So let me get this pipeline shit straight

Obama says no pipeline because.....

1. He wants to get oil from unstable nations
2. He wants to protect a few thousand lizards who apparently wouldn't understand how to crawl under or over a fucking pipe.
3. He likes gasoline prices at 3 dollars compared to 1.83 when he took office.
4. Apparently some deer are incapable of living on one side of the pipe over the other.
5. We haven't lost enough to China yet.
6. He doesn't want the states involved to make the extra revenue.
7. 20k + jobs is just a laughing stock
8. Wants to save a few sand dunes in Nebraska.
9. Says the gop gave him too short a deadline despite this being in the works and studied for years.
10. God I really despise Obama.

Ps. We have 10's of thousands of miles of pipelines currently in use in this country without major incident. There really is NO EXCUSE for this kind of ineptness.

http://www.theodora.com/pipelines/united_states_pipelines_map.jpg

In late November of last year, Nebraska lawmakers UNANIMOUSLY voted to have the route of the pipeline changed so it wouldn't run over the ogallala aquifer. The bill was signed by Neb Governor, Dave Heineman, a Republican. This SHOULD be understandable to everyone since Neb is a state where agriculture is king, and the underground aquifer is the source of water for crop irrigation.

wsci_03_img0397.jpg

Rerouting the pipeline necessitated time to do environmental impact studies as well as planning for an alternate route. This work can't be done in 2-3 months, especially considering that it was a last minute requirement that happened over the holiday season.

House Republicans wanted for force the president to approve the deal even though the necessary work couldn't be completed in time. Or maybe they actually wanted to force him to cancel the project because they knew that 2-3 months wasn't enough time to do the necessary work to finalize plans for an alternate route.

You might as well stop. You are talking to tards. The OP started off with, "Ps. We have 10's of thousands of miles of pipelines currently in use in this country without major incident. There really is NO EXCUSE for this kind of ineptness."

So I do a Google search and the FIRST of two million starts off with a recent major spill in YellowStone Park, which I linked to, of course.

Republicans have said this pipeline will create anywhere from 20,000 (John Boehner) to a million (Fox News). Independent studies shows, at most, 65 hundred.

This thread has everything. Tard, lies, stupid. This one is a "fail". Worse, they think they are being so insightful and intelligent. Seeing a problem clearly that no one else really understands. Reminds me of "My Favorite Color is Potato".

2. He wants to protect a few thousand lizards who apparently wouldn't understand how to crawl under or over a fucking pipe.
4. Apparently some deer are incapable of living on one side of the pipe over the other.
9. Says the gop gave him too short a deadline despite this being in the works and studied for years.

Ps. We have 10's of thousands of miles of pipelines currently in use in this country without major incident. There really is NO EXCUSE for this kind of ineptness.

In late November of last year, Nebraska lawmakers UNANIMOUSLY voted to have the route of the pipeline changed so it wouldn't run over the ogallala aquifer. The bill was signed by Neb Governor, Dave Heineman, a Republican. This SHOULD be understandable to everyone since Neb is a state where agriculture is king, and the underground aquifer is the source of water for crop irrigation.

wsci_03_img0397.jpg

Rerouting the pipeline necessitated time to do environmental impact studies as well as planning for an alternate route. This work can't be done in 2-3 months, especially considering that it was a last minute requirement that happened over the holiday season.

House Republicans wanted for force the president to approve the deal even though the necessary work couldn't be completed in time. Or maybe they actually wanted to force him to cancel the project because they knew that 2-3 months wasn't enough time to do the necessary work to finalize plans for an alternate route.

Agriculture by its very nature with herbicides and pesticides does major damage to any aquifer. I wouldn't hold agriculture up as a wonderful industry when it comes to a non polluting source in any environment.

Last edited:

wsci_03_img0397.jpg

You might as well stop. You are talking to tards. The OP started off with, "Ps. We have 10's of thousands of miles of pipelines currently in use in this country without major incident. There really is NO EXCUSE for this kind of ineptness."

So I do a Google search and the FIRST of two million starts off with a recent major spill in YellowStone Park, which I linked to, of course.

Republicans have said this pipeline will create anywhere from 20,000 (John Boehner) to a million (Fox News). Independent studies shows, at most, 65 hundred.

