So Pro Lifers , are you willing to pay for this baby??

How should I know? I don't know what disease you had or anything about your situation. But I'd have definitely done something. I wouldn't have just rolled over and died without a fight. What would YOU have done, if you hadn't had insurance?
Obviously you have not thought much about it. Maybe you should. The fact is that I did have insurance because I was responsible enough to buy it. That was my choice. You sat that you would not have rolled over and died, but what choices did you have , really?

So you hadn't had insurance, you'd have just given up? You wouldn't have tried to arrange a loan? Setup a fundraiser? Tried to find an alternative (cheaper) cure? Nothing?

Also, let's be clear here, I'm not advocating making no preparations for one's health care. I'm just saying those preparations shouldn't be dictated by government. It's a personal decision.

Provided by the government. No one should have to fund raise to save their life That is just sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Provided by the government. No one should have to fund raise to save their life That is just sick!

??? That's what we all have to do.
It apparent that you and I have vastly different world views and concepts of freedom. You see government as controlling and oppressive, and to be sure it can be. Government is only as good as the people who are in charge, and right now, on the federal level, I too fear for our freedom. Minorities and economically vulnerable people are especially at risk of oppression . But it does not have to be that way and I'm hopeful and optimistic that it will pass.

I, personally do not fell oppressed or controlled even now. For me ,government is not constantly on my mind. It is not a conscious factor in my every day life. I don't fee that everything the I get from the government comes with a price tag that erodes my freedom . Conversely, a government that provides structure, stability and a safety net gives me freedom. It is there in the background when needed. This is why we will never agree even if we continue the bantering and prodding forever.

??? That's what we all have to do.
It apparent that you and I have vastly different world views and concepts of freedom. You see government as controlling and oppressive, and to be sure it can be.

Actually, that's not how I see it. Government is inherently coercive, and controlling - that's how it works - but it's not oppressive so long as it is limited in scope. This is where things are eroding. As government becomes more and more pervasive in our lives, politics become more and more caustic and divisive. The more government controls, the more important it is to control government. That's why every time some new regulatory scheme "cracks down" on corporate power, the lobbying pipeline is flooded with corporate cash. It's a racket. It's not freedom. And it's not democracy.

What works is COMMUNITY government and not FEDERAL BUREAUCRACY. The Federal government makes blanket laws --- it is ALL it can accomplish. The Community can set up and or quickly abolish laws that help (or that hurt) to foster the kind of community it desires and individuals have the freedom to gravitate towards communities they feel comfortable with --- interacting within their communities to bring about change.

The Federal government ruined the public school system by the elimination of spirituality and trying to substitute nationalism. Up until that time most communities had public schools second to no other country. If a kid needed a good wack he got it with the blessing of both parents and the community. Today many teachers don't even have the backing of the school board and the PTA doesn't really exist anymore.

With healthcare there are too many forms and lawsuits --- all the result of the Federal government taking over and trying to run our lives. They try to define "marriage", patriotism, education, and healthcare. And the reality is these elected officials get the best education for their families (and it isn't public), and the very best healthcare for themselves (and it isn't Obamacare). They don't have to associate with the common folk like you or me on a personal level, and so they have no idea what their interference has brought about outside their own La La Land.

Forum List

Back