So How Did Repubs Lose A House Race In A District They Gerrymandered To Be Democrat-Proof???

Ray is someone who'd rather be sick than admit the black guy did something to make his life better.

So what did the black guy do to make my life better?

He passed the largest middle class tax cut in history in 2009. Poor little Repug goober. Doesn't know when he's out of his league.

And you still haven't answered my questions. Because you can't. Because you are a dishonest hypocritical Repug troll who is full of shit.

He passed the largest middle class tax cut in history in 2009.

Wow!!!

Tell me more.

A real example of a middle-class tax cut

It’s easy for many to forget, but when President Obama and congressional Democrats approved the Recovery Act – better known at the time as the Dems’ “stimulus” package – they didn’t just rescue the economy from the Great Recession. In the process, they also passed one of the largest middle-class tax cuts in recent memory.

I thought it was the largest. Maybe I'm wrong about that. Unlike Repugs, I can admit when I'm wrong.

one of the largest middle-class tax cuts in recent memory.

In recent memory? LOL!

• Cut taxes by $400 for individuals and $800 for families through reduction of withholding. That confused many people who expected checks like the Bush Tax Cuts.
  • A payment of an additional $250 each to recipients of Social Security, veterans pension and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.
  • $70 billion to extend the Alternative Minimum Tax shelter. Congress extends it each year.
  • Greater access to the child tax credit for the working poor and an expanded earned-income tax credit to families with three children.
  • A $2,500 college tuition tax credit for 2009 and 2010.
  • An $8,000 tax credit for first-time homebuyers in 2009 only. (It was later extended through April 2010.)
  • A deduction of sales tax on new car purchases through 2009 only.
  • Unemployment benefits were extended for another 33 weeks.
  • A suspension of taxes on the first $2,400 of unemployment benefits through 2009.
A couple of temporary cuts or one time payments.
Count on Obama to even screw up tax cuts.

Yeah, Obama only saved the economy from total collapse after your hero Bush fucked it up. That's all Obama did.

He passed the largest middle class tax cut in history in 2009. Poor little Repug goober. Doesn't know when he's out of his league.

And you still haven't answered my questions. Because you can't. Because you are a dishonest hypocritical Repug troll who is full of shit.

Wow!!!

Tell me more.

It’s easy for many to forget, but when President Obama and congressional Democrats approved the Recovery Act – better known at the time as the Dems’ “stimulus” package – they didn’t just rescue the economy from the Great Recession. In the process, they also passed one of the largest middle-class tax cuts in recent memory.

I thought it was the largest. Maybe I'm wrong about that. Unlike Repugs, I can admit when I'm wrong.

In recent memory? LOL!

• Cut taxes by $400 for individuals and $800 for families through reduction of withholding. That confused many people who expected checks like the Bush Tax Cuts.
  • A payment of an additional $250 each to recipients of Social Security, veterans pension and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.
  • $70 billion to extend the Alternative Minimum Tax shelter. Congress extends it each year.
  • Greater access to the child tax credit for the working poor and an expanded earned-income tax credit to families with three children.
  • An $8,000 tax credit for first-time homebuyers in 2009 only. (It was later extended through April 2010.)
  • A suspension of taxes on the first $2,400 of unemployment benefits through 2009.

Yeah, Obama only saved the economy from total collapse after your hero Bush fucked it up. That's all Obama did.

The recession ended by June 2009.

What did he do so quickly to stop total collapse?

Wow!!!

Tell me more.

In recent memory? LOL!

So you're saying the stimulus had absolutely no positive effect on the country's economic recovery? Are you really that stupid?

Since you believe millions of illegals voted without a shred of evidence, I guess you are that stupid.

Wow!!!

Tell me more.

In recent memory? LOL!

So you're saying the stimulus had absolutely no positive effect on the country's economic recovery? Are you really that stupid?

Since you believe millions of illegals voted without a shred of evidence, I guess you are that stupid.

So you're saying the stimulus had absolutely no positive effect on the country's economic recovery?

Sure, government spending stimulates the economy. But the recession already ended by June 2009.
Do you think the extra spending he pushed through between January 20 and June was the difference between "total collapse" and the economy coming out of recession so quickly?
Are you really that stupid?

In recent memory? LOL!

So you're saying the stimulus had absolutely no positive effect on the country's economic recovery?

Sure, government spending stimulates the economy. But the recession already ended by June 2009.
Do you think the extra spending he pushed through between January 20 and June was the difference between "total collapse" and the economy coming out of recession so quickly?

The recession officially ended in June 2009, but everyone knows that the economy did not fully recover until much, much later. Obama's stimulus package absolutely helped the economy recover much more quickly and it prevented a second Great Depression. We were losing 700,000 jobs per month in Jan 2009 when Obama took office.

