So much for Obama care

Medicare went into effect in 1966. The RW said that were were all being taken over by commies. I was just starting my insurance career. it was about I971 when the RW finally got over it.

I'm starting a pool for the person who guesses the last month and year that an anti-ACA thread is started on this board.

Oh there is little doubt as to why anyone associated with Health Care insurance is in love with ACA. And yes, you are right, eventually all pain goes away even if the ailment does not.

Well, actually, I have been observing Medicare for the 49 years that it has been in effect. It was opposed by everyone under 40 at the time. Then, those under 40 became eligible for it and dropped their opposition. The younger people joining the work force didn't think anything about it, for the most part, but came to appreciate it when employers stopped providing insurance for retirees. Therefore, only nuts are opposed to it now. Since employers are also going to stop providing health insurance for employers over the next 15 years, the same thing will happen with ACA

OMG medicare was started to save the health care insurance companies.
They didn't want to cover the high priced seniors and the seniors couldn't afford the premiums. Now one would think that with ACA there is no need for medicare since old age could be considered a pre-condition. But in reality the government doesn't provide healthcare insurance they just pay the premiums at a rate they so decide. usually if the hospital takes the rate quote, which they usually do then great but when they don't the patient picks up the rest.

Is this a claim you are making ? If so, please provide some support.

From the following site:

Medicare was created in 1965 when people over 65 found it virtually impossible to get private health insurance coverage. Medicare has made access to health care a universal right for Americans once they reach age 65. This has helped improve the health and longevity of older Americans.

What is the History of Medicare National Academy of Social Insurance

I see the bills of my father and on everyone of them will be a charge by the doctor, then an amount that the healthcare company he has is willing to pay under medicare, and then the difference which he is expected to pay. Usually it is nothing but not always.

"those lies and falsehoods on the forefront for consideration come election time" about which Sun Devil talks is not coming from the government.

Check all the facts.

Fact one, more people are covered more than ever, including more than ten million for the first time with ACA or Medicaid.

Fact two, heath care cost inflation continues to flatten.

Fact three, the health care companies are happy as clams the way things have turned out.

Quote from the linked article:

Some say the marketplaces have not attracted enough healthy young people. “As a result, millions of people will face Obamacare sticker shock,” said Senator John Barrasso, Republican of Wyoming.

Isn't that exactly what was predicted to happen? The health insurance companies, whose stocks are skyrocketing even faster then SCOTUSCARE are surpised that those who needed the insurance signed up and those who don't did not? Wow and these people use actuary tables.

In my opinion this was part of the scam. If I could figure out that the young and healthy would not sign up then the insurance companies did also. But it didn't matter, they knew once in place they could jack the prices up and the people could do nothing about it. What Obama suggest doing is in line with telling us all to pack it, too bad for you. Nananabooboo.

You can not attract young people when they can stay on their parents insurance until they are 26..Another reason you can not attract young people is because of the premiums they have to pay, it is cheaper to pay the penalty and be covered than pay the outrageous premiums..

Yeppers, exactly what was said before ACA was shoved onto the American people. But the insurance companies and drug companies are happy making money hand over fist so things aren't that bad. :(

Well since they hand in it's deign it is no wonder that bi pharmacy is making huge profits and able to price fix the market.

But the far left was for this, that is why you do not ever see them complain about it..

"those lies and falsehoods on the forefront for consideration come election time" about which Sun Devil talks is not coming from the government.

Check all the facts.

Fact one, more people are covered more than ever, including more than ten million for the first time with ACA or Medicaid.

Fact two, heath care cost inflation continues to flatten.

Fact three, the health care companies are happy as clams the way things have turned out.

See how the far left spins this to fit their agenda..

Even the CBO showed that when Obamacare was fully implemented that 30 million people would still be without health coverage. You know the whole reason why the law was passed to cover all those 30 million people who did not have it.

Medicare went into effect in 1966. The RW said that were were all being taken over by commies. I was just starting my insurance career. it was about I971 when the RW finally got over it.

I'm starting a pool for the person who guesses the last month and year that an anti-ACA thread is started on this board.

Oh there is little doubt as to why anyone associated with Health Care insurance is in love with ACA. And yes, you are right, eventually all pain goes away even if the ailment does not.

Well, actually, I have been observing Medicare for the 49 years that it has been in effect. It was opposed by everyone under 40 at the time. Then, those under 40 became eligible for it and dropped their opposition. The younger people joining the work force didn't think anything about it, for the most part, but came to appreciate it when employers stopped providing insurance for retirees. Therefore, only nuts are opposed to it now. Since employers are also going to stop providing health insurance for employers over the next 15 years, the same thing will happen with ACA

OMG medicare was started to save the health care insurance companies. They didn't want to cover the high priced seniors and the seniors couldn't afford the premiums. Now one would think that with ACA there is no need for medicare since old age could be considered a pre-condition. But in reality the government doesn't provide healthcare insurance they just pay the premiums at a rate they so decide. usually if the hospital takes the rate quote, which they usually do then great but when they don't the patient picks up the rest.

Under Medicare, a hospital is contractually prohibited from charging a patient with Medicare any more than the deductible under Medicare, for covered charges. if they don't like that arrangement, they can decline to accept medicare patients.

Hmmm, I wonder why my dad gets billed, interesting I guess I better pay more attention.

They would have to be for things that are not covered by medicare.

Quote from the linked article:

Some say the marketplaces have not attracted enough healthy young people. “As a result, millions of people will face Obamacare sticker shock,” said Senator John Barrasso, Republican of Wyoming.

Isn't that exactly what was predicted to happen? The health insurance companies, whose stocks are skyrocketing even faster then SCOTUSCARE are surpised that those who needed the insurance signed up and those who don't did not? Wow and these people use actuary tables.

In my opinion this was part of the scam. If I could figure out that the young and healthy would not sign up then the insurance companies did also. But it didn't matter, they knew once in place they could jack the prices up and the people could do nothing about it. What Obama suggest doing is in line with telling us all to pack it, too bad for you. Nananabooboo.

You can not attract young people when they can stay on their parents insurance until they are 26..Another reason you can not attract young people is because of the premiums they have to pay, it is cheaper to pay the penalty and be covered than pay the outrageous premiums..

Yeppers, exactly what was said before ACA was shoved onto the American people. But the insurance companies and drug companies are happy making money hand over fist so things aren't that bad. :(

Well since they hand in it's deign it is no wonder that bi pharmacy is making huge profits and able to price fix the market.

But the far left was for this, that is why you do not ever see them complain about it..

I'm from the left, and I don't mind at all. Anything that is not mostly covered by Medicare pharmacy (added to Medicare by Baby Bush, at no additional cost) I buy from Canada through the mail, where they have socialized medicine and reasonable prices.

Forum List

Back