Soccer???????????????????

Tottenham-2 Chelse-1 :eusa_wall:
(I can imagine the smirk on Tigerbob's face after this one!)

I'll be lying low for a while after this result. Though Chelsea played superbly our defence was shocking. I did enjoy Drogba's beautiful free kick though. Best striker we have in the Premiership!

Anyways , we still have Europe to play for!

This thread on soccer has more views than all the TV-broadcasted soccer games in United States put together.

This thread on soccer has more views than all the TV-broadcasted soccer games in United States put together.

I beg to differ. Fox Sports telecasts Scottish League , Mexican , MLS and premiership matches. There are lots of soccer fans in the U.S but compared to Basketball , Baseball and NFL soccer pales in comparison. That is obviously because soccer is a game which requires skill and technique unlike the barbaric sport of "American Football". Also , the MLS is an untapped market for big brands. But since Becks and his wife moved to California , LA Galaxy games started getting a whole lotta coverage!

That's because we know what we're talking about. Wanna boost the ratings? Let me be the anchor on MLS broadcasts, Toro will handle the play by play, and Akiboy will do the color analysis. I guarantee you, 30 million viewers per game.

Mind you, I'd be like Howard Stern.

"Who's that guy with the ball?"
"Who gives a crap, check out the chick in the DC bikini top"
"Damn she's hot"

Actually, that sounds more like Beavis and Butthead, but you get my point I'm sure....

Tottenham-2 Chelse-1 :eusa_wall:
(I can imagine the smirk on Tigerbob's face after this one!)

I'll be lying low for a while after this result. Though Chelsea played superbly our defence was shocking. I did enjoy Drogba's beautiful free kick though. Best striker we have in the Premiership!

Anyways , we still have Europe to play for!

Smirk? Moi?

Nice goal by Babel against Bolton.

Elsewhere , Real Madrid beat Huelva 3-2 opening a 5 point lead over arch rivals Barca(who lost to Atletico 4-2!:clap2:)

This Wednesday is a big day for the Blues. CHELSEA VS OLYMPIAKOS at Stamford Bridge. Hope our African God scores a hat trick!:cool:

I beg to differ. Fox Sports telecasts Scottish League , Mexican , MLS and premiership matches. There are lots of soccer fans in the U.S but compared to Basketball , Baseball and NFL soccer pales in comparison. That is obviously because soccer is a game which requires skill and technique unlike the barbaric sport of "American Football". Also , the MLS is an untapped market for big brands. But since Becks and his wife moved to California , LA Galaxy games started getting a whole lotta coverage!

Jeez ease up akiboy - gridiron requires brains as well as brawn. No, I've never played it but I've been a goalkeeper in junior soccer, played junior and senior rugby union and junior and senior Australian Rules football. I've never played a sport that had the same mental requirements (in terms of learning and executing strategic plays) as gridiron.

Chelsea -3 Olympiakos-0 :clap2:

What a marvelous night for the Blues in the Bridge!

Man Utd got through..sad..

to correct you its not called soccer its called football, it is played by kicking a BALL with your FOOT, hence the name football, it has been around for a few hundread years and has always been called football.
American football should be called college ball, as it was invented by colleges for colleges and has found its popularity through colleges. And remember, You are the only country in the world that calls it soccer apart from austrailia, and that it is the national sport of all south america counrties, most euopean countries, many african and asisan, russia also love it. america is like the strange kid at school who likes to play on his own, strange boy.

American football is a fabulous sport. I love soccer, but soccer is a simple game. American football is highly complex.

american football is not a sport it is line dancing with pads on. and going to watch it is the most boring experience you will ever have to go through in your life.

There's controversy about how much soccer players - sorry, footballers - are paid. But that's true with every sport I guess.

to correct you its not called soccer its called football, it is played by kicking a BALL with your FOOT, hence the name football, it has been around for a few hundread years and has always been called football.
American football should be called college ball, as it was invented by colleges for colleges and has found its popularity through colleges. And remember, You are the only country in the world that calls it soccer apart from austrailia, and that it is the national sport of all south america counrties, most euopean countries, many african and asisan, russia also love it. america is like the strange kid at school who likes to play on his own, strange boy.

Would that make you the strange kid who sits on his own because nobody wants to play with someone who is so condescending?

Thanks for the etymology. It's the high point of the week.

Chelsea -3 Olympiakos-0 :clap2:

What a marvelous night for the Blues in the Bridge!

Man Utd got through..sad..

Inter 0, Liverpool 1. The scorer? El Nino! Liverpool through to the quarters 3-0 on aggregate.

Can't wait for the draw tomorrow. Another Chelski - Liverpool semi could be looming!

Inter 0, Liverpool 1. The scorer? El Nino! Liverpool through to the quarters 3-0 on aggregate.

Can't wait for the draw tomorrow. Another Chelski - Liverpool semi could be looming!

Congratulations..I must agree..Torres was fantastic in the game.

Are you sure the draw is tmrw?? Anyways , I wouldn't mind if we meet Lvpool again...Then lets see which team is playing football and which team isn't!

I hope Man Utd draw with Barca...

Congratulations..I must agree..Torres was fantastic in the game.

Are you sure the draw is tmrw?? Anyways , I wouldn't mind if we meet Lvpool again...Then lets see which team is playing football and which team isn't!

I hope Man Utd draw with Barca...

And the draw is....

Arsenal v Liverpool
Fenerbahce v Chelsea

Roma v Man U
Schalke v Barcelona

I suspect Liverpool / Arsenal is the toughest draw. The other 3 results I feel comfortable predicting now: Chelsea should beat Fenerbahce, Man U walloped Roma last year and will win again (though maybe not by the same margin), and Barca will be too tough for Schalke.

One Semi will clearly be Man U against Barca. Chelsea will play the winner of Arsenal / Liverpool. Seems a bit crazy that we play Arsenal in the premiership at the same time (so 3 Liverpool / Arsenal games in a week).

If Liverpool are to win it, the path conceivably leads through all 3 other English clubs. What could be tougher?

And the draw is....

Arsenal v Liverpool
Fenerbahce v Chelsea

Roma v Man U
Schalke v Barcelona

I suspect Liverpool / Arsenal is the toughest draw. The other 3 results I feel comfortable predicting now: Chelsea should beat Fenerbahce, Man U walloped Roma last year and will win again (though maybe not by the same margin), and Barca will be too tough for Schalke.

One Semi will clearly be Man U against Barca. Chelsea will play the winner of Arsenal / Liverpool. Seems a bit crazy that we play Arsenal in the premiership at the same time (so 3 Liverpool / Arsenal games in a week).

If Liverpool are to win it, the path conceivably leads through all 3 other English clubs. What could be tougher?

Hmmm..Lvpool vs Arsnl promises to be exciting and I expect lot of fireworks :)

But i think this is roma's year..they will beat man utd this season..Totti is on fire

Forum List

Back