So many taxes!

Itsmethatguy

May 20, 2009
So its been a little while since we kicked the british out and named this land the United States of America. People wanted freedom, freedom of religion, and to get away from those crazy, high, taxes. Well a lot has changed since then. We can pray to whatever god we want to, do just about anything we please, and no longer have to worry about those crazy taxes....oh wait no the crazy taxes are still around.

I understand that as a country, taxes are a necessary, but to be taxed on everything, now I think thats a little much. We get taxed on our pay, purchasing items at the store, inheritance, our property, hell we get taxed on everything. The only thing different now is we have taxation with representation.

So is it important or necessary to tax us on everything? No, of course not. Do they NEED to tax us on everything, no (if our state and congress wouldnt spend money on wasteful projects), but will they tax us on everying, yes.

So why arent we throwing crates of tea into the ocean as a protest? Cause we as Americans just dont want to deal with the trouble right? Or someone else will do it. I mean come on people we work hard 40+ hours a week, and the government comes in and takes a good chunk out of our pay, and they didnt do a damn thing for it. Or a family member dies, leaves everything they have worked so hard for to leave for the ones left behind, and the governments fat fingers takes a disgusting amount out of it. Hmmm sounds like a mafia operation to me. Why not a flat tax. Why cant we decide what is fair to give out, or to pay it all up front? Yes maybe even leave the state sales tax, but cut it in half.

I was once told that we pay all these taxes cause the government allows us to live here, they provide the security, and such. Ppfffttt do they not realize that it's American people that are in our military? If anything the government should be lucky to have us here.

I say we push for a flat tax, mold the tax plan so, 1, we see where our taxes are really going (like a government website that shows how each dollar is spent), 2, mold it so it fits not just the government, but the people too, and 3, so its fair for every economic class.

Well thats just my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
Itsmethatguy - I agree with you. I'd like a flat tax too. Is that what you're calling a national sales tax in lieu of all other taxes? I'd go for that if it was reasonable. That way, no matter who you were, or what your station was in life, we'd all be paying the same amount of tax. If you didn't want to pay any taxes, simple solution. Just don't buy anything.

Another thought comes from the comedian/songwriter, Ray Stevens. In one of his songs he makes the following statement about taxes: "If 10% is good enough for Jesus, it should be good for me!" Even if we could just pay the Feds 10%, and another 10% to the State, we'd be better off than we are now. That is, unless you're one of those who don't pay any taxes at all.

See the problem is to get everyone on board, that would be the only way to pass this thing. and its sad but the government does not want it that way.

Forum List

Back