This thread has everything. Tard, lies, stupid. This one is a "fail". Worse, they think they are being so insightful and intelligent. Seeing a problem clearly that no one else really understands. Reminds me of "My Favorite Color is Potato".

Fail. You are out of Carbon Credits dude. In fact your ego is cashing in carbon credits faster than you can earn them. You are flaming out, losing altitude fast. Time to bail out Ted, the Fed's are on to you. :eek:

wsci_03_img0397.jpg

The fact that you don't understand that 1000 barrels is not a lot when compared to the billions that flow without incident speaks volumes about your stupidity.

You have a larger chance of being in a car accident than a spill occurring that has any major impact. Should we all give up our cars and start walking?

Second thought don't answer.

wsci_03_img0397.jpg

Agriculture by it's very nature with herbicides and pesticides does major damage to any aquifer. I wouldn't hold agriculture up as a wonderful industry when it comes to a non polluting source in any environment.

If the Republican legislature and Republican governor have a problem with with the pipeline route, you can bet that they've heard the concerns from lots of farmers and agricultural experts. Do you really expect our Federal gov't to force the pipeline on them when there's unanimous state opposition to it?

wsci_03_img0397.jpg

Agriculture by it's very nature with herbicides and pesticides does major damage to any aquifer. I wouldn't hold agriculture up as a wonderful industry when it comes to a non polluting source in any environment.

If the Republican legislature and Republican governor have a problem with with the pipeline route, you can bet that they've heard the concerns from lots of farmers and agricultural experts. Do you really expect our Federal gov't to force the pipeline on them when there's unanimous state opposition to it?

Of course they do. Especially when Republicans are in charge. When do they listen to the American people?

The Nebraska legislature, as well as the Republican governor, don't want the pipeline to be built the way it is planned, and have asked Obama to block the pipeline.

What happened to "state's rights"?

Of course they do. Especially when Republicans are in charge. When do they listen to the American people?

I guess conservatives don't care about states' rights!

wsci_03_img0397.jpg

The fact that you don't understand that 1000 barrels is not a lot when compared to the billions that flow without incident speaks volumes about your stupidity.

You have a larger chance of being in a car accident than a spill occurring that has any major impact. Should we all give up our cars and start walking?

Yea, dump 42,000 gallons of oil in a river or lake somewhere and explain to the people who live there how it's "not much". You fucking fool. What's wrong with you? I think your hat must be too tight.

Write it down........the pipeline will happen after this year when progressive shit gets mothballed for the rest of my life.........

While I love the thought. I believe you will be deeply disappointed. Even if the GOP wins..........

wsci_03_img0397.jpg

There is need for further investigation and argument. There is eminent domain. Negotiation is best. Obama's Magic Word may apply here, too. "Waiver". At least until things can be settled for the best. They use double hulled pipe, right? What are the pro's and con's to triple hulled pipe? What are the fail safe and contingency factors and plans, should disaster strike? What are the common practices, can they be improved on?

Keystone 1 already goes over that water IN IT'S ENTIRITY.

This is a bogus issue. They agreed to move part of the pipeline but it was denied none the less.

Our best interest would probably include adding Natural Gas Tanks to existing Gas Stations. Being that they are generally above ground, it seems that the added cost is exaggerated.

Yea, dump 42,000 gallons of oil in a river or lake somewhere and explain to the people who live there how it's "not much". You fucking fool. What's wrong with you? I think your hat must be too tight.

Link me to an article that demonstrates significant damage to our water from a pipeline. Keep in mind that ONE FUCKING SMALL SPILL IS NOT ENOUGH TO STOP THE FLOW OF BILLIONS OF BARRELS OF OIL.

THEN LINK ME TO AN ARTICLE THAT EXPLAINS HOW WE CAN ALTERNATELY TELEPORT THE OIL WE NEED TO IT'S DESTINATION.

The Nebraska legislature, as well as the Republican governor, don't want the pipeline to be built the way it is planned, and have asked Obama to block the pipeline.

What happened to "state's rights"?

They do have Rights, and the ability to better negotiate.

Personally, I'd rather live near a pipe line, than suffer the effects of exploratory fracking. Where are States Rights there? Is there even uniformity in the chemicals used?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back