So Pro Lifers , are you willing to pay for this baby??

The libertarian (ie morally correct) position: Pro-choice all the way. But you pay for your own God-damned abortion.
Good. You're pro choice. But like some pro life people who are not really pro life, I suspect that some pro choice people- especially those who identify as libertarians- are not really pro life either. Are you?

Where do you stand on the health care issue? Do you support programs and policies that help tp prevent unwanted pregnancies, and that help women and families of limited means actually provide for a child that they chose to bring to term?

Oh that makes a different, just anti abortion. I see. Why are you anti abortion then?

Im anti-abortion becayse I believe the choice to create a life or not is made at the time the parents engaged in the procreative act, not after the fact. I have no issue with contraception or abortion in cases where the woman had no choice in the act that impregnated her (rape especially). However, if she actively chose to engage in sex, she knew the potential consequences. Likewise, the father should be on the hook for at least half the expense of raising the child since he knew the consequences as well.

Now this varies from being pro-life as this is a protection of innocent life. Not all life is sacred. Innocent life and proper life are, but improper and immoral lives are not sacred.
What do you consider immoral and improper life?

The libertarian (ie morally correct) position: Pro-choice all the way. But you pay for your own God-damned abortion.
Good. You're pro choice. But like some pro life people who are not really pro life, I suspect that some pro choice people- especially those who identify as libertarians- are not really pro life either. Are you?

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Can you rephrase the question?

Do you support programs and policies that help tp prevent unwanted pregnancies, and that help women and families of limited means actually provide for a child that they chose to bring to term?

As long as they aren't government programs and policies.

Do you support programs and policies that help tp prevent unwanted pregnancies, and that help women and families of limited means actually provide for a child that they chose to bring to term?

Never mind, you answered the question. No government programs . No safety net that might provide a sense of security to someone who is grappling with the dilemma of whether or not to bring a child to term. You are not pro life any more than those who are anti-choice are.

Never mind, you answered the question. No government programs . No safety net that might provide a sense of security to someone who is grappling with the dilemma of whether or not to bring a child to term. You are not pro life any more than those who are anti-choice are.

Safety nets aren't such a bad thing. I just don't want government deciding which pregnancies should be prevented and which promoted. I think government should serve as the "referee" for society, not as its coach.

Safety nets aren't such a bad thing. I just don't want government deciding which pregnancies should be prevented and which promoted. I think government should serve as the "referee" for society, not as its coach.
You seem to be contradicting yourself. You alternately said " no gov. programs, then "Safety nets aren't such a bad thing"

When does the gov. decide which pregnancies should be prevented and which promoted.? The only thing that I can think of is when- as a matter of public policy- you girls who are not ready emotionally, or financially to have a child are encouraged to be careful . Call it coaching if you like. It's appropriate.

See previous post.
I quoted your post and that's what came up?

No, I am not willing to pay for her baby, her, her husband, her son, mailman, poolboy or anyone else. I want to buy insurance for healthy people because I've taken care of myself, like a good auto driver. If a doctor or hospital wants to take on a charity case they should be allowed to.

That baby was born with a heart condition, so you are not pro life?
Are you going to be honest, since you brought abortion into the situation, and state that the pro-abort position would be to destroy that baby's body before he/she was ever born?

I mean, you're talking about people taking God's position to decide if a child's life is worth spending a lot of money to save, while (apparently) ignoring those who play God by deciding a child's life will not be worth living before birth.

See previous post.

No, I am not willing to pay for her baby, her, her husband, her son, mailman, poolboy or anyone else. I want to buy insurance for healthy people because I've taken care of myself, like a good auto driver. If a doctor or hospital wants to take on a charity case they should be allowed to.

Are you going to be honest, since you brought abortion into the situation, and state that the pro-abort position would be to destroy that baby's body before he/she was ever born?

I mean, you're talking about people taking God's position to decide if a child's life is worth spending a lot of money to save, while (apparently) ignoring those who play God by deciding a child's life will not be worth living before birth.

I am pointing out the hypocrisy of pro lifers who are anti abortion.

See previous post.

That's not hypocrisy. What do you think about attempts to play God and decide if a person's life is worth living, without their input, of course?

See previous post.

What hypocrisy? And pro-life means anti abortion.

Isn't that the same, why are you anti abortion then?

It's not the same thing. A pro-life individual must also be against: self-defense, capital punishment, war, etc.... an anti-abortion proponent may or may not be against those things.

My anti-abortion sentiments come from my belief that the "choice" to potentially be a parent comes before conception, not after. If you willingly engage in sexual activities that can create life, you consent to potential parenthood... for BOTH genders. That's why my two exemptions are for cases of Rape (No consent to the impregnating act) - so long as the woman agrees to press charges and situations wgere the LIFE (not health) of the mother is in IMMEDIATE dangerr of ending.

You seem to be contradicting yourself. You alternately said " no gov. programs, then "Safety nets aren't such a bad thing"

I didn't say, "no government programs". I said that programs and polices that help prevent unwanted pregnancies are fine as long as they aren't government programs. In and of itself, a safety net is not much of a threat to liberty. The problem is that such programs tend to get used as a means of controlling people - as you're suggesting.

See previous post.

So you basically saying that those of us who are pro women's choice-not pro abortion- pro choice are hypocrites for taking the position that the child- if born should have every opportunity to live. Well , not nearly as hypocritical as those who claim to be prolife as in anti abortion, then are willing to abandon the child after birth,

I didn't say, "no government programs". I said that programs and polices that help prevent unwanted pregnancies are fine as long as they aren't government programs. In and of itself, a safety net is not much of a threat to liberty. The problem is that such programs tend to get used as a means of controlling people - as you're suggesting.
You most certainly did say "no government programs" That means no food stamps, no school lunches, no housing assistance, no health care etc. They are not controlling people. What controls people is the fear that they won't have enough to eat, wont get care or go bankrupt if they get seriously injured or sick, and having rats in an apartment in the slum.

Forum List

Back