So let me get this pipeline shit straight

Agriculture by it's very nature with herbicides and pesticides does major damage to any aquifer. I wouldn't hold agriculture up as a wonderful industry when it comes to a non polluting source in any environment.

If the Republican legislature and Republican governor have a problem with with the pipeline route, you can bet that they've heard the concerns from lots of farmers and agricultural experts. Do you really expect our Federal gov't to force the pipeline on them when there's unanimous state opposition to it?

There is need for further investigation and argument. There is eminent domain. Negotiation is best. Obama's Magic Word may apply here, too. "Waiver". At least until things can be settled for the best. They use double hulled pipe, right? What are the pro's and con's to triple hulled pipe? What are the fail safe and contingency factors and plans, should disaster strike? What are the common practices, can they be improved on?

I'm sure most of that was covered in the LAST 3 YEARS of debate and investigation.

The fact that you don't understand that 1000 barrels is not a lot when compared to the billions that flow without incident speaks volumes about your stupidity.

You have a larger chance of being in a car accident than a spill occurring that has any major impact. Should we all give up our cars and start walking?

Second thought don't answer.

Yea, dump 42,000 gallons of oil in a river or lake somewhere and explain to the people who live there how it's "not much". You fucking fool. What's wrong with you? I think your hat must be too tight.

Link me to an article that demonstrates significant damage to our water from a pipeline. Keep in mind that ONE FUCKING SMALL SPILL IS NOT ENOUGH TO STOP THE FLOW OF BILLIONS OF BARRELS OF OIL.

THEN LINK ME TO AN ARTICLE THAT EXPLAINS HOW WE CAN ALTERNATELY TELEPORT THE OIL WE NEED TO IT'S DESTINATION.

You would think tht deany and his fellow Marxists would be against ships traveling across a vast ecosystem called the Ocean (Exxon Valdez anyone) and the damage IT caused...

Land travels are less frought with perils to life...and they know it.

These assholes want to take us backwards.

The term 'progressive' I think they should reconsider.

One solution to all this mess is that we move away from traditional energy like oil and move to more alternative source of energy like solar, wind, and geothermal. Beside from the technical, technological barrier, however there was that Solyndar scandal. Is government loans and subsidies to alternative energy producers inviting new corruptions? Are we all doomed?

In late November of last year, Nebraska lawmakers UNANIMOUSLY voted to have the route of the pipeline changed so it wouldn't run over the ogallala aquifer. The bill was signed by Neb Governor, Dave Heineman, a Republican. This SHOULD be understandable to everyone since Neb is a state where agriculture is king, and the underground aquifer is the source of water for crop irrigation.

wsci_03_img0397.jpg

Rerouting the pipeline necessitated time to do environmental impact studies as well as planning for an alternate route. This work can't be done in 2-3 months, especially considering that it was a last minute requirement that happened over the holiday season.

House Republicans wanted for force the president to approve the deal even though the necessary work couldn't be completed in time. Or maybe they actually wanted to force him to cancel the project because they knew that 2-3 months wasn't enough time to do the necessary work to finalize plans for an alternate route.

You might as well stop. You are talking to tards. The OP started off with, "Ps. We have 10's of thousands of miles of pipelines currently in use in this country without major incident. There really is NO EXCUSE for this kind of ineptness."

So I do a Google search and the FIRST of two million starts off with a recent major spill in YellowStone Park, which I linked to, of course.

Republicans have said this pipeline will create anywhere from 20,000 (John Boehner) to a million (Fox News). Independent studies shows, at most, 65 hundred.

This thread has everything. Tard, lies, stupid. This one is a "fail". Worse, they think they are being so insightful and intelligent. Seeing a problem clearly that no one else really understands. Reminds me of "My Favorite Color is Potato".

The fact that you don't understand that 1000 barrels is not a lot when compared to the billions that flow without incident speaks volumes about your stupidity.

You have a larger chance of being in a car accident than a spill occurring that has any major impact. Should we all give up our cars and start walking?

