So we won the Iraq war, Obama is getting the credit, and leftists are still crabby

Anyone else notice the lack of celebration on the left for the Iraq war being effectively over? Spare me the distinctions, the "war" in Iraq was over in 1991 but that didn't make Kurdistan safe by any means. However, today is a momentous day.

So why is the left so crabby? Their guy just proved himself to be not only a statesman, but someone who is willing to admit a previous error AND STILL deliver a great military accomplishment as Commander in Chief.

Is there some sense of perpetual unhappiness?

"So we won the Iraq war, Obama is getting the credit, and leftists are still crabby"

Obama is taking the credit, not getting it. We all know he voted against the Surge. He sure managed to turn that 17 minutes into a political posture. :eusa_whistle: But who thought he would not? :cuckoo:

Anyone else notice the lack of celebration on the left for the Iraq war being effectively over? Spare me the distinctions, the "war" in Iraq was over in 1991 but that didn't make Kurdistan safe by any means. However, today is a momentous day.

So why is the left so crabby? Their guy just proved himself to be not only a statesman, but someone who is willing to admit a previous error AND STILL deliver a great military accomplishment as Commander in Chief.

I am still waiting for the celebration from Hannity, or Oreilly, or rush....you know, our boys coming home and stuff....

You fucking hypocrite. You don't give two shits over 4,000 Americans dead. If you did you would actively be protesting the Afghan War where 1270 Americans have already died. But that would involve some kind of moral stand that was half way consistent, a thing you are incapable of. So instead you hide behind U.S. casualties to make some idiotic point.
You have some sense of morality. And some warped sense of judgment.

But that doesn't stop you from making off the cuff remarks that are way far from reality. I would normally dismiss you and this idiotic post of yours, but. Afghanistan. Remember that the September 11 terrorists were trained in Afghanistan? That bin Forgotten had his base of operations there? What was in Iraq? Terrorists who attacked us? Weapons of Mass Destruction? NO! That's why Iraq was the waste it is and why Bush is an idiot for prying open that can of worms.

Now, go figure out a few things and stop making an ass of yourself by posting your assumptions and calling them facts.

Oh please. Your response is simply pitiful. What UN resolutions did Afghanistan violate?
Whew!!!

You surely do have a short-memory.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtPBTybQ9k]YouTube - The Hunt For Bin Laden[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmvexs6q42A&feature=channel]YouTube - Exclusive: Obama On Bin Laden[/ame]​

You have some sense of morality. And some warped sense of judgment.

But that doesn't stop you from making off the cuff remarks that are way far from reality. I would normally dismiss you and this idiotic post of yours, but. Afghanistan. Remember that the September 11 terrorists were trained in Afghanistan? That bin Forgotten had his base of operations there? What was in Iraq? Terrorists who attacked us? Weapons of Mass Destruction? NO! That's why Iraq was the waste it is and why Bush is an idiot for prying open that can of worms.

Now, go figure out a few things and stop making an ass of yourself by posting your assumptions and calling them facts.

Oh please. Your response is simply pitiful. What UN resolutions did Afghanistan violate? What treaties did we have with Afghanistan that they violated? How many al Qaeda members are in Afghanistan now (according to the administration fewer than 100)?
What are our goals in Afghanistan? Has the war there made us safer?
You are talking out of Obama's ass. And my characterization of you as a morally-challenged hypocrite remains.
UN resolutions!?!?! Since when did any of the reolutions passed by the United Nations ever hold such value to you and your ilk? Since when does anything about the United Nations hold any value to the unilateralist, neo-con idiots who started this mistake in Iraq? I guess any port in a storm.
When Hans Blix testified before the British Iraq Inquiry Commission, he blew EVERY Bush Admin LIE STRAIGHT-OUTTA-THE-WATER!!!!!

:clap2:

(Be patient. The video WILL download.)​

I think the word 'leftist' iin a thread or post should be an indication that the person who wrote said thread or post is not to be taken seriously... is only to be made fun of.

ok, sis?

I assumed it was to differentiate the fringe (lefties) from liberals. But that's just me.

Correct. Liberals, lefties and leftists are all different in my opinion.

