So telling of many who claim to not believe in God

Hagbard Celine said:
My only religion is Jesus' golden rule, which I have found is a central concept in most religions. The golden rule states that we should do unto others as we would have others do unto us.

All the other hoo hah hocus pocus mystical garbage can go right out the window for all I care.

So in other words you're an American Catholic? =p

-Cp said:
Anywho... .before this thread gets COMPLETELY off-course...

The purpose of it was to show that everyone - when faced with their own mortality will cry out to God.... it's in our nature to do so and very natural...

Some folks figure this out well before death comes to their door and don't (nor shouldn't) fear dying...

Others - spelled non-believers and/or atheists - talk a big game about how they don't believe or need God... . but chances are He's the first one they call on when faced with dire danger...

If the purpose was to show that everyone does something, using a single example as your explanation doesn't really accomplish much. Most of your post currently has no basis other than your own personal opinion, which, judging from this thread, is based largely on a news report centered on one individual among a hundred, in an isolated incident, whom you (or anyone else, for that matter) have very little background on.

Hagbard Celine said:
My only religion is Jesus' golden rule, which I have found is a central concept in most religions. The golden rule states that we should do unto others as we would have others do unto us.

All the other hoo hah hocus pocus mystical garbage can go right out the window for all I care.

i thought is was do unto others before they do unto you

-Cp said:
Yeah - it's just too bad Islam is the wrong path to God...

I didn't realize that there was either a right or wrong path to God. You must be quite arrogant to claim you know which path is correct and which path isn't.

USViking said:
I say this: how many tens of thousands of people
have gone down to fiery death in airplanes, vainly
praying for deliverance?

For that matter, how many hundreds of millions
have died in countless other catastrophies,
whose prayers went unanswered?

What proof do you have that their prayers went unanswered? Maybe that prayer took them straight to heaven at the last minute where as before they may have been headed somewhere else??

What proof do you have that their prayers went unanswered? Maybe that prayer took them straight to heaven at the last minute where as before they may have been headed somewhere else??

Well I can certainly tell you where it didn't take them...Out of the damn airplane! :laugh:

Hagbard Celine said:
Well I can certainly tell you where it didn't take them...Out of the damn airplane! :laugh:

Little comfort to hear but maybe it was their time. LOL
On the flip side of that how many people do survive when no one thought it possible?? I think they call it miracle if im not mistaken.. ;)

When I was a sophomore in highschool, I was thrown out a car that rolled five times before coming to a stop. My body landed in a ditch and I was unconscious for three days. I didn't wear my seatbelt because I was an idiot. I recovered back to full health within three months with no long term damage. Some would say it was a miracle, others would say I'm lucky. Some like apples some like oranges.

Hagbard Celine said:
When I was a sophomore in highschool, I was thrown out a car that rolled five times before coming to a stop. My body landed in a ditch and I was unconscious for three days. I didn't wear my seatbelt because I was an idiot. I recovered back to full health within three months with no long term damage. Some would say it was a miracle, others would say I'm lucky. Some like apples some like oranges.

I like apples and oranges :)

Hagbard Celine said:

And some would say it was both.

The difference between the miracle and your story would be if there was a reasonable medical prognosis of death or serious damage yet you still recovered with no reasonable scientific explanation. Was that the case?

Hell I have prayed for people in my family and I am a firm agnostic. I have prayed to God, Mary, Allah, Vishnu, Shiva, Brahmah, Buddah, etc. Does that make me a christian, muslim, hindu, Buddist hybrid, No. It means that I beleive in the possibility that those beings exist and can help me. And if not, what harm do my prayers do. So it is a win/lose-nothing stiuation.

Forum List

Back