So I Am in The Grocery Story Today.........(wow)

Warrior102

Gold Member
May 22, 2011
and this nice lady in front of me and I somehow get into a discussion regarding religion.

She asked me what church I went to - and I told her, I was Catholic - went to St. XXXX's Catholic Church.

She says, "Oh, I used to be one of those (Catholics) - I am a Christian now."

Wow - dear God, Wow!!!

and this nice lady in front of me and I somehow get into a discussion regarding religion.

She asked me what church I went to - and I told her, I was Catholic - went to St. XXXX's Catholic Church.

She says, "Oh, I used to be one of those (Catholics) - I am a Christian now."

Wow - dear God, Wow!!!

Did you tell her she'll go straight to hell :eusa_shifty:

Very common in protestant churches. Particularly apostolic, radical sectarian, non-denominational and mega churches.

I understand where they come from, but I guess she was in the mood for a pissing match with someone over religion and you just happened to be there to catch her 'fire for the Lord' elitism.

Oh well. In fairness, I have problems with catholic doctrine and teaching as well, but I'm not going to say they're not Christian like some because that's silly.

She was right. She was saying she is now born-again, and self-identifies as Christian (as opposed to born-again Catholics, who choose to stay with their religion of origin.)

Many christians don't recognize Catholicism as Christian as the Catholics think salvation and forgiveness can come via intermediaries. It doesn't matter, it was a rude thing for her to say.

Im one of those 'christians' :tongue: and I always tell folks to be prepared to be shocked.

There are going to be Catholics, Methodists, Presbitarians, non-denominations, Jews, and heck maybe even a Mormon or two...

Judge not, lest ye be judged
:eusa_silenced:

Many christians don't recognize Catholicism as Christian as the Catholics think salvation and forgiveness can come via intermediaries. It doesn't matter, it was a rude thing for her to say.

Thank you for explaining what we 'believe'.... pity that you are clueless. Idiot.

Im one of those 'christians' :tongue: and I always tell folks to be prepared to be shocked.

There are going to be Catholics, Methodists, Presbitarians, non-denominations, Jews, and heck maybe even a Mormon or two...

Only Mormons. Don't you watch South Park?

By the same measure with which you judge, you will be judged.

He that is without sin, cast the first stone.

That and Phil 4:8 and Romans 8:28 pretty much define my personal belief system.

Bitchiness is a particularly Catholic afflication among the fairer sex of that faith...as Cali Whore can attest.

Forum List

Back