So Precisely How Is A Question About Citizenship "Political"?

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
More of the usual nonsense.

“This untimely, unnecessary, and untested citizenship question will disrupt planning at a critical point, undermine years of painstaking preparation, and increase costs significantly, putting a successful, accurate count at risk,” Gupta, now the president and CEO of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, said in a statement. “The question is unnecessarily intrusive and will raise concerns in all households – native- and foreign-born, citizen and non-citizen – about the confidentiality of information provided to the government and how government authorities may use that information.”

Idiots. Citizenship status is not confidential.

Commerce Department Decides To Add A Question About Citizenship To 2020 Census | HuffPost

“This untimely, unnecessary, and untested citizenship question will disrupt planning at a critical point, undermine years of painstaking preparation, and increase costs significantly, putting a successful, accurate count at risk,” Gupta, now the president and CEO of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, said in a statement. “The question is unnecessarily intrusive and will raise concerns in all households – native- and foreign-born, citizen and non-citizen – about the confidentiality of information provided to the government and how government authorities may use that information.”

Commerce Department Decides To Add A Question About Citizenship To 2020 Census | HuffPost

Well, its not. There are various DHS checkpoints on I-10 etc where you are stopped and asked 'Are you an American Citizen'?

-Geaux

What are you doing even reading HuffPo?

Have you and Lakota all of a sudden become good friends? Or are you in fact the same poster, just posting threads from a different POV?

This is the most utter piece of crap source to post from.

See, here's the problem with the article, it spreads disinformation that needs to be stopped at the source, I see it EVERYWHERE in the MSM. They are spreading a false notion, it is the notion that undocumented immigrants even HAVE civil rights and civil liberties to begin with.

Let's examine the by-line of this propaganda, and we need not read on. . .

Civil rights groups say the question is untested and could depress response rates among minorities.

Although, Mr. Holder's tweet tells us all we need to know;

"Constitution does not require citizenship question. This is purely political. Trump Administration is trying to rig the 2020 Census (to protect gerrymandering) by intimidating people. Don’t be fooled-some states will unfairly lose funds and representation. We will sue. https://twitter.com/demredistrict/status/978490568182509569 …"

Undocumented immigrants DO NOT HAVE civil rights and civil liberties protected by the Constitution. Do Russian, Chinese, and Iranians have civil rights and civil liberties protected by our constitution? Of course not.

That is what these illegals are, they are citizens of foreign nations, covered by the laws of OTHER nations. They are only protected by the UN charter on HUMAN RIGHT, IOW, they only have HUMAN RIGHTS, that is all.

When Mr. Holder tweeted, what he was basically saying, was, with the addition of such a question, it will be harder to rig elections based on non-citizen representation.

I cannot stress enough, when ever the MSM feeds you bullshit about illegals being denied their "civil rights and civil liberties," remember, ONLY CITIZENS are covered by the Constitutional LAW. If a lawyer or a judge rules otherwise, they are a globalist. Our law is not to apply to foreigners.

Have you and Lakota all of a sudden become good friends? Or are you in fact the same poster, just posting threads from a different POV?

See, here's the problem with the article, it spreads disinformation that needs to be stopped at the source, I see it EVERYWHERE in the MSM. They are spreading a false notion, it is the notion that undocumented immigrants even HAVE civil rights and civil liberties to begin with.

Civil rights groups say the question is untested and could depress response rates among minorities.

"Constitution does not require citizenship question. This is purely political. Trump Administration is trying to rig the 2020 Census (to protect gerrymandering) by intimidating people. Don’t be fooled-some states will unfairly lose funds and representation. We will sue. https://twitter.com/demredistrict/status/978490568182509569 …"

Undocumented immigrants DO NOT HAVE civil rights and civil liberties protected by the Constitution. Do Russian, Chinese, and Iranians have civil rights and civil liberties protected by our constitution? Of course not.

That is what these illegals are, they are citizens of foreign nations, covered by the laws of OTHER nations. They are only protected by the UN charter on HUMAN RIGHT, IOW, they only have HUMAN RIGHTS, that is all.

When Mr. Holder tweeted, what he was basically saying, was, with the addition of such a question, it will be harder to rig elections based on non-citizen representation.

I cannot stress enough, when ever the MSM feeds you bullshit about illegals being denied their "civil rights and civil liberties," remember, ONLY CITIZENS are covered by the Constitutional LAW. If a lawyer or a judge rules otherwise, they are a globalist. Our law is not to apply to foreigners.
Wrong....
Anyone living on our soil has the same civil rights as citizens, UNLESS they have diplomatic immunity......

The courts settled this already Mr. Bealle?

I can understand both sides on this issue.