Oh please. Your response is simply pitiful. What UN resolutions did Afghanistan violate? What treaties did we have with Afghanistan that they violated? How many al Qaeda members are in Afghanistan now (according to the administration fewer than 100)?
What are our goals in Afghanistan? Has the war there made us safer?
You are talking out of Obama's ass. And my characterization of you as a morally-challenged hypocrite remains.
UN resolutions!?!?! Since when did any of the reolutions passed by the United Nations ever hold such value to you and your ilk? Since when does anything about the United Nations hold any value to the unilateralist, neo-con idiots who started this mistake in Iraq? I guess any port in a storm.

And how many Al Qeada operatives were in Afghanistan on September 12, 2001? How many were in Iraq on that same date?

Dismantling, disrupting and otherwise impeding Al Qeada IS the seminal goal of this undertaking. Not revenge for a death threat against Papa. Not completing Papa's start in '91. Not for all the crappy intelligence, shady interrogations or all the war profiteering Halliburton and their compatriots should we ever again be asked to sacrifice the best of this generation in some stupid, ill-conceived invasion of a nation that did not attack us.

I thought the UN stamp of approval was a sine qua non for any U.S. military action among you lefties. Now suddenly it's irrelevant?
You are right to point out the number of al Qaeda operatives in Afghanistan on 9/12/01. That is why Bush was right to send SF into the country to unseat the Taliban. How many were there on 1/20/09? How many are there now? If so, why is Obama ramping UP the war, instead of winding it down?
al Qaeda is not the seminal goal (do you even understand the word??) of this operation. Pres Bush made it clear that making the world unsafe for terrorists is the central goal. That includes states that sponsor them. Iraq was a state sponsor of terrorism for over 20 years. Add in the WMD programs, which all Dems agreed were there, violations of UN accords, etc etc and Iraq was a logical next phase.
But you bring up the lives of US soldiers in Iraq like they were holy and then dismiss casualties in Afghanistan like their sheep. This is what makes you a hypocrite.

Don't forget Zarqawi setting up a terrorist operation in Iraq as soon as his camp in Afghanistan got routed before we invaded Iraq.

Here was the analysis: Al Qaeda is in Afghanistan. Their supposed next best alternative is Iraq. Iraq made an offer of safe harbor. Iraq was also a place where terrorists were either allowed to base (Abu Nidal) with Saddam's blessing, allowed to operate with Saddam ignoring them or obliquely aiding them (PKK), or a mishmash of strange alliances (Ansar al-Islam). It was considered and predicted that if the US was successful in hampering Al Qaeda's operations in Afghanistan, they would relocate to Iraq. Zarqawi proved that prediction correct.

Don't forget about our own pool of bitter young men with malleable minds, who the Chickenhawks had convinced that those young men could be the next Generation o' Heroes.....so the Chickenhawks' kids got to "experience" their War.....on T.V.....at a bar, somewhere....as usual.​

The chickenhawk thing again? President Obama is ramping up Afghanistan. When did he serve in the military?

That's a very stupid argument.

i'd be happy to explain. that part of the world was relatively stable before george decided to go in to make up for his bedwetting as a child. now, it's a clusterfuck that we'll be lucky to extricate ourselves from within 20 years.

Do you have any information to show that Iraq was relatively stable?

we won militarily; i've never disputed that. even rummy couldn't manage to fuck that up, no matter how hard he tried.

the japs won pearl harbor in the military sense-how'd that work out?

They lost the war, just like Saddam's Iraq.

I am still waiting for the celebration from Hannity, or Oreilly, or rush....you know, our boys coming home and stuff....

Perhaps you missed the last few years of Hannity's freedom concerts. Say what you will about Hannity being a hack and I'll agree but he's been very good to veterans.

strategically, we lost as soon as we set foot in iraq.
WADR, are you speaking of *just* the strategy of entering Iraq or are you thinking of something specific about our attack strategy?
Because I think the drive to Baghdad was planned quite well.

You, obviously (and admittedly), don't watch their shows so how would you know if they did or not?

Leftists have always whined and always will. They have become annoying malcontents. They've been whining incessantly even with a Democratic Super Majority in Congress and a Democrat in the White House. My God,if you're still whining with all that power,it's safe to say you are just an annoying malcontent. You will never be happy. They whine incessantly when they have all the power and they whine incessantly when they don't have the power. They just can't be satisfied. That's why most of America now despises them. Are they happy now? ;)

Last edited:

And how many Al Qeada operatives were in Afghanistan on September 12, 2001? How many were in Iraq on that same date?

