testify at 2:30 pm before the Senate Commerce Committee. He is expected to describe how the health insurance industry purposefully uses "confusing language" for consumers as part of its business strategy. He worked in the health insurance industry for 20 years for both Cigna and Humana health insurance companies.

they make a profit by denying procedures and extended stays in the hospital. they are a middle man...the top pays them to screw the bottom...and on it goes

I think that you have totally missed the point. We can all agree that the health industry absolutely needs an overhaul and needs to be reformed. The way to do this is through the legislature by passing laws and regulalting the health care insurance companies. They do screw individuals and it's time that stopped,

But if you think that you are being screwed now, you just wait until we have a nationalized system, which will ration care and tax you out of your mind.

Have you ever dealt with the IRS, now that's what I call a beaurocrat and believe me you don't want that person in between you and your doctor.

Can you name ONE thing that the government manages well?????Do you really want a government employee telling you what you need and what you don't need when it comes to you and your family's health????

I think that you have totally missed the point. We can all agree that the health industry absolutely needs an overhaul and needs to be reformed. The way to do this is through the legislature by passing laws and regulalting the health care insurance companies. They do screw individuals and it's time that stopped,

But if you think that you are being screwed now, you just wait until we have a nationalized system, which will ration care and tax you out of your mind.
you have no clue.

5 Capitalist Democracies: take a look at what Switzerland does...no insurnace companies at all. No middle man.

Why do we need a middle man? please explain...

waiting...

waiting...

waiting...

Have you ever dealt with the IRS, now that's what I call a beaurocrat and believe me you don't want that person in between you and your doctor.

Can you name ONE thing that the government manages well?????Do you really want a government employee telling you what you need and what you don't need when it comes to you and your family's health????

Stop the hysterical scare tactics. Being a liberal I do not respond well to fear mongering or hysteria.

Try acting like you have some balls or gonads. Try being an American

droooollllbabbledrivel
You have something to say to me, say it in public, cocksucker.

you should be very very careful about what you share from private messages and how you insert things in posts of others.

I don't mind but oithers here have had a battle over the scumball tactics of people like you.

now blow me you fuckin' idiot. :eusa_shhh:

That under this new plan that the congress is working on, that business will be forced to help pay for the insurance coverage on their employees or face an 8% fine. Guess what they pay more than 8% now on employee benefits and will drop coverage on the 150 million who have it through their employer, there goes your choice.

Small business, the economic engine of Americans will be fined WHICH WILL TRANSLATE INTO MILLIONS MORE BEING LAID OFF.

Also, if you think you are going to have a choice under Obama's plan it is written in the plan that if you are a new hire during the year this people's program comes out the company can not sign you on to their group plan. You will be forced to join the people's program. Therefore, THE END OF PRIVATE INSURANCE.

You think the government wants to compete with private carriers, that's a laugh, the government NEVER has to show a PROFIT, private industry does. The government loses money at every turn and yet just raises taxes in order to keep promoting a failed agenda i.e Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, ALL BANKRUPT. Now you want them to take over 1/6 of this economy and run that into the ground, you had better think again.

Investor Business Daily got a hold of this bill and broke it all down.

Is our flag a half moon and a sickle, I have to wonder sometimes. I think Obama is a communist dressed in American clothing.:lol:

Is our flag a half moon and a sickle, I have to wonder sometimes. I think Obama is a communist dressed in American clothing.:lol:
snussa.jpg

Why do conservatives advocate bureaucrats being between you & a doctor?...

It's the same as the government being between you and a doctor with universal healthcare. The only difference is the government will put all the competition out of business and then Americans will have only one provider. At least with our current system there is some competition.

It's the same as the government being between you and a doctor with universal healthcare. The only difference is the government will put all the competition out of business and then Americans will have only one provider. At least with our current system there is some competition.
Funny how the private companies spend about 31 cents out of ever dollar on administration. Medicare spends about 3 cents.
That's why the private companies can't compete ... they're bloated.

Dems are the ones who forced us into the situation we're in now, not conservatives.

We just don't want it to get any worse.

Yeah and that's also why medicare is BANKRUPT. Boy, I can hardly wait until I get my FREE healthcare, I may not have a job,a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes on my back or a car to drive, but I will have that FREE healthcare.

Do you really want a government employee telling you what you need and what you don't need when it comes to you and your family's health????

Do you want an insurance company employee telling you what you need and what you don't need when it comes to you and your family's health?

It is EXACTLY the same thing.

Funny how the private companies spend about 31 cents out of ever dollar on administration. Medicare spends about 3 cents.
That's why the private companies can't compete ... they're bloated.

Nice liberal spin. Here's the truth:

But like many core beliefs of the left, the claim that government-run health care has lower administrative costs than private care is just plain false. New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, for example, likes to cite data showing that Medicare only spends 3% of its total outlays on administrative costs compared to 14-22% for private care. The numbers themselves are correct, but measuring administrative efficiency by a percentage of total costs is completely useless. Heritage fellow Robert Book explains:

Imagine, for a moment, that Fred and Jane each have a credit card from a different bank. Fred charges $5,000 a month, and Jane charges $1,000 a month. Suppose it costs each bank $5 to produce and send a plastic credit card when the account is opened. That $5 “administrative cost” is a much lower percentage of Fred’s monthly charges than it is of Jane’s, but that does not mean Fred’s bank is more efficient. It is purely a mathematical artifact of Fred’s charging pattern, and it would be silly to compare the efficiency of bank operations on that basis. Yet that is how many analysts compare Medicare with private insurance.

A much more accurate way of capturing each system’s true administrative costs is by a per-patient basis. When this is done, government-run health care’s administrative costs are routinely higher than private care. In the years from 2000 to 2005, Medicare’s administrative costs per beneficiary were consistently higher than that for private insurance, ranging from 5 to 48 percent higher, depending on the year. This is despite the fact that private-sector “administrative” costs include state health insurance premium taxes of up to 4 percent (averaging around 2 percent, depending on the state)–an expense from which Medicare is exempt–as well as the cost of non-claim health care expenses, such as disease management and on-call nurse consultation services.

Morning Bell: The Truth About Medicare’s Administrative Costs » The Foundry

Do you really want a government employee telling you what you need and what you don't need when it comes to you and your family's health????

Do you want an insurance company employee telling you what you need and what you don't need when it comes to you and your family's health?

I want both a doctor AND and an insurance company "employee" taking care of my medical needs. Ever notice what the cost of a medical procedure is without insurance? Ever notice how some doctors perform unnecessary tests, increase the number of doctor's visits, etc., so they can make more money? I would never put my health needs soley in the hands of a doctor.

I've had clinic bureaucrats come between me and treatment because, even though I flashed a pocketful of $100.00 bills in their faces, I had no insurance.

Now, that's fucked up.

Forum List

Back