So on Monday Letitia James can grab Trump's empire? (Poll)

So what are Trump's options?

• Tell Letitia James if she drops the charges he'll drop out of the 2024 race?

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Let Letitia James take all of his property?

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Appeal to every court he can think of to get a delay until his appeals are processed?

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Keep cool knowing that when he is elected president he can settle the score...

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Other options...see my post.

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
No one is "stealing" property, of course.

The guilty party has been assesses a penalty for his fraud, and the court is being lenient in allowing more time and a significantly lower bond.

The court found that he engaged in years of fraud to falsely inflate his net worth and unjustly enrich himself, his family, and his organization.

His whining is irrelevant. He is not above the law as his worshipers insist.
/——/ There was no fraud. Deal with it.

1. Agreed, deed restrictions may affect the market price. In 1981 MAL was worth $10m after asking $20m.
2. In 2011 it was assessed at $27.6m. That has zero to do with market value.
3. In 2024 the Trumps said its worth $400m to $600m, up to $1b.
4. Forbes put the market value closer to $325m. If the Trumps are asking $1b that's where negotiations start.
Earlier this year, Forbes estimated the property is worth a more generous $325 million, after reviewing its financial history and consulting eight real estate experts.
Evidence at trial showed that Trump was valuing the property as though it had no deed restrictions.

If you materially alter facts that affect valuations, that is fraud.

Like when he inflated the square footage of his apartment.

Like when he ignored the rent stabilization of his apartments.

Like when he pretended that he didn’t have an easement in an estate.

The problem is deed restrictions DO matter if they restrict what you can do with the property.
He can't subdivide it and build on them.
He can't tear down the Post House and build a more modern facility.
Mar-a-Lago is a white elephant that can only be used for certain, largely unprofitable, purposes.
1. Deed restrictions may matter, depends on the buyers intentions.
2. If you think MAL is unprofitable you need to do more research.

Evidence at trial showed that Trump was valuing the property as though it had no deed restrictions.
If you materially alter facts that affect valuations, that is fraud.
Like when he inflated the square footage of his apartment.
Like when he ignored the rent stabilization of his apartments.
Like when he pretended that he didn’t have an easement in an estate.
1. Trump can value the property at whatever he wants to. Its called an "asking price". FL has a free market, Caveat Emptor, do your own research.
2. Bullshit fraud. In FL its Caveat Emptor.
3. Buyers need to do what is called "due diligence", its called Caveat Emptor.

1. Trump can value the property at whatever he wants to. Its called an "asking price". FL has a free market, Caveat Emptor, do your own research.
2. Bullshit fraud. In FL its Caveat Emptor.
3. Buyers need to do what is called "due diligence", it’s called Caveat Emptor.
No, you cannot value the property however you want to. Material misrepresentations are illegal. That’s important because the economy functions better when there are rules that people cant make shit up.

If I sell you a fake Rolex that I say is real, wouldn’t you agree that‘s fraud?

Given Trump's long history of fraud, it would be hard to believe it is profitable.
You can type an unqualified opinion with no proof, meh. We'll see what happens with his DJT stock...

1711384624411.png

No, you cannot value the property however you want to. Material misrepresentations are illegal. That’s important because the economy functions better when there are rules that people cant make shit up. If I sell you a fake Rolex that I say is real, wouldn’t you agree that‘s fraud?
Post the FL law that says property asking prices need to be based on________________.

No, you cannot value the property however you want to. Material misrepresentations are illegal. That’s important because the economy functions better when there are rules that people cant make shit up.

If I sell you a fake Rolex that I say is real, wouldn’t you agree that‘s fraud?
/——/ What fake property did Trump sell? You’re just pulling crap out of your azz.

Post the FL law that says property asking prices need to be based on________________.
Are you saying fraud is legal in Florida?

Not sure why Florida is the topic, since this happened in New York.

The banks that loaned him the money and were paid back early disagree.
The bank said they believed Trump was being accurate about the valuations and did not double check them.

They never said the valuations were accurate.

175 million?

Chump change!

Or should I say “Trump Change?”

This is what Trump means by the art of the deal. Instead of pumping up his ego and bragging about how easy you would be to pay the half billion dollar fine, he acts like they really stuck it to him and gets it reduced.

Those negotiating skills just saved him over $300 million. Democrats, what’s the most money you’ve ever saved in your lifetimes?

I see nothing to disagree with in that post.

My disagreement is with the judge’s weasel construction of his valuation of the property.

Because at how much does the judge value MAL? I asked the OP that question and he seems to be stumped.

In order to say that someone overvalued a property fraudulently, you should be able to name the actual value with some evidence of that valuation.
Palm Beach County did the assessment fuckup

Are you saying fraud is legal in Florida?

Not sure why Florida is the topic, since this happened in New York.
1. I'm saying there is a difference between fraud and normal business practices. Bernie Madoff committed fraud by swindling investors. Trump did not commit fraud. Every property was open for viewing and subject to repricing if the value was in dispute.

2. FL is the topic because the value of MAL is being debated. Ogeron said Trump overpriced MAL by 2,300%, implying deception and criminality. My point being that in FL you can price your asset freely and the buyer or lender will negotiate that price with the owner. They either agree to a deal or they don't . In FL the STATE does not arbitrarily accuse owners of criminality by setting their asking price above what the STATE thinks it should be.

175 million?

Chump change!

Or should I say “Trump Change?”

This is what Trump means by the art of the deal. Instead of pumping up his ego and bragging about how easy you would be to pay the half billion dollar fine, he acts like they really stuck it to him and gets it reduced.

Those negotiating skills just saved him over $300 million. Democrats, what’s the most you’ve ever saved in your lifetimes?
Palm Beach County did the assessment fuckup
Palm Beach County is not the judge in that case.

The valuations were fake because he lied about the nature of the properties.

The point here is that you can claim whatever you want because ”caveat emptor”.
/——/ How did he lie about the nature of the prop? Did he say it was a wildlife preserve?

Forum List

Back