So we won the Iraq war, Obama is getting the credit, and leftists are still crabby

Oh please. Your response is simply pitiful. What UN resolutions did Afghanistan violate? What treaties did we have with Afghanistan that they violated? How many al Qaeda members are in Afghanistan now (according to the administration fewer than 100)?
What are our goals in Afghanistan? Has the war there made us safer?
You are talking out of Obama's ass. And my characterization of you as a morally-challenged hypocrite remains.
UN resolutions!?!?! Since when did any of the reolutions passed by the United Nations ever hold such value to you and your ilk? Since when does anything about the United Nations hold any value to the unilateralist, neo-con idiots who started this mistake in Iraq? I guess any port in a storm.

And how many Al Qeada operatives were in Afghanistan on September 12, 2001? How many were in Iraq on that same date?

Dismantling, disrupting and otherwise impeding Al Qeada IS the seminal goal of this undertaking. Not revenge for a death threat against Papa. Not completing Papa's start in '91. Not for all the crappy intelligence, shady interrogations or all the war profiteering Halliburton and their compatriots should we ever again be asked to sacrifice the best of this generation in some stupid, ill-conceived invasion of a nation that did not attack us.

I thought the UN stamp of approval was a sine qua non for any U.S. military action among you lefties. Now suddenly it's irrelevant?
You are right to point out the number of al Qaeda operatives in Afghanistan on 9/12/01. That is why Bush was right to send SF into the country to unseat the Taliban. How many were there on 1/20/09? How many are there now? If so, why is Obama ramping UP the war, instead of winding it down?
al Qaeda is not the seminal goal (do you even understand the word??) of this operation. Pres Bush made it clear that making the world unsafe for terrorists is the central goal. That includes states that sponsor them. Iraq was a state sponsor of terrorism for over 20 years. Add in the WMD programs, which all Dems agreed were there, violations of UN accords, etc etc and Iraq was a logical next phase.
But you bring up the lives of US soldiers in Iraq like they were holy and then dismiss casualties in Afghanistan like their sheep. This is what makes you a hypocrite.
You'd have a point if you were sincere. Precisely where did i dismiss our casualties in Afghanistan as if they were sheep? All these words in my mouth and none of them are true!

And it's among you Conservatives that the notion of the United Nations is irrelevant. And yet you wave UN resolutions over your head as if they were the very word of God! Do you know the definition of hypocritical? Because your posts here provide a new benchmark for it.

Anyone else notice the lack of celebration on the left for the Iraq war being effectively over? Spare me the distinctions, the "war" in Iraq was over in 1991 but that didn't make Kurdistan safe by any means. However, today is a momentous day.

So why is the left so crabby? Their guy just proved himself to be not only a statesman, but someone who is willing to admit a previous error AND STILL deliver a great military accomplishment as Commander in Chief.

Is there some sense of perpetual unhappiness?
This is the happiest fucking place on the internet.

strategically, we lost as soon as we set foot in iraq.
by strategically lost, do you mean our very presence on their soil further inflamed already strained relations between ME and the West, and helped to expand the pool of bitter young men with malleable minds predisposed to culturally-ingrained anti-West sentiment? Or something like that.

no, strategically it made sense to leave saddam in power and let him rattle his saber ineffectually. bush 1 understood that, bush 2 didn't.

you do raise a good point, but not the one i had in mind.

Anyone else notice the lack of celebration on the left for the Iraq war being effectively over? Spare me the distinctions, the "war" in Iraq was over in 1991 but that didn't make Kurdistan safe by any means. However, today is a momentous day.

So why is the left so crabby? Their guy just proved himself to be not only a statesman, but someone who is willing to admit a previous error AND STILL deliver a great military accomplishment as Commander in Chief.

This is the happiest fucking place on the internet.

strategically, we lost as soon as we set foot in iraq.
by strategically lost, do you mean our very presence on their soil further inflamed already strained relations between ME and the West, and helped to expand the pool of bitter young men with malleable minds predisposed to culturally-ingrained anti-West sentiment? Or something like that.

no, strategically it made sense to leave saddam in power and let him rattle his saber ineffectually. bush 1 understood that, bush 2 didn't.

you do raise a good point, but not the one i had in mind.

How did it make sense to leave Saddam in power to terrorize his own people, use poison gas against them, develop WMDs, undermine UN sanctions, bribe European powers, and plot assasinations against US presidents?
I'm sure this will be good.

How would it look any different if we had lost in Iraq? For that matter, how is it any different now that "the war is over"?

I want to know what we are supposed to tell the families of service men and women killed there after today.
Those folks who're heavily-invested in our defen$e-indu$try (who got the MEGA TAX-CUT$....right-BEFORE-the-War) should, at least, say "THANKS!!"

