So we won the Iraq war, Obama is getting the credit, and leftists are still crabby

Anyone else notice the lack of celebration on the left for the Iraq war being effectively over? Spare me the distinctions, the "war" in Iraq was over in 1991 but that didn't make Kurdistan safe by any means. However, today is a momentous day.

So why is the left so crabby? Their guy just proved himself to be not only a statesman, but someone who is willing to admit a previous error AND STILL deliver a great military accomplishment as Commander in Chief.

Is there some sense of perpetual unhappiness?

We'll never 4,000 dead soldiers back, nor the tens of thousands of wounded and maimed service men and women will get back the use of their limbs and eyes, nor the hundreds of billions of dollars wasted, nor the prestige we held prior to Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo.

And what great good resulted from all this waste? An idiot landed on an aircraft carrier and had his picture taken in front of a "Mission Accomplished" banner.

You want glory? You want parades? You want victory rallies and bon fires and skyrockets?

We just wasted so much for so little. Find your glory by helping out one of the thousands of victims of this Iraq mistake.

You really don't get it? They wanted to loose because if we win that makes America strong.

You become more and more of a hack with each passing day ...

Do you have a better explanation for the complete failure to acknowledge that we won?

To the Left there is no victory but defeat. When the US wins the rest of the world loses, and vice versa. They loved Vietnam because it was a clusterfuck and some pissant South-East Asian country kicked our arrogant American asses. That's the kind of victory the Left likes.
American victory is uncomfortable for them. It feels like imperialism. It feels like American arrogance (note the use of the word twice here). So even when we win--we achieved every objective we set before we invaded--we must lose. Because winning only strengthens the America lovers, those right wing white racist bigoted small town uneducated gun toting bible believing folks in flyover land who are too stupid to know their country is the cause and source of all unhappiness in the world.

Anyone else notice the lack of celebration on the left for the Iraq war being effectively over? Spare me the distinctions, the "war" in Iraq was over in 1991 but that didn't make Kurdistan safe by any means. However, today is a momentous day.

So why is the left so crabby? Their guy just proved himself to be not only a statesman, but someone who is willing to admit a previous error AND STILL deliver a great military accomplishment as Commander in Chief.

It's like cutting your own hand off and having it glued back on. Your happy that it got glued back on, but you wish you hadn't cut it off in the first place.

We'll never 4,000 dead soldiers back, nor the tens of thousands of wounded and maimed service men and women will get back the use of their limbs and eyes, nor the hundreds of billions of dollars wasted, nor the prestige we held prior to Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo.

And what great good resulted from all this waste? An idiot landed on an aircraft carrier and had his picture taken in front of a "Mission Accomplished" banner.

You want glory? You want parades? You want victory rallies and bon fires and skyrockets?

We just wasted so much for so little. Find your glory by helping out one of the thousands of victims of this Iraq mistake.
You fucking hypocrite. You don't give two shits over 4,000 Americans dead. If you did you would actively be protesting the Afghan War where 1270 Americans have already died. But that would involve some kind of moral stand that was half way consistent, a thing you are incapable of. So instead you hide behind U.S. casualties to make some idiotic point.

You fucking hypocrite. You don't give two shits over 4,000 Americans dead. If you did you would actively be protesting the Afghan War where 1270 Americans have already died. But that would involve some kind of moral stand that was half way consistent, a thing you are incapable of. So instead you hide behind U.S. casualties to make some idiotic point.
You have some sense of morality. And some warped sense of judgment.

But that doesn't stop you from making off the cuff remarks that are way far from reality. I would normally dismiss you and this idiotic post of yours, but. Afghanistan. Remember that the September 11 terrorists were trained in Afghanistan? That bin Forgotten had his base of operations there? What was in Iraq? Terrorists who attacked us? Weapons of Mass Destruction? NO! That's why Iraq was the waste it is and why Bush is an idiot for prying open that can of worms.

Now, go figure out a few things and stop making an ass of yourself by posting your assumptions and calling them facts.

But that doesn't stop you from making off the cuff remarks that are way far from reality. I would normally dismiss you and this idiotic post of yours, but. Afghanistan. Remember that the September 11 terrorists were trained in Afghanistan? That bin Forgotten had his base of operations there? What was in Iraq? Terrorists who attacked us? Weapons of Mass Destruction? NO! That's why Iraq was the waste it is and why Bush is an idiot for prying open that can of worms.

Now, go figure out a few things and stop making an ass of yourself by posting your assumptions and calling them facts.

I dunno, Clinton, Kerry, Edwards, Albright, Gore, etc. sure thought Iraq was a threat.... before Bush ever set foot in office I might add.. and in case you're date challenged, that's pre 9/11.

Oh please. Your response is simply pitiful. What UN resolutions did Afghanistan violate? What treaties did we have with Afghanistan that they violated? How many al Qaeda members are in Afghanistan now (according to the administration fewer than 100)?
What are our goals in Afghanistan? Has the war there made us safer?
You are talking out of Obama's ass. And my characterization of you as a morally-challenged hypocrite remains.

Who's being crabby?