Yes, it is for political purpose and the Constitution does not require it and no one has ever required it....

and if it is instituted, then people who have undocummented people in their household will simply not give an accurate account of how many people are in their household....and America/ the USA will not have an accurate account of how many people are living in this country....

Or, what's to prevent them from lying?

Is the government going to hire a thousand people to somehow verify it?

It would help us, the Democrats, in states like Texas and Florida and Arizona, Arkansas etc, if the illegals were removed or not counted in the census for the purpose of Congressional districts, which is based on census population....if they only count citizens in the census then these red states will have fewer Representatives than they have now....they get a representative for every 700,000 citizens or so.....though Democrats would lose a few representative positions as well in California....

Dems just want more EC votes for their shit holes.
Nothing unconstitutional about it.

2.5 to 3 million illegals in California, near all the rest of the 11 to 20 million are in "Red States".... :rolleyes:

But note, the Constitution does not state that each state gets a representative in congress for every "X" amount of citizens in their States....it says PEOPLE in their State.....

2.5 to 3 million illegals in California, near all the rest of the 11 to 20 million are in "Red States".... :rolleyes:

But note, the Constitution does not state that each state gets a representative in congress for every "X" amount of citizens in their States....it says PEOPLE in their State.....
:rofl:

Well, it says to draw the congressional representation from the census population every 10 years....and the census population according to the Constitution, was for every person in the State.... (that means legal or illegal...)

I read far more leftist material than I do material that already agrees with me. I need no reinforcement of my beliefs.

I find it important and wise to know what the loony opposition is thinking. Early warnings can stave off a host of mischief.

This, ladies and germs, is a liberal snowflake.

Your notions about the law are in error.

Morning, Billy. I think the political tag is because people who are not citizens, even green card citizens, feel as though it is the same as painting a target on their back. There are so many instances of people being deported even though they've done everything right, families pulled apart, etc. Trump keeps talking about M13, but what's being done about this nasty bunch. All I've seen is the use of their nastiness as a cudgel against non-M13 immigrants, but no culling of their ranks, while the good guys get grabbed up by the truckload. Trump NEEDS them to keep you boiling. However, if the census questionnaire is not answered truthfully, the census will not be accurate. And if not accurate, why do it? Save that money for a military parade or a wall somebody else ain't paying for or something!

Morning, Billy. I think the political tag is because people who are not citizens, even green card citizens, feel as though it is the same as painting a target on their back. There are so many instances of people being deported even though they've done everything right, families pulled apart, etc. Trump keeps talking about M13, but what's being done about this nasty bunch. All I've seen is the use of their nastiness as a cudgel against non-M13 immigrants, but no culling of their ranks, while the good guys get grabbed up by the truckload. Trump NEEDS them to keep you boiling. However, if the census questionnaire is not answered truthfully, the census will not be accurate. And if not accurate, why do it? Save that money for a military parade or a wall somebody else ain't paying for or something!

There have been raids against suspected gang members in major cities several times this year already. If you bother to look into the stories of “good guys” being picked up, you almost always come to some criminal activity that brought attention to them.

Well, it says to draw the congressional representation from the census population every 10 years....and the census population according to the Constitution, was for every person in the State.... (that means legal or illegal...)
Yes, i am so sure... #TouristLivesMatter :rolleyes:
"free persons" i totally see how you can count illegal aliens in that LOL

Good guy or bad, none is entitled to be here illegally. Period.

Oh, and good morning.

Wrong....
Anyone living on our soil has the same civil rights as citizens, UNLESS they have diplomatic immunity......

Thank you. I did some further research into the parsing of the language, you are correct. As long as they are on the soil of the nation, they are protected.

Constitutional Rights for Non-Citizens? - Ricochet

Your notions about the law are in error.

Yes, I did some further clarification. Thank you.

None the less, perhaps the law needs to be further clarified.

How long will it be till an illegal claims to be disenfranchised?

In my search to clarify, I actually came across an article from Polifact which was so horrendous as to make a person want to vomit.

Is being in the United States unlawfully a 'crime'?

Good guy or bad, none is entitled to be here illegally. Period.

Oh, and good morning.

Read that polifact link, apparently they aren't here, "illegally." :21:

(It is a "civil infraction." At most they are guilty of entering illegally. Isn't that some shit?)

Wrong....

Thank you. I did some further research into the parsing of the language, you are correct. As long as they are on the soil of the nation, they are protected.

Constitutional Rights for Non-Citizens? - Ricochet

Absolutely, but that may need a change. Under the current circumstances of a smaller planet, no real enforcement of borders and a smouldering war of civilizations, we could lose control of things very fast.

Forum List

Back