So, is the left denouncing Obama's "unlawful" war in Libya?

Did Bush get the UN to join in his war on Iraq?

Did Bush march tanks and troops into Iraq?

Did congress vote for WAR with Iraq?

The U.N. has no authority to tell us whether we can or cannot go to war, so they are irrelevant. The fact is that Obama's war is just as unconstitutional as Bush's. Congress did not vote on a declaration of war in either case.

I assume you are asking these questions because you really don't know the answers. So I will help your sorry ignorant ass.
1. Nope
2. Yep
3. Yep, not a full blown declaration though which lies the rub.

What is your point?

Last edited:
it is a UN action. that is what the UN is for

Then why is the U.S. involved?

Because of our role in the UN?
The Constitution states that only the U.S. Congress can make a declaration of war. It does not give authority to the U.N. to drag the U.S. into a war

Didn't congress approve our membership in the UN?

Methinks that puts it on par with treaties

Liberty is wrong as usual because we have signed on to UN as have all the countries involved.

They just hate Obama and anything any democrat does.

They have no real moral code only commitment to anything the right wing masters tell them to think.

Weren't there cries from the right for Obama to 'lead' on intervention in Libya just 24 hours ago?

Seems that the president is damned if he does, damned if he don't.

Hey righties! This is your kind of president! He's killing brown people to give them freedom!

I see you are swimming in a pool of hypocrisy. Try the slide, it's fun.

The U.N. has no authority to tell us whether we can or cannot go to war, so they are irrelevant. The fact is that Obama's war is just as unconstitutional as Bush's. Congress did not vote on a declaration of war in either case.

Where are the ground troops?

Where are the tanks?

Weren't there cries from the right for Obama to 'lead' on intervention in Libya just 24 hours ago?

Seems that the president is damned if he does, damned if he don't.

Hey righties! This is your kind of president! He's killing brown people to give them freedom!

This reminds me of what Rush said about President Clinton before and after the air attack on Serbia. Prior to the US led air attack, Limbaugh chided Clinton for being weak and failing to lead an international effort to stop genocide. After the attack started, Limbaugh criticized Clinton for putting American service men in harms way when it wasn't in our national interest.

Tom DeLay also showed his true hypocritical colors. Previously, he had said something to the effect that Americans (and Congress, in particular) should support a war time president and members should NOT openly criticize a president while military action is underway. However, after Clinton launched the air assault on Serbia, guess what DeLay did? If you guessed that he openly criticized Clinton while the assault was underway and Americans were in harms way, you guessed right.

On a side note, no Americans were killed or captured during the military action that Clinton ordered.

Liberty is wrong as usual because we have signed on to UN as have all the countries involved.

They have no real moral code only commitment to anything the right wing masters tell them to think.

Except you've made the same arguments for Libya that neocons make for Iraq in this very thread. That just goes to show that you just hate Bush and anything any Republican does.

cite where it says that the USA is forced to go to war with whoever the UN tells us to. I would like to see it.

Where are the tanks?

Oh, right, missiles being lobbed into a country aren't an act of war unless there are ground troops and tanks. I forgot.

cite where it says that the USA is forced to go to war with whoever the UN tells us to. I would like to see it.

I'd rather she cite where in the Constitution it says that a declaration of war for the United States can come from the United Nations.

Letting a dictator kill his people at his insane whim is not going to be good for anyone in the world.

If Gadafi is allowed to bomb his own people until only his cronies are left what do you think that says to the rest of the countries on the brink of revolution for democracy?

You people just hate anything this president does no matter what it is.

This is a UN action and not a declared war.

Couldn't that be said in reference to Sadam Hussein? I mean we all know he killed his own people.

:eusa_eh:

It is our duty as loyal Americans to shut up once the fighting begins.

Once the war in Libya begins we expect every American to support our military and if they can’t do that – to shut up.

Where are the tanks?

Don't know what you're arguing about, TM. Kevin has been rock solid on his Iraq stance and now this. I agree with him.

So, now you're in favor of firing on a country that hasn't fired upon us???

Forum List

Back