A couple of points.

First a question. Are you misinformed? Or are you simply engaging in a disinformation campaign? After all, you're the one who said that this was (among other things) little more than Obama trying to save a few sand dunes. I can assure you that the people in Nebraska take their cherished way of life seriously, and they have no intention of rolling over and being forced to accept an oil pipeline running over their farm land and the aquifer that provides irrigation to their corn crops when there are legitimate safety concerns and the pipeline can be rerouted. And you can't seriously expect Nebraskans to cave in just because Texas oilmen are already counting the money they'll make from that oil.

At any rate, Obama has nothing to gain from Nebraskans by taking their concerns seriously since they're not going to vote for him anyway.

Holy fucking shit! Give you nutters an issue wrapped in a simple package and you all go all out.

This is a COMPLICATED matter that none of you dummies even heard of 6 months ago. The echo chamber that you salute each day has made this a big deal for you. You ignore the inconvenient facts regarding the intended market for said FOREIGN OIL and pretend that it will effect our labor market and our gtas prices. Just fucking stupid.

If the Republican legislature and Republican governor have a problem with with the pipeline route, you can bet that they've heard the concerns from lots of farmers and agricultural experts. Do you really expect our Federal gov't to force the pipeline on them when there's unanimous state opposition to it?

There is need for further investigation and argument. There is eminent domain. Negotiation is best. Obama's Magic Word may apply here, too. "Waiver". At least until things can be settled for the best. They use double hulled pipe, right? What are the pro's and con's to triple hulled pipe? What are the fail safe and contingency factors and plans, should disaster strike? What are the common practices, can they be improved on?

I'm sure most of that was covered in the LAST 3 YEARS of debate and investigation.
Sure it was. Simple fact? The US of A has to be brought down. THAT is the intent.

Obama says no pipeline because.....

1. He wants to get oil from unstable nations
2. He wants to protect a few thousand lizards who apparently wouldn't understand how to crawl under or over a fucking pipe.
3. He likes gasoline prices at 3 dollars compared to 1.83 when he took office.
4. Apparently some deer are incapable of living on one side of the pipe over the other.
5. We haven't lost enough to China yet.
6. He doesn't want the states involved to make the extra revenue.
7. 20k + jobs is just a laughing stock
8. Wants to save a few sand dunes in Nebraska.
9. Says the gop gave him too short a deadline despite this being in the works and studied for years.
10. God I really despise Obama.

Ps. We have 10's of thousands of miles of pipelines currently in use in this country without major incident. There really is NO EXCUSE for this kind of ineptness.

http://www.theodora.com/pipelines/united_states_pipelines_map.jpg

Actually no, none of the above. He's been lurking here and he did it JUST to annoy you specifically.

The Nebraska legislature, as well as the Republican governor, don't want the pipeline to be built the way it is planned, and have asked Obama to block the pipeline.

What happened to "state's rights"?

They do have Rights, and the ability to better negotiate.

Personally, I'd rather live near a pipe line, than suffer the effects of exploratory fragging. Where are States Rights there? Is there even uniformity in the chemicals used?

I'm assuming you meant "fracking", not "fragging".

States are well within their rights to ban fracking as well. I know people in NY are trying to do just that.

I think we might be agreeing here, actually.

TransCanada will re-submit the plan with negotiations, and it will probably pass.

If it was "covered" in the last three years of debate, I think it would be unlikely that the Republican governor of Nebraska would have begged Obama to put the pipeline on hold.

One solution to all this mess is that we move away from traditional energy like oil and move to more alternative source of energy like solar, wind, and geothermal. Beside from the technical, technological barrier, however there was that Solyndar scandal. Is government loans and subsidies to alternative energy producers inviting new corruptions? Are we all doomed?
Solar, wind and other alternatives take a back seat to the plethora of gas, and OIL available to us.

Those are still expensive and not workable alternatives. Those sources some are trying to force on us no matter they aren't economically viable...