If it wasn't for immediate passage of the stimulus bill after Obama took office, then the recession absolutely would not have ended in June 2009. Even if the effects of the stimulus weren't felt immediately, the renewed optimism resulting from the bill prevented a continued free fall of the stock market and slowed down the hemorrhaging job losses.

In recent memory? LOL!

The recession officially ended in June 2009, but everyone knows that the economy did not fully recover until much, much later. Obama's stimulus package absolutely helped the economy recover much more quickly and it prevented a second Great Depression. We were losing 700,000 jobs per month in Jan 2009 when Obama took office.

If it wasn't for immediate passage of the stimulus bill after Obama took office, then the recession absolutely would not have ended in June 2009. Even if the effects of the stimulus weren't felt immediately, the renewed optimism resulting from the bill prevented a continued free fall of the stock market and slowed down the hemorrhaging job losses.

The recession officially ended in June 2009, but everyone knows that the economy did not fully recover until much, much later.

Of course it took much, much longer to fully recover.

Obama's stimulus package absolutely helped the economy recover much more quickly and it prevented a second Great Depression.

That's funny. After the recession was over, why would it drop into a second Great Depression?
Even with all of Obama's fuck ups and regulatory overreach, the Fed wasn't going to let Obama's slowest recovery since WWII turn into a deflationary depression.

If it wasn't for immediate passage of the stimulus bill after Obama took office, then the recession absolutely would not have ended in June 2009.

Baloney. There was barely any "stimulus" spending by June.

the renewed optimism resulting from the bill prevented a continued free fall of the stock market

You think the optimism of the government union employees bailed out by this "stimulus" bill really boosted the stock market? By the way, the stock market bottomed out in March, again, before any of the spending could really take place. Details, I know, you're not too good at them.

So How Did Repubs Lose A House Race In A District They Gerrymandered To Be Democrat-Proof???

The dems picked up that seat because they ran a Trump mini me that didn't have to win a democrat primary....and we all know a Trump mini me would never be able to win a democrat primary...so Lamb will serve what? 6 months and have to run again? well if it makes libs feel good to call that a win I'm cool with it...

He was close to Republicans on some issues and close to Democrats on other issues. You are just parroting the Republican line.

The NYT is too center-right for my tastes.

Surprise surprise. Did it ever occur to you how leftist you really are then?

There is a big difference between liberals and the Democratic party.

Yes there is, all the liberals support the Democrat party.

The New York Times and the mainstream media are too nice to Trump. The mainstream media has been too nice to idiots like Bush and Trump for years, which is one reason we now have President Trump.

No, we have President Trump because every other candidate failed to address the immigration issue the way we want it addressed: KICK THEM ALL OUT!

Outside of that, people got fed up with watching the criminals cover each others back; doing things that would land anybody else in prison for many years.

Yep, because the immigration issue is more important than, say, Russia interfering in our elections. And Trump refuses to do anything about it, except call Putin and congratulate him on his re-election. Trump is a traitor, just like you.

You mean DumBama never congratulated Putin after an election? Want to put some money on that?

So let's see, supposedly, the Russians hacked the DNC computer before election time. Then they did (nobody knows) something that interfered with our elections--all under DumBama's watch. So let's blame Trump for it!!

Typical lib thinking.

Our elections couldn't have been rigged. Just listen to an expert on the subject:

Just because Obama did it, that makes it okay. Obama was wrong and so was Trump.

How are low skilled illegal aliens, with no Social Security numbers, going to support me when I retire?

They pay social security, dummy. Sorry. They pay a bunch of other taxes that will be used to prop up social security to replace all that money the GOP used to give tax cuts to rich people.

Tax cuts to rich people come from SS? Have a link to that..........never mind.

So tell us, why are illegals paying into SS they will not collect from?

Social Security will run a deficit which means that they will pay out more than they take in. That deficit will come from general revenues. The same pot the tax cut comes out of. I do not agree with raising the top bracket but loopholes like the carried interest deduction and the pass-through rate should be closed.

OK. Whoopteee--do. Feel better now? So what is immoral about any of those news articles?

Do you realize what a ridiculous hypocrite you are? You express admiration for murderous assholes like Putin, but universal health care for all? Well, we definitely can't have "communism" like that. No, sir. Universal health care is "evil".

Like I said...you're an immature, unsophisticated Repug retard who goes on meaningless trite rants.

I do??? Do you ever read what you write???

When did I ever express admiration for Putin? Putin is the obsession of the left--not the right. We could care less about Putin.

Who is going to pay for this universal healthcare that you speak of? We are now over 21 trillion in debt.