I sense a tone of bitchiness in the OP.

Lefties are miserable fucks. Not sure if being leftwing makes you miserable or being miserable inclines a man to be leftwing.

Don't care much either. I just avoid personal contact with miserable fucks... they're buzzkill.

We didn't "win" shit, in Iraq....we survived it....just like 'Nam.

No matter how you "conservatives" try to spin it, it was a bad-idea, goin' in.....and, a lot o' people (seem to have) died, for NO GOOD REASON.

In-other-words.....the end-results were (pretty-much) predictable.

(....And, Lil' Dumbya snuck-off with a big, fat, profit/pen$ion....as usual.)

:mad:

(So.....you twenty-somethings, who sat home & watched....what'd you think o' YOUR War?? Wasn't what you expected....what the sales-and-marketing folks "sold" you.....huh?)​

Last edited:
Lefties are miserable fucks. Not sure if being leftwing makes you miserable or being miserable inclines a man to be leftwing.

Don't care much either. I just avoid personal contact with miserable fucks... they're buzzkill.

On the otherhand, cons are ultra-jolly!

Oh please. Your response is simply pitiful. What UN resolutions did Afghanistan violate? What treaties did we have with Afghanistan that they violated? How many al Qaeda members are in Afghanistan now (according to the administration fewer than 100)?
You are talking out of Obama's ass. And my characterization of you as a morally-challenged hypocrite remains.
UN resolutions!?!?! Since when did any of the reolutions passed by the United Nations ever hold such value to you and your ilk? Since when does anything about the United Nations hold any value to the unilateralist, neo-con idiots who started this mistake in Iraq? I guess any port in a storm.

And how many Al Qeada operatives were in Afghanistan on September 12, 2001? How many were in Iraq on that same date?

Dismantling, disrupting and otherwise impeding Al Qeada IS the seminal goal of this undertaking. Not revenge for a death threat against Papa. Not completing Papa's start in '91. Not for all the crappy intelligence, shady interrogations or all the war profiteering Halliburton and their compatriots should we ever again be asked to sacrifice the best of this generation in some stupid, ill-conceived invasion of a nation that did not attack us.

UN resolutions!?!?! Since when did any of the reolutions passed by the United Nations ever hold such value to you and your ilk? Since when does anything about the United Nations hold any value to the unilateralist, neo-con idiots who started this mistake in Iraq? I guess any port in a storm.

And how many Al Qeada operatives were in Afghanistan on September 12, 2001? How many were in Iraq on that same date?

Dismantling, disrupting and otherwise impeding Al Qeada IS the seminal goal of this undertaking. Not revenge for a death threat against Papa. Not completing Papa's start in '91. Not for all the crappy intelligence, shady interrogations or all the war profiteering Halliburton and their compatriots should we ever again be asked to sacrifice the best of this generation in some stupid, ill-conceived invasion of a nation that did not attack us.

I thought the UN stamp of approval was a sine qua non for any U.S. military action among you lefties. Now suddenly it's irrelevant?
You are right to point out the number of al Qaeda operatives in Afghanistan on 9/12/01. That is why Bush was right to send SF into the country to unseat the Taliban. How many were there on 1/20/09? How many are there now? If so, why is Obama ramping UP the war, instead of winding it down?
al Qaeda is not the seminal goal (do you even understand the word??) of this operation. Pres Bush made it clear that making the world unsafe for terrorists is the central goal. That includes states that sponsor them. Iraq was a state sponsor of terrorism for over 20 years. Add in the WMD programs, which all Dems agreed were there, violations of UN accords, etc etc and Iraq was a logical next phase.
But you bring up the lives of US soldiers in Iraq like they were holy and then dismiss casualties in Afghanistan like their sheep. This is what makes you a hypocrite.

Seeing as how I know people who are leaving to serve in Iraq in the next couple of weeks, I don't think it's over....I think they are lying to us, but then again, the government doesn't give a crap about the American people, I'm beginning to think it never did.

I dunno, Clinton, Kerry, Edwards, Albright, Gore, etc. sure thought Iraq was a threat.... before Bush ever set foot in office I might add.. and in case you're date challenged, that's pre 9/11.

but, but, but...as you've pointed out many times, and rightfully, IMO, clinton, kerry, edwards, albright, gore etc are fucking idiots.

go figure, huh?

but, but, but...as you've pointed out many times, and rightfully, IMO, clinton, kerry, edwards, albright, gore etc are fucking idiots.

go figure, huh?
Even a stopped watch....

This is the happiest fucking place on the internet.

strategically, we lost as soon as we set foot in iraq.
by strategically lost, do you mean our very presence on their soil further inflamed already strained relations between ME and the West, and helped to expand the pool of bitter young men with malleable minds predisposed to culturally-ingrained anti-West sentiment? Or something like that.

Don't forget about our own pool of bitter young men with malleable minds, who the Chickenhawks had convinced that those young men could be the next Generation o' Heroes.....so the Chickenhawks' kids got to "experience" their War.....on T.V.....at a bar, somewhere....as usual.​

Forum List

Back