DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Think this crap will ever end?

Picture1-975x576.png

CAMPUS NEWS
PITZER COLLEGE RA: WHITE PEOPLE CAN’T WEAR HOOP EARRINGS

A wall on the side of a dormitory at Pitzer College devoted to unmoderated free speech through art (colloquially named “the free wall”), was recently painted by a group of Latino students who wrote the message, “White Girl, take off your [hoop earrings]!!!”

When one white student expressed confusion about the message, Alegria Martinez (PZ ’18) – a Pitzer College Resident Assistant (RA) and active member of the “Latinx Student Union” – responded in an email thread sent to the entire student body: “[T]he art was created by myself and a few other WOC [women of color] after being tired and annoyed with the reoccuring [sic] theme of white women appropriating styles … that belong to the black and brown folks who created the culture. The culture actually comes from a historical background of oppression and exclusion. The black and brown bodies who typically wear hooped earrings, (and other accessories like winged eyeliner, gold name plate necklaces, etc) are typically viewed as ghetto, and are not taken seriously by others in their daily lives. Because of this, I see our winged eyeliner, lined lips, and big hoop earrings serving as symbols [and] as an everyday act of resistance, especially here at the Claremont Colleges. Meanwhile we wonder, why should white girls be able to take part in this culture (wearing hoop earrings just being one case of it) and be seen as cute/aesthetic/ethnic. White people have actually exploited the culture and made it into fashion.”

Jacquelyn Aguilera (PZ ’19), another student claiming credit for the spray-painted message, responded to the school-wide email thread, “If you didn’t create the culture as a coping mechanism for marginalization, take off those hoops, if your feminism isn’t intersectional take off those hoops, if you try to wear mi cultura when the creators can no longer afford it, take off those hoops, if you are incapable of using a search engine and expect other people to educate you, take off those hoops, if you can’t pronounce my name or spell it … take off those hoops / I use “those” instead of “your” because hoops were never “yours” to begin with.” Aguilera attached an image of herself and the others who spray-painted the wall exposing their own hoop earrings.

Pitzer College RA: White People Can’t Wear Hoop Earrings | The Claremont Independent

Um, is there an actual issue here? I despise Islam as the new form of Kool-Aid. Sharia law violates the separation of church and state. So why are liberals so pro-Islam when they despise western religion?

Quit using computers. You are appropriating my culture when you do that. Also, you cant have phones, tvs, radios, nor can you ride in cars or planes, and at no point should you ever use any kind of GPS device. We will however let you use microwaves, even though those were also created by my people.

Um, is there an actual issue here? I despise Islam as the new form of Kool-Aid. Sharia law violates the separation of church and state. So why are liberals so pro-Islam when they despise western religion?
What does loop earrings have anything to do with what you are propagating?

They're stupid.

Picture1-975x576.png

CAMPUS NEWS
PITZER COLLEGE RA: WHITE PEOPLE CAN’T WEAR HOOP EARRINGS

A wall on the side of a dormitory at Pitzer College devoted to unmoderated free speech through art (colloquially named “the free wall”), was recently painted by a group of Latino students who wrote the message, “White Girl, take off your [hoop earrings]!!!”

When one white student expressed confusion about the message, Alegria Martinez (PZ ’18) – a Pitzer College Resident Assistant (RA) and active member of the “Latinx Student Union” – responded in an email thread sent to the entire student body: “[T]he art was created by myself and a few other WOC [women of color] after being tired and annoyed with the reoccuring [sic] theme of white women appropriating styles … that belong to the black and brown folks who created the culture. The culture actually comes from a historical background of oppression and exclusion. The black and brown bodies who typically wear hooped earrings, (and other accessories like winged eyeliner, gold name plate necklaces, etc) are typically viewed as ghetto, and are not taken seriously by others in their daily lives. Because of this, I see our winged eyeliner, lined lips, and big hoop earrings serving as symbols [and] as an everyday act of resistance, especially here at the Claremont Colleges. Meanwhile we wonder, why should white girls be able to take part in this culture (wearing hoop earrings just being one case of it) and be seen as cute/aesthetic/ethnic. White people have actually exploited the culture and made it into fashion.”

Jacquelyn Aguilera (PZ ’19), another student claiming credit for the spray-painted message, responded to the school-wide email thread, “If you didn’t create the culture as a coping mechanism for marginalization, take off those hoops, if your feminism isn’t intersectional take off those hoops, if you try to wear mi cultura when the creators can no longer afford it, take off those hoops, if you are incapable of using a search engine and expect other people to educate you, take off those hoops, if you can’t pronounce my name or spell it … take off those hoops / I use “those” instead of “your” because hoops were never “yours” to begin with.” Aguilera attached an image of herself and the others who spray-painted the wall exposing their own hoop earrings.

Pitzer College RA: White People Can’t Wear Hoop Earrings | The Claremont Independent

Putting THIS MAN out of a job.

john-candy-planes-4.jpg

Quit using computers. You are appropriating my culture when you do that. Also, you cant have phones, tvs, radios, nor can you ride in cars or planes, and at no point should you ever use any kind of GPS device. We will however let you use microwaves, even though those were also created by my people.
And they need to die at age 35. Whitey gave them a long life.

Nope.

Because blacks, whites, brown, yellow, red and everything in between will always find things to fight about. People like the OP will always make sure of that - just like those VERY FEW who wrote the opinion piece.

Keep mixing and stirring. Its really all your're good for.

I'm offended every time a black or brown person uses the English language!
Stop appropriating my culture!!!

I'm offended every time a black or brown person uses the English language!
Stop appropriating my culture!!!

You dummy. Your ancestors appropriated the English language.

Funny how you brainless, anti-America RWNJs are so quick to call liberals/Dems "snowflakes" but you're the ones who are always ever so terribly "offended".

Grow up and get it through your head that the whole world doesn't have to bow down your every little whim.

They are scared of Muslims.

That's right. If you aren't Sumerian then take that shit off. OIC......

Well, if you aren't Greek or Roman then take that shit off..............

oh, no wait.......that can't be right.

Last edited:
It isn't only hoop earrings, they take issue with eyeliner too.

They are getting seriously insane.

Forum List

Back