So you want better paying jobs?

Jefferson was the father of the DEMOCRAT party... Jeffersonian Democracy... ring any bells?.
So then what party did Jefferson and Madison form in 1792???? Would you like to earn $10,000? Show us a primary source from 18th Century indicating Jefferson and Madison formed the Democrat Party and not the Republican Party! Bet??? You have a double major and all that!!

Well they formed the Democratic-Republican party in opposition to the Federalist party. We were founded as a Republic, that is what the Federalists were. Jefferson introduced Jeffersonian Democracy. This political party fizzled out in 1824 and eventually morphed into the Democratic party we all know and love today. Meanwhile, the opposition to Andrew Jackson (Jacksonian Democracy) in 1824 eventually became the foundation of the Republican party which formally began with Lincoln in 1861.

Does eating potatoes result in wages magically appearing?.
ok so we should not have invented the tractor because it doesn't make anyone more money!!! In fact it was a bad thing because it cost 98% of the human race jobs as farmers!! Your conceptual IQ is too low so learning is impossible for you. Sad.

I have an old Ford tractor sitting in my front yard... it has been there for 30 years... never has produced one single dime of money.

I never said we shouldn't have invented the tractor... where the fuck do you read this shit? Where did I say the invention of the tractor was a bad thing? Or that it cost 98% of the human race jobs... Are you smoking crack or something? It's just not there... I didn't say anything remotely close to the things you keep claiming.

No I don't and you are failing at explaining it. Again.

let's try kindergarten level for you: with no tools except his hands a man can grow, lets say, 100 lbs of potatoes a year and thus eat only 100 lbs of potatoes a year. With a tractor he can grow, let's say, 100,000 lbs a year and thus eat 100,000 lbs a year. Therefore, the farmers wages were higher thanks to the Republican invention of the tractor - right? Not so hard was it?

You don't even make rational sense... did that story make sense in your head? Does eating potatoes result in wages magically appearing? How could any person eat 100,000 lbs. of potatoes in a year? And what does any of this nonsense have to do with the invention of a tractor and how do you know the inventor was a Republican?

You're just rambling nonsense like Lindsey Graham. You don't know what the hell you're even trying to say. Instead of trying like a moron to "school" me, which you obviously can't, why don't you sit back and let me explain your analogy and how it works as well as how it applies to free market capitalism?

The invention of the tractor enabled more production through technology. Not everyone could afford to buy a tractor. Those who bought them may have laid off 100 workers who the tractor replaced. They had to pay money for the tractor and this had to come from their profits. Because some people were able to produce more potatoes and because there was a market demand for potatoes, the increased supply caused the price of potatoes to decline. As that happened, those who didn't or couldn't buy a tractor did not realize any increase in profits, to the contrary, they experienced a big loss. Eventually, they either had to buy a tractor to compete or they went under.

Once everyone who seriously grew potatoes owned a tractor and price equilibrium was established, the profit margins stabilized to the same rate as they were before the tractor. They may have made more profit but the margin was the same. You see, there are many costs involved in upkeep on the tractor, insurance, maintenance, fuel costs... all of this has to come from somewhere. Then what do you do if your tractor breaks down? So now you need TWO tractors so if one breaks you have a backup... or because you want to be more productive than your competition. You may have to purchase more land in order to grow more potatoes... the tractor isn't going to suddenly make more land appear.

And there is another thing the tractor can't do and that's find a buyer for all your potatoes. Back when you produced 100 lbs., Joe's General Store bought all you could produce... but Joe doesn't need or want 100,000 lbs. of potatoes... there's no market for that many. So now you can grow all these potatoes but it does you no good until you find someone to sell them to. The tractor isn't going to help you there.

notice how I can defeat you with 1% of the words you use? In court you usually win by asking yes or no questions. You use long stories to cover up your ignorance.

LMFAOoo.... Defeat me??? :dunno:

That must be some really good crack man! You're not even making enough coherent sense to have a rational conversation... much less "defeat" me. You just don't know what the fuck you're talking about and you keep getting more bizarre and out there with every post.

I have an old Ford tractor sitting in my front yard... it has been there for 30 years... never has produced one single dime of money.

and I'm sure no one on earth disputes that so why on earth are you telling us about your tractor???

Well they formed the Democratic-Republican party

If that was the name used, not Republican, in the 18th Century by Jefferson and Madison I'll pay you $10,000. Bet???????????????????????????

Again, they used the term "Republican" or "Republican party" to describe the Democratic-Republican party. But the Democratic-Republican party is what eventually became the Democratic party. The actual GOP Republican party evolved from the Federalists who were opposed to Jefferson and Madison.

Just because they used the word (before the GOP existed) doesn't mean they were actual Republicans OR... supply-side economists.

If you want to create a high paying job for yourself, start a business or pursue a profitable venture. Just do not think stupid or act stupid. If you have a persevering attitude, your chances of success will be 100%.

If that doesn't defy the misconception that you do not need governments to regulate opportunity, then what can I say that will?

and I'm sure no one on earth disputes that so why on earth are you telling us about your tractor???

Therefore, the farmers wages were higher thanks to the Republican invention of the tractor - right?

Do not recognize your own words? I'm trying to make a point to an obtuse moron... the goddamn tractor doesn't make ANY money. It's an inanimate object incapable of doing any damn thing. If the farmer's "wages" are higher, it's because of his own effort and work as a free market capitalist.

Inventions MAY or MAY NOT help the capitalist improve his profits. Back during the gold rush in 1849, there was a product being sold called "gold grease." Many prospectors (capitalists) purchased the "new technology" in hopes it would bring them an advantage over competition by increasing their productivity. What you did was, spread the gold grease all over your body from head to toe then roll down a hill... at the bottom, you just pick all the gold nuggets off which had stuck to you! Obviously, this was a scam and didn't work, but people bought it.

There are MANY examples like this. I have a friend who paid over $10k for a typesetting machine back in 1987... she thought it was a really good deal because it was over $50k when it was new. She figured on making it pay for itself through the years but guess what happened? The personal computer came out and rendered typesetting equipment obsolete. I know of a newspaper who spent over $100k buying all new analog camera equipment only to find it obsolete in less than 5 years... they never made their money back. This can happen with technology and innovation. It's not always some "republican miracle" that results in greater profit.

Historically, the minimum wage has been around $10 an hour in today's money. It is only since the country veered hard right around the turn of this century that we got off course.

As for some people having more of a knack with money than others, yes that is the case. However, few people who run businesses have such an aptitude (or any particular business sense, for that matter). It is extremely easy to spot the ones who are lacking, because they tend to rant about how they are victims of this or that regulation, which--applying equally to their competitors as themselves--cannot explain their failure to measure up.

Inventions MAY or MAY NOT help the capitalist improve his profits.

dear, without Republican inventions we'd all be back in the stone age living at substance on a planet that could support only a few million people. Please think before you post.

What you did was, spread the gold grease all over your body

dear stupid, the whole world agrees that there are many inventions that fail yet you are pointing it out like a child who has just discovered that 1+1=2? What do you suppose that leads us to think about your IQ??

. However, few people who run businesses have such an aptitude (or any particular business sense, for that matter).

dear stupid liberal, business is competitive so those with the least aptitude are driven into bankruptcy. Do you understand now?

Forum List

Back