So, is Trump breaking a few eggs or burning down the kitchen?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Well, yesterday - the day after Comey's firing - sure was interesting. Most of the media was in hysterics, Rush was positively giddy, CNN was talking about the literal end of our republic as we know it, and of course Fox didn't notice anything unusual happening.

As for me, my personal nightmare scenario is playing out in real time: Trump is creating absolute chaos at a level somehow far beyond everything I had feared, opening the door for the "progressives" (ha) in the Democratic party to take back control before long, and before the party can first go through its badly-needed Reformation. Wild, insane swings, back and forth, the last thing we need right now.

They say "you have to break a few eggs to make the omelette", and holy shit, I don't see any intact eggs anywhere and I'm definitely smelling smoke.

So how about you? Is this what you expected (good or bad), or have we managed to go beyond your expectations (good or bad)?

I don't fault him for firing Comey. What begs questions is the timing. It seems that everywhere you turn Trump is firing someone connected to the the Russian investigation. It could mean nothing but the perception will invite conspiracy theories throughout his term.

Well, yesterday - the day after Comey's firing - sure was interesting. Most of the media was in hysterics, Rush was positively giddy, CNN was talking about the literal end of our republic as we know it, and of course Fox didn't notice anything unusual happening.

As for me, my personal nightmare scenario is playing out in real time: Trump is creating absolute chaos at a level somehow far beyond everything I had feared, opening the door for the "progressives" (ha) in the Democratic party to take back control before long, and before the party can first go through its badly-needed Reformation. Wild, insane swings, back and forth, the last thing we need right now.

They say "you have to break a few eggs to make the omelette", and holy shit, I don't see any intact eggs anywhere and I'm definitely smelling smoke.

So how about you? Is this what you expected (good or bad), or have we managed to go beyond your expectations (good or bad)?

"Wild, insane swings"?

Only a fool couldn't have seen this coming. The only one having wild insane swings was Comey.

I don't fault him for firing Comey. What begs questions is the timing. It seems that everywhere you turn Trump is firing someone connected to the the Russian investigation. It could mean nothing but the perception will invite conspiracy theories throughout his term.
I mentioned on another thread that, under normal circumstances, you would think that the President had thought it through, weighed the pros and the cons, including whether the person he's firing could come back and ruin him.

But I'm just not seeing that kind of pragmatism out of the White House so far.

He's throwing out the rotten egg (Comey). Just ignore the hysterics of the regressives, it's all they have left anymore. They've literally been calling for Comey to be fired since it was his fault Hillary lost. They just have to automatically protest anything Trump does, that should come as no surprise whatsoever.

What wild aggressive swings are you referring too? It was pretty clear during the election that Trump was going to fire Comey. It just took some time.

I mentioned on another thread that, under normal circumstances, you would think that the President had thought it through, weighed the pros and the cons, including whether the person he's firing could come back and ruin him.

They forgot to invite you to skype the meeting where this was discussed?

What wild aggressive swings are you referring too? It was pretty clear during the election that Trump was going to fire Comey. It just took some time.
Wild swings from Left to Right and back again, if we keep making huge changes in elections.

They forgot to invite you to skype the meeting where this was discussed?
This may seem like a perfectly calm, reasonable, stable White House to you. It doesn't to me.

Looks like we disagree there.

That is what happens when the FBI becomes politicized, wild fucking swings. I don't really care who's president, that shit needs to stop immediately or we the people need to shut down the FBI - by vote/legally because that is /way/ to much power to have in a political parties camp.

Comey was found to be politicized and incompetent - the AG and DAG recommended his firing. Trump flushed.

The timing of it is key to what Trump actually thinks of Comey's job performance. If this was about Comey mishandling the investigation into Clinton's emails, he would have fired him months ago.

There are a number of rumors out there; the one gaining the most traction in the underweb is that Comey wasn't providing the investigation into unmasking with the necessary information - claiming it could take months to get it when it should only take a few days (thus they had to fire Comey unexpectedly to find out what he was trying to hide back at the office).

As with all rumors from "unnamed sources" who the hell knows though.

Comey's a straight shooter, and he's stood up to other heavy-hitters, and usually 'wins' the exchange.
You can bet he's smart enough to bank some insurance, and he'll bite that Orange Clown on the ass, and likely very soon.

The posse may be getting too close. If you want to stymie an investigation, firing the director of the body investigating you is a sure way to do it.

If the reasoning is that it just "took time" to replace him, much larger governmental organizations had new leadership appointed and confirmed by the Senate... that excuse doesn't hold water.

And they would have announced the replacement at the same time.
No, this was a bad mistake by a panicked amateur.

The President of the United States has just fired the high official charged with investigating his alleged involvement with foreign interference in a US general election.

And then he meets with the Russian Foreign Minister, during which time he holds the American press at arms' length, while allowing the Russians to use it as a photo op.

Terrible, terrible optics.

Terrible, gawdawful judgment.

Even if Comey was the worst Director in the history of the Bureau, the optics and timing and related were - again, for the thousandth time - very badly botched.

At a bare-bones minimum, this Administration is incompetent.

Let us hope that the Comey Firing triggers the creation of a Special Prosecutor with full powers and resources to get to the bottom of all this.

It is in the interests of the Republic, its People, and both mainstream political parties, to investigate the Russia Connection, and to restore the confidence of Americans.

Trump isn't creating chaos.
The media is creating chaos.

Maybe you need to take a big step back and just watch what is going on instead of falling for the false rhetoric everyone is spewing.

The President of the United States has just fired the high official charged with investigating his alleged involvement with foreign interference in a US general election.

And then he meets with the Russian Foreign Minister, during which time he holds the American press at arms' length, while allowing the Russians to use it as a photo op.

Terrible, terrible optics.

Terrible, gawdawful judgment.

Even if Comey was the worst Director in the history of the Bureau, the optics and timing and related were - again, for the thousandth time - very badly botched.

At a bare-bones minimum, this Administration is incompetent.

Let us hope that the Comey Firing triggers the creation of a Special Prosecutor with full powers and resources to get to the bottom of all this.

It is in the interests of the Republic, its People, and both mainstream political parties, to investigate the Russia Connection, and to restore the confidence of Americans.
I think your problem is you have no trust in Trump. Everything else emanates from that.

Forum List

Back