So if John the Baptist lied is lying OK in Christianity?

GiveMeATicketToWork

Feb 3, 2016
John 1:21
English Standard Version (ESV)
(21)And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” And he answered, “No.”

Matthew 11:13-14
(13)For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John, (14)and if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah who is to come.

John denies being Elijah in John 1:21, but Jesus says that he is Elijah in Matt. 11:14.

So is lying OK in Christianity?

(21)And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” And he answered, “No.”

(13)For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John, (14)and if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah who is to come.

John denies being Elijah in John 1:21, but Jesus says that he is Elijah in Matt. 11:14.

You are in Error---John the Baptist was beheaded long before the book of John was written. John the Baptist did not write the book of John.
What Jesus said--had other meaning--John was not the Elijah of the ot.
Not one mortal on earth can understand a lot of the bible without being taught by Jesus real teachers. The angels of God couldn't.- 1Peter 1:12)---- many deep hidden meanings and partial truths that go along with other truths to make a whole truth.And symbolism.

It's the only way it can survive is to lie constantly.
There are over 50 thousand of those errors and contradictions in the NT.

You are in Error---John the Baptist was beheaded long before the book of John was written. John the Baptist did not write the book of John.
What Jesus said--had other meaning--John was not the Elijah of the ot.
Not one mortal on earth can understand a lot of the bible without being taught by Jesus real teachers. The angels of God couldn't.- 1Peter 1:12)---- many deep hidden meanings and partial truths that go along with other truths to make a whole truth.And symbolism.

Bologna. The Old Testament closes saying that Elijah must come.

Malachi 4:5-6
(5)“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. (6)And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.”

John said of himself that he was not Elijah and Jesus said that he was.

You understand literal versus figurative?
Now work on what a troll thread is.

They are called metaphors troll. A common literary device of the time.

"Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."

If those are the words of some evil liar, I'm delighted to call myself influenced by an evil liar

Your reply to 50 thousand contradictions is metaphors does not correlate.
You sure that's your final answer and want to name xall instead of discuss, because that would make you what you accuse me and the OP of.

To KjW; hope you realize even the church admits Jesus was a follower of John before he took his flock.
You need to research
the Mandeans a sect of Sabians.
They are the remnant ancestors of John the Baptists followers and they claim Jesus stole most of Johns flock when he had him beheaded through his friend and follower Salome. They consider Jesus the wicked false prophet and John the righteous one.

Typical Christian forum tactic and behavior.
Call everyone names, avoid the subject, demonize the speaker to distract and hope it somehow devalues the topic or speach, then displace everything ypu are doing (flaming-trolling) onto the speaker you wish to disrupt and hide from through such ad homminem smokescreen tactic.
Bravo you guys are great at never refuting a damn accusation and manage to avoid all intellectual dialogue. Your prize is 2000 more years of ignorance and wars- Yippee!

It's plain and simple. Either Jesus lied or John lied.

Well there you go, so why the lie about wanting to learn you gave earlier? Oops! Troll indicator light to confirmed.

You're the only troll here, you 0.

Forum List

Back