So Romney was right about the Olympic Preparations

ok just so everyone knows what Romney was responding to. It appears many on the left don't grasp the gravity of the security situation. Trust me. "disconcerting" was really a kind word to use.

Government forced to call in 1,200 extra troops who were placed on standby for Olympic Games after G4S security fiasco

Beleaguered firm admitted it cannot provide 10,400 guards for Games
Culture Sec Jeremy Hunt says government is 'leaving nothing to chance'
Extra troops called in as questions are raised over G4S trainee exams for X-ray machines
G4S staff training to operate X-ray scanners at Olympics 'were given numerous chances to pass test'
G4S chairman admits firm could miss out on public sector contracts following Olympic security debacle

An additional 1,200 troops will be deployed at the Olympics amid continued concern of the security staffing of beleaguered firm G4S.

Ministers today took the decision to call up the 1,200 troops who were on standby last week, as the crisis surrounding G4S deepened just three days before the London 2012 opening ceremony.

The military is already plugging the gap left by G4S with 3,500 troops after the security firm admitted two weeks ago it could not provide its 10,400 contracted guards.

Read more: London 2012 Olympics: 1,200 extra troops called in after G4S security fiasco | Mail Online

This is what you call FUBAR'D.

The point isn't whether he was right or not.

THAT is not the political gaffe.

It's going there, then insulting them publicly.

Wingnuts are so used to praising bad manners and ignorant behaviour from Palin, Bachmann, Cain, Limbaugh, Hannity, et al, they no longer have any moral compass.

Tell me then how would you have answered the questions?

How polite could you be without making a complete and utter fool of yourself by praising how this had been handled?

By all means, tell us what would have been a proper response.

Wingnuts are so used to praising bad manners and ignorant behaviour from Palin, Bachmann, Cain, Limbaugh, Hannity, et al, they no longer have any moral compass.

How polite could you be without making a complete and utter fool of yourself by praising how this had been handled?

Probably could have said something like G4s was obviously unprepared, wouldn't have said that the entire british government was.

Last edited:
Indeed, he was right. The issues he referred to:

1. a security company contracted to provide thousands of security personnel who did not deliver on their contract. The Brit military got called in to fill the breach. Police forces from around the country had to send extra officers to London to back up their police presence... leaving other areas of the country with less police.

2. Union workers undertaking passport control threatened to strike over pay and conditions the day before the games started.

3. London taxi drivers also threatened industrial action over the use of 'Olympic lanes' on the roads.

Even the British media were speculating that they were not ready.

then why did he say they Where ready a few days later?

OH that wasnt mittens you tell me? Just a robotic clone?

Seriously you people will defend anything.

The great thing is you just made my argument for me. He is saying with your evidence they are not ready. Which is what Tinydouche wanted to know.

And then we can use the direct quote that he stated they are ready..

I love it, I just love how easy you morons make this.

He said they weren't ready because it was plastered all over the media that there were security issues, and strike issues both at London's major airport and it's transport system... both would be clues to a lack of readiness. Then he met with Cameron, who - no doubt - talked to him about what steps were being taken by the government in order to ensure they were ready... and that convinced Romney that the Brits could pull it off. And they did.

Where, exactly, did I say it wasn't Mitt who said that? Could you please keep the voices in your head out of your posting? It makes you look like a delusional freak... claiming I said things I didn't say.

It is, however, not at all surprising that hacks don't understand basic logic.
wow once again you miss the boat. how typical of you.

Probably could have said something like G4s was obviously unprepared, wouldn't have said that the british government was.

I'd like a link to the direct statement where Romney attacks the British Government for their handling of the affair.

I can't wait for you to find one for me. Ah I'll be nice to you. I'm in a good mood tonight. He never insulted the government. He didn't insult anyone. He did attempt to put a nice spin on a nightmare.

"MITT ROMNEY: You know, it's hard to know just how well it were turn out-- will turn out.

There are a few things that were disconcerting, the stories about the-- private security firm not having enough people-- the sup-- supposed strike of the immigration and customs officials, that obviously is not something which is encouraging.

Because in the games, there-- there are three parts that makes games successful. Number one, of course, are the athletes. That's what overwhelmingly the games are about. Number two are the volunteers.

And they'll have great volunteers here. But number three are the people of the-- of the country. Do they come together and celebrate the Olympic moment? And that's something which we only find out once the games actually begin.

British papers blast Mitt Romney - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

you are one stupid woman.....i mean you realize he in that quote is questioning their readiness.its amazing how hard you suck the koolaid

Last edited:
London 2012 Olympics: Empty seats on the opening day prompts investigation

London 2012 Olympics: Empty seats on the opening day prompts investigation - Telegraph

An investigation has been launched by the London 2012 organisers Locog after banks of empty seats were evident in multiple sporting venues on the opening day of the Games.

Romney's whine was about security, not that seats were being reserved and not used in events that no one cared about.

Those seats will now be given to British soldiers if asked for.

