So you call these freedom fighters?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Patriot, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Patriot

Patriot BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Posted: November 25, 2004
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

The mother of a Muslim who died as a terrorist "martyr" battling Israel celebrated her son's death on Lebanese TV, while other "martyr moms" hoped more of their children could be sacrificed for Allah's cause.

Interviewed on Al-Manar TV on "Martyr's Day," Umm Said spoke as a de facto representative of other mothers of martyrs.

"I cannot begin to explain what this day means to me, how great and significant it is for me and for all martyrs' mothers," Said stated. "I am talking about the martyrs' mothers and all mothers in Lebanon. Whatever I could say about them would not be enough, especially since they paid the price in blood, liberated southern Lebanon and brought us closer to victory. They granted us a great reward."

Continued Said: " I wish a good year to all the martyrs' mothers and our children, may Allah honor them. Allah be praised for having granted us our sons. Allah be praised."

The interview was translated and posted on the Internet by the Middle East Media Research Institute TV Monitor Project, or MEMRI TV.

Said explained she gets special respect from non-martyr mothers, saying, "I walk about with my head high."

Rather than cause sadness, Martyr's Day buoys the mother's spirits.

"I am very happy, especially on this occasion," Said stated, breaking down in tears. "This is a blessed day, the day my son gave me reason to hold my head high."

The clip also includes other statements from martyr moms:

"I am prepared to sacrifice my life. All I want is martyrdom. I'm willing for all my children to become martyrs. May my husband also become a martyr, and Allah willing, may I die as a martyr."

Another stated: "Compared to others, what I sacrificed is nothing. It's true I sacrificed a son, but others have sacrificed two or three. I hope more of my sons will become martyrs."

"Allah be praised," said another. "I thank Allah for all the good He has bestowed upon us. He has blessed us with martyrdom. Allah willing, we too will be martyred, just as they did."

http://www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=371#

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Yep, Peace in the Middle East is right around the corner. With that attitude, there will never be peace in the Middle East. All the Palestinians want to do is blow things up and kill people.

Q: What's the difference between freedom fighters and terrorists?

A: Freedom fighters don't target women and children.

3. dumphauler

dumphauler Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yep all those people we incinerate from on high in comfort have got mom's and pop's- And boy are they pissed.

4. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Is it something in the water down there or what? Seriously.

"I am prepared to sacrifice my life. All I want is martyrdom. I'm willing for all my children to become martyrs. May my husband also become a martyr, and Allah willing, may I die as a martyr."

please do. Maybe we can finally be rid of your pathetic kind.

5. NightTrain

NightTrain VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    How very insightful.

Those peace loving people were living the good life before the evil Americans came along and started carpet bombing Lebanon.

Read the article and understand it before you gleefully and ignorantly start blaming your country.

Dumbass.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,220
    This kind of sick disregard to human life is repulsive. They send their children to blow up others and wonder why people have problems with them. Look if you dont blow people up no one is going to try to destroy you and your twisted faith.

7. Huckleburry

Huckleburry Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Were this a western mother the article might read.....
    Veterans Day.....
    I am honored that my son was able to die for freedom. His country called on him and he paid the ultimate price, to defend our way of life. He fought and died so that the rest of us would not have to. May god bless his soul, and may god see this strong nation to victory.

My point is that everyone wants to believe that the death of child was for some greater good. Americans routinely honor those who fought and died in Vietnam, even though we routinely and indiscriminately carpet bombed areas with large civilian populations. Did we only kill Vietcong? No. Did we loose much sleep over the death of civilians? No. Should we have? No. We were in the midst of a war, an intrinsically evil act, thus we should have been doing all we could to win that war.
    Both the Israelis and the Palestinians employ terrorist tactics to further their cause. This has made for a particularly nasty conflict with no end in sight. Before abhorring the declarations of a bereft mother it would be advantageous to consider the context. Israeli crack downs are brutal and indiscriminate. Palestinian responses are equally despicable. If peace is to prevail we must, to a certain extent, ignore earlier trespasses, both sides have waged total war for a very long time, and both sides are guilty of terrible acts. Before writing these people off as sickos it is important that we consider the context in which they exist. Can any one honestly say that they would not use any means available to defend their home from outside invaders (perceived or otherwise)? Would anyone out there honestly not be proud of a family member who died defending our home? Peace depends on our ability to put ourselves in the context of those who live with war in their daily lives.

8. Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Since when have the Israelis used terrorist tactics? How many busloads of civilians has the Israelis blown up? The Palestinians have tried to make Yasser Arafat sound like the Palestinian George Washington but the main thing that they (and Huckleburry) don't get is that GEORGE WASHINGTON NEVER TARGETED CIVILIANS!!!!!!!!

Even when his troops were starving and freezing at Valley Forge because no one would give them any assistance, George Washington did not attack civilians. Even when he was reeling from losses and on the run, George Washington did not target civilians. How many times does it have to be said before you fucking morons figure out the difference?

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Trust me doc--they are trying to get the weapons they need to attack the Israeli military. They would be MUCH happier to take out a tank than a bus. They have been beaten down to what little they now have and the resulting terrorism is due to the fact that they REFUSE to surrender . If Israel gets to the point of near defeat they will have no qualms in using a nuke no matter how many civilian arabs are killed.

10. Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    George Washington was beaten down as well. He was at his lowest point just before he launched the attack on Trenton and routed a sleeping Hessian regiment. George Washington REFUSED to surrender as well and REFUSED to attack civilians.
    They are taken the cheap and easy way out and then blaming the Israelis for all of their problems. Are the Israelis perfect, not by a long shot. But why is it the only time liberals acknowledge Palestinian terrorism is when they also mention the so called Israeli terrorism? How come no one has come out and stated that Arafat was a terrorist and the peace process could be better off with him dead?