:rolleyes:

(Maybe they will......after they get their new yachts broken-in.)​

UN resolutions!?!?! Since when did any of the reolutions passed by the United Nations ever hold such value to you and your ilk? Since when does anything about the United Nations hold any value to the unilateralist, neo-con idiots who started this mistake in Iraq? I guess any port in a storm.

And how many Al Qeada operatives were in Afghanistan on September 12, 2001? How many were in Iraq on that same date?

Dismantling, disrupting and otherwise impeding Al Qeada IS the seminal goal of this undertaking. Not revenge for a death threat against Papa. Not completing Papa's start in '91. Not for all the crappy intelligence, shady interrogations or all the war profiteering Halliburton and their compatriots should we ever again be asked to sacrifice the best of this generation in some stupid, ill-conceived invasion of a nation that did not attack us.

I thought the UN stamp of approval was a sine qua non for any U.S. military action among you lefties. Now suddenly it's irrelevant?
You are right to point out the number of al Qaeda operatives in Afghanistan on 9/12/01. That is why Bush was right to send SF into the country to unseat the Taliban. How many were there on 1/20/09? How many are there now? If so, why is Obama ramping UP the war, instead of winding it down?
al Qaeda is not the seminal goal (do you even understand the word??) of this operation. Pres Bush made it clear that making the world unsafe for terrorists is the central goal. That includes states that sponsor them. Iraq was a state sponsor of terrorism for over 20 years. Add in the WMD programs, which all Dems agreed were there, violations of UN accords, etc etc and Iraq was a logical next phase.
But you bring up the lives of US soldiers in Iraq like they were holy and then dismiss casualties in Afghanistan like their sheep. This is what makes you a hypocrite.
You'd have a point if you were sincere. Precisely where did i dismiss our casualties in Afghanistan as if they were sheep? All these words in my mouth and none of them are true!

And it's among you Conservatives that the notion of the United Nations is irrelevant. And yet you wave UN resolutions over your head as if they were the very word of God! Do you know the definition of hypocritical? Because your posts here provide a new benchmark for it.

Please post one post where you have complained about US casualties in Afghanistan.
Conservatives did not make the UN the arbiter of all things. Liberals did. But since we live in a liberal world we have to play along until such time as they can all be taken out back and eliminated.

You become more and more of a hack with each passing day ...

Do you have a better explanation for the complete failure to acknowledge that we won?

Sure, it's you that are confused.

We won the war.

The war was a cake walk.

It was the post-war occupation with no real plan or direction that was the total disaster.

You seem to thing that there should be some praise handed out to our political leadership fucking things up there for years. I, and many others, don't. Believe me, it has nothing to do with "wanting to make America look weak" or whatever nonsense it was that you farted out in html. That shit sounds like it was pulled directly out of Rush Limbaugh's ass.

Again, do you have a better explanation for the people who insist we did not win? Like del, who insist we lost as soon as we went there? You have to understand that not every post is about you, some of them are about the idiots who are way out on the left.

Do you have a better explanation for the complete failure to acknowledge that we won?

We won the war.

The war was a cake walk.

It was the post-war occupation with no real plan or direction that was the total disaster.

You seem to thing that there should be some praise handed out to our political leadership fucking things up there for years. I, and many others, don't. Believe me, it has nothing to do with "wanting to make America look weak" or whatever nonsense it was that you farted out in html. That shit sounds like it was pulled directly out of Rush Limbaugh's ass.

Again, do you have a better explanation for the people who insist we did not win? Like del, who insist we lost as soon as we went there? You have to understand that not every post is about you, some of them are about the idiots who are way out on the left.

i'd be happy to explain. that part of the world was relatively stable before george decided to go in to make up for his bedwetting as a child. now, it's a clusterfuck that we'll be lucky to extricate ourselves from within 20 years.

we won militarily; i've never disputed that. even rummy couldn't manage to fuck that up, no matter how hard he tried.

the japs won pearl harbor in the military sense-how'd that work out?

We won the war.

The war was a cake walk.

And those out on the right. I have to listen to the wacks on the right and the wacks on the left talk stupidly. So . . .

The facts are these. (1) We beat the shit out of the Iraqi armed forces. (2) For four long years Bush and Rummy refused to believe Shenseki's professional advice that the coalition would need several hundred thousand troops to pacify the country and rebuild it the way we wanted it to be built. (3) Instead we privatized and outsourced the rebuilding to businesses that had no fucking idea how to rebuild a country. (4) In 2007, the Surge worked because of several hundred thousand troops and mercenaries. (5) However, the opportunity to create an ally in the Middle East that would stabilize and secure our oil supply failed. (6) It is now inevitable that the Iraqi shi'ite majority will form a majoritarian dictatorship and ally with Iran. (7) Obama did the best he could on TV last night with what he had been given. So . . .

You hard lefties and you hard righties here are simply stupid.

