So my dog...

April

AngelsNDemons
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2012
Heaven and Hell
...get's loose and is gone doing whatever a dog does when they escape...even rolling in some strange dogs poop before she decided she was too wore out from us chasing her and let us grab her....WHY do dogs roll in poop??

...get's loose and is gone doing whatever a dog does when they escape...even rolling in some strange dogs poop before she decided she was too wore out from us chasing her and let us grab her....WHY do dogs roll in poop??

To cover up their own scent. It allows them to blend in and not be distinctive: Olfactory camouflage AFAIK.

To cover up their own scent. It allows them to blend in and not be distinctive: Olfactory camouflage AFAIK.

Aha...thank you. :)

My dogs have always wanted to roll on dead things. Like birds and roadkill squirrels and stuff.

There is still a dent in my yard where my dog of 20 years would roll. I don't know why, but it was her favorite place and it's just grass there. I miss my dog....

There is still a dent in my yard where my dog of 20 years would roll. I don't know why, but it was her favorite place and it's just grass there. I miss my dog....

Get a new one. Might roll in exactly the same place.

Wouldn't be Snoopy. Someday, if the right dog comes along, I'll get another one, but I'm not gonna go out to try to replace Snoopy, it just can't be done. That dog...I thought she was stupid when we first got her. I'd throw the ball and she'd just look at me. <what? If you wanted the ball, why'd you throw it? You threw it, you go get it> We tried and tried to no avail. Then one day, I was watching out the back and my youngest, severely autistic son was trying to climb the fence. Snoopy grabbed him by his jacket and pulled him down. She would not let him out of that yard. She became a self taught service dog. Andrew decided one day he was gonna climb the fence so he came and opened the door for the dog to come in, but she stayed outside. Then Andrew stepped in, Snoopy followed him and he squeezed out the door and ran to the fence. Meanwhile, Snoopy is barking up a storm, telling on him.

They became the best of friends. There's a trail against the back fence where they would walk back and forth, back and forth, the two of them.

Nope, no dog can replace Snoopy.

Wow, 20 years...and I know how it feels to miss a pet.
But don't worry...she's still around, watching over you. :):eusa_angel:

Get a new one. Might roll in exactly the same place.

Wouldn't be Snoopy. Someday, if the right dog comes along, I'll get another one, but I'm not gonna go out to try to replace Snoopy, it just can't be done. That dog...I thought she was stupid when we first got her. I'd throw the ball and she'd just look at me. <what? If you wanted the ball, why'd you throw it? You threw it, you go get it> We tried and tried to no avail. Then one day, I was watching out the back and my youngest, severely autistic son was trying to climb the fence. Snoopy grabbed him by his jacket and pulled him down. She would not let him out of that yard. She became a self taught service dog. Andrew decided one day he was gonna climb the fence so he came and opened the door for the dog to come in, but she stayed outside. Then Andrew stepped in, Snoopy followed him and he squeezed out the door and ran to the fence. Meanwhile, Snoopy is barking up a storm, telling on him.

They became the best of friends. There's a trail against the back fence where they would walk back and forth, back and forth, the two of them.

Nope, no dog can replace Snoopy.

Awww..my heart &#9829; and sweaty eyeballs&#9829;

I have 14 dogs currently. I try to save as many as I can after they have been abused, discarded and dumped down the road from our farm I try to find homes and at one time had 30. I have many die in my arms caring for them and each one I still lament the loss, I try to learn how to love unconditionally as they teach me about unconditional loved. I resue birds, possuims, racoons, frogs, turtles, just about anything tht needs a hand, maybe even a human if they aren't to dangerous.

We had our cat 20 years too. This is the longest I've been petless in my life. Not sure how long I can stand it. I'm wanting a calico kitty real bad.

We had our cat 20 years too. This is the longest I've been petless in my life. Not sure how long I can stand it. I'm wanting a calico kitty real bad.

Calicos are sooo pretty..especially the short hairs, they have real deep markings like those of a painting with a black background..the oranges and reds and patches and swirls..just beautiful.
Hope you find one soon. &#9829;

I have 14 dogs currently. I try to save as many as I can after they have been abused, discarded and dumped down the road from our farm I try to find homes and at one time had 30. I have many die in my arms caring for them and each one I still lament the loss, I try to learn how to love unconditionally as they teach me about unconditional loved. I resue birds, possuims, racoons, frogs, turtles, just about anything tht needs a hand, maybe even a human if they aren't to dangerous.

You're a good soul Mr. Moon...&#9829;

I thought this was interesting..."The aroma emitted from a dog’s butt tells other dogs vital information about him. It tells his sex, health status and temperament. Therefore, on a first meeting, two unacquainted dogs know if they want to befriend each other or not. So what does that mean to us? We need to trust our dog’s instincts."

Anatomy_and_physiology_of_animals_Section_through_head_of_a_dog.jpg

Why Dogs Sniff Each Other's Butts - National Dogs

I thought this was interesting..."The aroma emitted from a dog’s butt tells other dogs vital information about him. It tells his sex, health status and temperament. Therefore, on a first meeting, two unacquainted dogs know if they want to befriend each other or not. So what does that mean to us? We need to trust our dog’s instincts."

Anatomy_and_physiology_of_animals_Section_through_head_of_a_dog.jpg

Why Dogs Sniff Each Other's Butts - National Dogs

Very informative...thank you. :up:

Forum List

Back