London 2012 Olympics: Empty seats on the opening day prompts investigation

London 2012 Olympics: Empty seats on the opening day prompts investigation - Telegraph

An investigation has been launched by the London 2012 organisers Locog after banks of empty seats were evident in multiple sporting venues on the opening day of the Games.

Romney's whine was about security, not that seats were being reserved and not used in events that no one cared about.

Those seats will now be given to British soldiers if asked for.

Where and when did he whine?

"I have every confidence that the British organizers have everything well in hand. They are professionals, and have been working on this for over a decade"

"I have every confidence that the British organizers have everything well in hand. They are professionals, and have been working on this for over a decade"

hehehehe but then he would have been a liar and Romney knew of these issues. Out in front for months on end.

Romney was understated. Brilliantly understated. Now the rest of you will look like such fools.

Olympic security farce as Wembley keys lost: First the G4S fiasco... now police admit to shocking stadium breach

Search teams hunt desperately for keys after they were lost during final preparations for the Games
Could cost £40,000 to replace the hi-tech laser key set

Police in charge of keeping the Olympics safe have lost the keys to Wembley Stadium.

Scotland Yard admitted last night that it was to blame for the shocking breach.

Search teams spent days desperately hunting for the keys after they were mislaid during the final preparations for the Games.

Read more: Olympic security farce as Wembley keys lost: First the G4S fiasco... now police admit to shocking stadium breach | Mail Online

:lol:

No problem with security oh no problem at all.

I'm feeling a little Rod Stewart today. Every picture tells a story story.

How's this for Olympic security? :lmao:

article-2180527-14440E5A000005DC-578_634x683.jpg

Here's the story. Oh this is truly too funny. Not if she'd been a terrorist mind you.

India demands Olympic Games security probe after imposter joins its team at Opening Ceremony parade

'Over-excited' volunteer led team through the Olympic stadium in London
She wore a red top and turquoise trousers while athletes were dressed in yellow turbans or saris
She shouldn't have been on the parade,' admits Lord Coe
Indian officials called for apology from Games organisers

Read more: Olympic Security 2012: India demands Games security probe after imposter joins its team at Opening Ceremony | Mail Online

Pity you allow yourself to be blinded by your political agenda. Had you read the reports you would know it wasn't a security issue. She was part of the opening ceromy's cast and was already in a sterile area. Even the Manager of the Indian team ackowledged that and said it wasn't a security breach:

Asked whether it was a security breach, Mr Raja said: 'I can't say that as she was in a sanitised zone, but this was bizarre. We will ask for an apology.

Olympic Security 2012: India demands Games security probe after imposter joins its team at Opening Ceremony | Mail Online

Not surprising though, that you would want to turn an ill-mannered intrusion into a full scale security breach. It's what you wingnuts do isn't it...distort the facts to fuel your agenda. I guess that's why you posted only the photo, without any of the reporting behind it. How predictably sad you are.

Last edited:

Pity you allow yourself to be blinded by your political agenda. Had you read the reports you would know it wasn't a security issue. She was part of the opening ceromy's cast and was already in a sterile area. Even the Manager of the Indian team ackowledged that and said it wasn't a security breach:

Asked whether it was a security breach, Mr Raja said: 'I can't say that as she was in a sanitised zone, but this was bizarre. We will ask for an apology.

Olympic Security 2012: India demands Games security probe after imposter joins its team at Opening Ceremony | Mail Online

Not surprising though, that you would want to turn an ill-mannered intrusion into a full scale security breach. It's what you wingnuts do isn't it...distort the facts to fuel your agenda. I guess that's why you posted only the photo, without any of the reporting behind it. How predictably sad you are.

Oh kiss my ass. Truly. Are you attempting to excuse this?

And by all means address the losing of the keys to Wembley. You go kid!!!! Give er!!

I remember Munich in 72. With my family we watched and we watched. And then we cried.

Don't lecture me. That woman should never have been with the athletes.

Fuck you and your political agenda that you can't grasp security issues and make light of this.

If a woman is overweight, and she knows it, and you know it, do you still walk up to her in the middle of a party and say it?

No.

True or not, Romney fucked up.

Romney just wants to be 100% honest and truthful. He'd tell the overweight woman to get her fat ass on a treadmill and stop eating before she causes a sinkhole.

Oh kiss my ass. Truly. Are you attempting to excuse this?

And by all means address the losing of the keys to Wembley. You go kid!!!! Give er!!

I remember Munich in 72. With my family we watched and we watched. And then we cried.

Don't lecture me. That woman should never have been with the athletes.

Fuck you and your political agenda that you can't grasp security issues and make light of this.

Tut, tut, is this a negging opportunity? What language! Luckily I don't go in for the Rep circle-jerk that's so rampant on the board. You're welcome! :tongue:

One of our company executives flew in last night from Heathrow. Because of the confusion generally caused by the poor planning, her plane's take off was delayed 8 hours. Not only was the plane delayed, but because of the ripple effect of olympic confusion, no one knew where the plane even WAS. It was completely off the arrival board at LAX. I called United who had no information. I called LAX and was told to call United. By the time the olympics in London are over, the city will be in shambles.

Forum List

Back