We the Center are going to work the future out for our country and we will marginalize you if you obstruct.

is it a victory or a retreat ?
I'd always assumed BUSHCO had (already) dug-up that ol' 'Nam-era Honorable Withdrawal banner....so they could say they had something to do with ending their debacle-in-Iraq.​

How would it look any different if we had lost in Iraq? For that matter, how is it any different now that "the war is over"?

I want to know what we are supposed to tell the families of service men and women killed there after today.

That is Obama's problem, since he is insisting that combat operations are over, while keeping combat troops in Iraq and sending them out on hot missions. Even the radical left is going to have a hard time blaming Bush for this.
We're STILL cleanin'-up after the mess Lil' Dumbya created.....but, it's not Lil' Dumbya's fault, huh?? :eusa_eh:

We won the war.

The war was a cake walk.

i'd be happy to explain. that part of the world was relatively stable before george decided to go in to make up for his bedwetting as a child. now, it's a clusterfuck that we'll be lucky to extricate ourselves from within 20 years.

we won militarily; i've never disputed that. even rummy couldn't manage to fuck that up, no matter how hard he tried.

You're kidding right? They say ignorance is bliss. I guess you must be pretty happy.
Iran-Iraq war 1980-1988
Saddam's invasion of Kuwait and Gulf War 1991
Suppression of the Kurds
State sponsor of terrorism.
For 30 years that was a shithole of snakes and a constant headache for governments all over the world. All that is over now.

We'll never 4,000 dead soldiers back, nor the tens of thousands of wounded and maimed service men and women will get back the use of their limbs and eyes, nor the hundreds of billions of dollars wasted, nor the prestige we held prior to Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo.

And what great good resulted from all this waste? An idiot landed on an aircraft carrier and had his picture taken in front of a "Mission Accomplished" banner.

You want glory? You want parades? You want victory rallies and bon fires and skyrockets?

We just wasted so much for so little. Find your glory by helping out one of the thousands of victims of this Iraq mistake.
....And, with the traumatic-injury/life-saving technology we have, now, there should be no-effort-involved identifying them.....and, every combat-vet after them; visual-reminder for the Pro-War folks (who always manage to forget, anyhow).

Fountaine-gd-110606-39.jpg

You're kidding right? They say ignorance is bliss. I guess you must be pretty happy.
Iran-Iraq war 1980-1988 and that was bad because?
Saddam's invasion of Kuwait and Gulf War 1991we won
Suppression of the Kurds why didn't we attack turkey if that's so important?
State sponsor of terrorism. you got me there, terrorism has clearly ended :rolleyes:
For 30 years that was a shithole of snakes and a constant headache for governments all over the world. All that is over now.

:rofl:

sure it is

We'll never 4,000 dead soldiers back, nor the tens of thousands of wounded and maimed service men and women will get back the use of their limbs and eyes, nor the hundreds of billions of dollars wasted, nor the prestige we held prior to Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo.

And what great good resulted from all this waste? An idiot landed on an aircraft carrier and had his picture taken in front of a "Mission Accomplished" banner.

You want glory? You want parades? You want victory rallies and bon fires and skyrockets?

We just wasted so much for so little. Find your glory by helping out one of the thousands of victims of this Iraq mistake.
You fucking hypocrite. You don't give two shits over 4,000 Americans dead.
Your guilt hasn't improved your mind-reading skills, at all.

:rolleyes:

You fucking hypocrite. You don't give two shits over 4,000 Americans dead. If you did you would actively be protesting the Afghan War where 1270 Americans have already died. But that would involve some kind of moral stand that was half way consistent, a thing you are incapable of. So instead you hide behind U.S. casualties to make some idiotic point.
You have some sense of morality. And some warped sense of judgment.

But that doesn't stop you from making off the cuff remarks that are way far from reality. I would normally dismiss you and this idiotic post of yours, but. Afghanistan. Remember that the September 11 terrorists were trained in Afghanistan? That bin Forgotten had his base of operations there? What was in Iraq? Terrorists who attacked us? Weapons of Mass Destruction? NO! That's why Iraq was the waste it is and why Bush is an idiot for prying open that can of worms.

Now, go figure out a few things and stop making an ass of yourself by posting your assumptions and calling them facts.

I dunno, Clinton, Kerry, Edwards, Albright, Gore, etc. sure thought Iraq was a threat.... before Bush ever set foot in office I might add.
A threat?? Hardly. :rolleyes:

They were encouraging regime-change.....to override the mess Reagan/Bush left-behind​

"Yesterday, Clinton signed into law HR 4655, the "Iraq Liberation Act of 1998." In a presidential statement, issued by the White House, Clinton said, "This Act makes clear that it is the sense of the Congress that the United States should support those elements of the Iraqi opposition that advocate a very different future for Iraq than the bitter reality of internal repression and external aggression that the current regime in Baghdad now offers. . . . On October 21, 1998, I signed into law the Omnibus Consolidated and Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act, 1999, which made $8 million available for assistance to the Iraqi democratic opposition."

Forum List

Back