So my dog...

There is still a dent in my yard where my dog of 20 years would roll. I don't know why, but it was her favorite place and it's just grass there. I miss my dog....

Get a new one. Might roll in exactly the same place.

Wouldn't be Snoopy. Someday, if the right dog comes along, I'll get another one, but I'm not gonna go out to try to replace Snoopy, it just can't be done. That dog...I thought she was stupid when we first got her. I'd throw the ball and she'd just look at me. <what? If you wanted the ball, why'd you throw it? You threw it, you go get it> We tried and tried to no avail. Then one day, I was watching out the back and my youngest, severely autistic son was trying to climb the fence. Snoopy grabbed him by his jacket and pulled him down. She would not let him out of that yard. She became a self taught service dog. Andrew decided one day he was gonna climb the fence so he came and opened the door for the dog to come in, but she stayed outside. Then Andrew stepped in, Snoopy followed him and he squeezed out the door and ran to the fence. Meanwhile, Snoopy is barking up a storm, telling on him.

They became the best of friends. There's a trail against the back fence where they would walk back and forth, back and forth, the two of them.

Nope, no dog can replace Snoopy.

I know how you feel. I have five dogs and seven cats. Eight of these animals are rescues. Two of the dogs are Dobermans that I got when they were only 6 weeks old. Greta, one of the Dobermans, is my special dog. I love that dog so much I think we knew each other in a past life or something. I have looked her right in the eyes and asked, "Greta...who ARE you?" She sleeps right by me every night. I love the others and take very good care of them, but Greta is something special. She's nine years old now. I want to outlive her so that I can make sure she has he very best of care her entire life. But when I lose her it's about gonna kill me. I hope before she dies she teaches me how to live without her.

Forum List

Back