So I just bought a Dyson

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Holy hell this thing could suck the chrome off a bumper. My old Bissels bit the dust and I was debating between a robot and a Dyson. Opted for the Dyson as the Rumba obviously had no attachments for fine cleaning.
Jesus this thing is amazing. I couldn't believe how much dirt it pulled up compared to my old machines.

I’ve been buying and using Dysons for about 15 years. They hold up well. We have only had to replace one vacuum, and the one we replaced is still used as a backup or for tougher jobs. I highly recommend them. If they lose suction then wash the filter- has to dry for at least 24 hours. Read up on how they stress-test these things- pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
Is that the ball one?

Is it bag or bag less? ... :cool:

Ball and bagless

We have the purple Animal, which has incredible suction. The only issue I have with it is that it falls over too easily when we are storing it- seems like the vertical lock could hold better. No complaints otherwise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine doesn't stay upright very well either but I don't foresee that being a problem

Holy hell this thing could suck the chrome off a bumper. My old Bissels bit the dust and I was debating between a robot and a Dyson. Opted for the Dyson as the Rumba obviously had no attachments for fine cleaning.
Jesus this thing is amazing. I couldn't believe how much dirt it pulled up compared to my old machines.
You just love throwing money away don'tcha!?

I've had one for years before the came with the ball one. They last if you take care of them, its still picks up just great. They pick up a lot of hair, I clean my beater bar often, as people 50-100 hairs a day they say, and they wrap around the beater ball. I have a cat that shed a lot that is why I got it, now she has passed and I miss her dearly.

I love seeing the dirt they pick up, I use to have a bag one and I use to cut the bag open to see the dirt.

You will be very happy.

We are on our second one. Best things in the world. The on/off switch finally went on the first and just decided to to get the animal ball, rather than replace it. Love it even better than the first, if possible.

I've had one for years before the came with the ball one. They last if you take care of them, its still picks up just great. They pick up a lot of hair, I clean my beater bar often, as people 50-100 hairs a day they say, and they wrap around the beater ball. I have a cat that shed a lot that is why I got it, now she has passed and I miss her dearly.

I love seeing the dirt they pick up, I use to have a bag one and I use to cut the bag open to see the dirt.

You will be very happy.
So you are freaky like that eh?

We are on our second one. Best things in the world. The on/off switch finally went on the first and just decided to to get the animal ball, rather than replace it. Love it even better than the first, if possible.
Does the animal ball have a live animal in it?

Ball and bagless

GMU,

Do you have an animal that sheds so you are going to have pet hair?

If so I HIGHLY recommend you get into the habit of emptying the cyclone receiver (where the dirt collects) much more often then you are used to. Especially if you are dealing with pet hair.

We've had the Animal Dyson for about 5-years and LOVE it. You are right, vacuum with a regular vacuum and then run over the same area with a Dyson and be amazed. The only problem we've had is my own fault and I needed to change habits. If I go to long between emptying the cyclone receiver pet hair will backup in the tubing and you loose suction. Then you have to disassemble the rotor head and clean out the hose leading to the cyclone chamber. Not hard, but you can save yourself the hassle if you empty often. With my pattern I empty it 4 times just doing the living room.

(We have an Australian Shepard and two cats.)

Enjoy,

WW

.>>>>

Excellent brand!

From what I've heard.... only heard, because I'v never own one.... they came out with a new hair dryer too.....everybody raves about it...I hardly can manage to tell you the price of that Dyson hair dryer lol (shhhhhh. ... around $500 :eek-52:)

Everything Dyson is great quality but verrry expensive....oh well :dunno: :10:

Oib0O0S.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back