Dismantling, disrupting and otherwise impeding Al Qeada IS the seminal goal of this undertaking. Not revenge for a death threat against Papa. Not completing Papa's start in '91. Not for all the crappy intelligence, shady interrogations or all the war profiteering Halliburton and their compatriots should we ever again be asked to sacrifice the best of this generation in some stupid, ill-conceived invasion of a nation that did not attack us.

I thought the UN stamp of approval was a sine qua non for any U.S. military action among you lefties. Now suddenly it's irrelevant?
You are right to point out the number of al Qaeda operatives in Afghanistan on 9/12/01. That is why Bush was right to send SF into the country to unseat the Taliban. How many were there on 1/20/09? How many are there now? If so, why is Obama ramping UP the war, instead of winding it down?
al Qaeda is not the seminal goal (do you even understand the word??) of this operation. Pres Bush made it clear that making the world unsafe for terrorists is the central goal. That includes states that sponsor them. Iraq was a state sponsor of terrorism for over 20 years. Add in the WMD programs, which all Dems agreed were there, violations of UN accords, etc etc and Iraq was a logical next phase.
But you bring up the lives of US soldiers in Iraq like they were holy and then dismiss casualties in Afghanistan like their sheep. This is what makes you a hypocrite.

Don't forget Zarqawi setting up a terrorist operation in Iraq as soon as his camp in Afghanistan got routed before we invaded Iraq.

Here was the analysis: Al Qaeda is in Afghanistan. Their supposed next best alternative is Iraq. Iraq made an offer of safe harbor. Iraq was also a place where terrorists were either allowed to base (Abu Nidal) with Saddam's blessing, allowed to operate with Saddam ignoring them or obliquely aiding them (PKK), or a mishmash of strange alliances (Ansar al-Islam). It was considered and predicted that if the US was successful in hampering Al Qaeda's operations in Afghanistan, they would relocate to Iraq. Zarqawi proved that prediction correct.

That is not what happened at all, and your sources do not support such an interpretation.

This is why your side always loses this discussion. You make assertions that are false.

i'd be happy to explain. that part of the world was relatively stable before george decided to go in to make up for his bedwetting as a child. now, it's a clusterfuck that we'll be lucky to extricate ourselves from within 20 years.

we won militarily; i've never disputed that. even rummy couldn't manage to fuck that up, no matter how hard he tried.

We successfully transformed Japan's culture from militarism to that of a non-Christian culture that interacts fully with western civilization. That has not happened in Iraq.

Leftists have always whined and always will. They have become annoying malcontents. They've been whining incessantly even with a Democratic Super Majority in Congress and a Democrat in the White House. My God,if you're still whining with all that power,it's safe to say you are just an annoying malcontent. You will never be happy. They whine incessantly when they have all the power and they whine incessantly when they don't have the power. They just can't be satisfied. That's why most of America now despises them. Are they happy now? ;)

:lol: Lib, you whine incessantly. I imagine that sleeping you whine in your snores.

We successfully transformed Japan's culture from militarism to that of a non-Christian culture that interacts fully with western civilization. That has not happened in Iraq.

Yet.

You really don't get it? They wanted to loose because if we win that makes America strong.

How so? We weren't "at war" with the Iraqi people, so "winning" or "losing" was moot. Now IF, once Saddam was captured, tried, and hung, the US declared we had "won," that would have been true. We "won" the war against Saddam Hussein, period. In that case, we should have declared victory and come home.

How would it look any different if we had lost in Iraq? For that matter, how is it any different now that "the war is over"?

I want to know what we are supposed to tell the families of service men and women killed there after today.

Exactly what Obama told them in his speech.

You really don't get it? They wanted to loose because if we win that makes America strong.

You become more and more of a hack with each passing day ...

Do you have a better explanation for the complete failure to acknowledge that we won?

The only [small] win is that there is now a semblance of a democratic process in place. But there's still no guarantee that at some point in the near future, the whole country won't fall right back into an all Sunni or all Shia dictatorship. Their government has yet to be organized after all this time, and the fragility of their process could be upended at any moment.

Forum List

Back