Stick to what you know...we have a couple centuries worth of fossil fuels.

Our best interest would probably include adding Natural Gas Tanks to existing Gas Stations. Being that they are generally above ground, it seems that the added cost is exaggerated.
We are awash with natural gas btw...

Yeah, we are, and oddly enough, car engines do well by clean burning natural gas.

On CNG for vehicles it's a logistics and storage issue. Same with hydrogen. But you're correct, a traditional gas engine is capable of running on either one of them with minimal modification.

Solar, wind and other alternatives take a back seat to the plethora of gas, and OIL available to us.

Those are still expensive and not workable alternatives. Those sources some are trying to force on us no matter they aren't economically viable...

No, "we" don't, regardless of whose numbers you use.

The Nebraska legislature, as well as the Republican governor, don't want the pipeline to be built the way it is planned, and have asked Obama to block the pipeline.

Personally, I'd rather live near a pipe line, than suffer the effects of exploratory fragging. Where are States Rights there? Is there even uniformity in the chemicals used?

Isn't it mostly high pressure water used for fracking? My understanding is that they fear the possible oil that may leak out with the water as it drains. I have seen stories that show there has been no proof of any such contamination thus far. Admittedly I dunno much on this subject though.

Isn't it mostly high pressure water used for fracking? My understanding is that they fear the possible oil that may leak out with the water as it drains. I have seen stories that show there has been no proof of any such contamination thus far. Admittedly I dunno much on this subject though.

It wasn't necessary to tell us that.

You might as well stop. You are talking to tards. The OP started off with, "Ps. We have 10's of thousands of miles of pipelines currently in use in this country without major incident. There really is NO EXCUSE for this kind of ineptness."

So I do a Google search and the FIRST of two million starts off with a recent major spill in YellowStone Park, which I linked to, of course.

Republicans have said this pipeline will create anywhere from 20,000 (John Boehner) to a million (Fox News). Independent studies shows, at most, 65 hundred.

This thread has everything. Tard, lies, stupid. This one is a "fail". Worse, they think they are being so insightful and intelligent. Seeing a problem clearly that no one else really understands. Reminds me of "My Favorite Color is Potato".

A couple of points.

First a question. Are you misinformed? Or are you simply engaging in a disinformation campaign? After all, you're the one who said that this was (among other things) little more than Obama trying to save a few sand dunes. I can assure you that the people in Nebraska take their cherished way of life seriously, and they have no intention of rolling over and being forced to accept an oil pipeline running over their farm land and the aquifer that provides irrigation to their corn crops when there are legitimate safety concerns and the pipeline can be rerouted. And you can't seriously expect Nebraskans to cave in just because Texas oilmen are already counting the money they'll make from that oil.

At any rate, Obama has nothing to gain from Nebraskans by taking their concerns seriously since they're not going to vote for him anyway.

Totally true. Republicans will cheer as their leaders fuck them to death.

gettinghimsplattered.jpg

Their first words after getting slapped in the face with a shit pie, "Please sir, can I have some more?"

YES we do. The Earth manufactures it...dumbass.

No.

While it could technically be done using just water, that’s costly and inefficient; hyrdrofracking works much better—and is kinder to drilling companies’ bottom lines—when chemicals such as diesel fuel, methanol, hydrochloric acid, and formaldehyde are added to the mix. Since the whole purpose of hydrofracking is to force open channels in rock to facilitate the upward movement of liquids and gases, it should be no surprise that despite drillers’ best efforts, hydrofracking chemicals get out into the environment.
NYC Study Warns of Dangers of Hydrofracking | HeatingOil.com

YES we do. The Earth manufactures it...dumbass.

:laugh2:
What a stooge.

Do I need to explain to you the conditions under which this 'manufacture' takes place, and the time tables over which they take?

It wasn't necessary to tell us that.

Sorry, I forgot honesty was an offensive ideal to many of you.

Forum List

Back