I understand you are nothing but a little troll who knows little about government just trying to get a rise out of people, but our federal government was not designed as an entity to take care of us. We were to take care of ourselves. Our federal government was created to govern--that's it!

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794

You posted two pictures comparing Putin to Obama just a couple of days ago, troll. And you said or implied that Putin was a better leader than Obama.

We're 21 trillion in debt because of Bush's massive tax cuts for the rich in 2001 and 2003. Something you idiot, dishonest Repugs don't want to acknowledge. There is nothing wrong with the concept of universal health care for all.

And when are you going to acknowledge the 10 trillion DumBama added to our debt? At least the Bush tax cuts went to working citizens and our employers.

There is nothing wrong with universal healthcare? Wanna bet?

The left has been trying to gain total control over the people for decades. The only two entities stopping them are energy and healthcare. Once they have total control over those two things, they will have total control over the people.

So what could our healthcare look like once government takes it over?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...dians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care

Japan, Seeking Trim Waists, Measures Millions

Obese patients and smokers banned from routine surgery in 'most severe ever' rationing in the NHS

Obama did not add 10 trillion to the debt, genius. Do you not understand that Bush's tax cuts continued after he left office? Are you really that stupid? Or just intellectually dishonest and immature?

Listen to your idiotic rants about "total control over the people". What a paranoid dipshit you are.

Universal health care run by the government will be just fine. Heard of Medicare, idiot? Please just get your idiot Repug ass out of the way and let grown ups run the country.

As expected, you didn't go to any of my links. Typical lib. If you did, you'd see how government controls the lives of people.

Are you really that stupid to believe DumBama is the only President to inherit the previous Presidents debts? Trump will have to live with DumBama's Commie Care program for his first term and some of his second. The Pork Bill was also near a trillion dollars of borrowed money. But Trump will be responsible for everything that's spent.

As for Medicare, that and Medicaid are responsible for medical care being unaffordable today. Those programs typically pay about 2/3 of the bill for their patients. Doctors and facilities recoup that loss by raising fees on everybody else. Those increased fees are paid for by private insurance, and of course, premiums soar to unaffordable levels.

That's why today, some facilities are refusing new government patients. When you see a health facility close, it's usually in poorer neighborhoods where most of the people are government program people and few private insurance patients. Those places can't recoup that loss anywhere.

Because Medicaid is a state/federal program, it's driving many states into the red. It's the largest expenditure for many states across the country. In short, it's making us broke.

Here is the problem, Republicans are headed towards billion dollar deficits just like Obama.

Fixed health care... but man, you just sit at your awful job and don't try to get good insurance.

View attachment 184668

Oh, he fixed it alright. Had coverage my entire life until that commie got into office. If that's what you call fixing things, I sure would hate to see what you consider breaking things.

On the other hand, more people who did not have insurance now have it. Clearly Obamacare did work to a extent and needs to be reformed. However Republicans want to just kick people who are too rich for Medicaid and too poor to buy insurance on their own. Even Ronald Reagan said no one should not be able to see a doctor because they can't afford it.

I do??? Do you ever read what you write???

When did I ever express admiration for Putin? Putin is the obsession of the left--not the right. We could care less about Putin.

Who is going to pay for this universal healthcare that you speak of? We are now over 21 trillion in debt.

I understand you are nothing but a little troll who knows little about government just trying to get a rise out of people, but our federal government was not designed as an entity to take care of us. We were to take care of ourselves. Our federal government was created to govern--that's it!

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794

You posted two pictures comparing Putin to Obama just a couple of days ago, troll. And you said or implied that Putin was a better leader than Obama.

We're 21 trillion in debt because of Bush's massive tax cuts for the rich in 2001 and 2003. Something you idiot, dishonest Repugs don't want to acknowledge. There is nothing wrong with the concept of universal health care for all.

And when are you going to acknowledge the 10 trillion DumBama added to our debt? At least the Bush tax cuts went to working citizens and our employers.

There is nothing wrong with universal healthcare? Wanna bet?

The left has been trying to gain total control over the people for decades. The only two entities stopping them are energy and healthcare. Once they have total control over those two things, they will have total control over the people.

So what could our healthcare look like once government takes it over?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...dians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care

Japan, Seeking Trim Waists, Measures Millions

Obese patients and smokers banned from routine surgery in 'most severe ever' rationing in the NHS

Obama did not add 10 trillion to the debt, genius. Do you not understand that Bush's tax cuts continued after he left office? Are you really that stupid? Or just intellectually dishonest and immature?

Listen to your idiotic rants about "total control over the people". What a paranoid dipshit you are.

Universal health care run by the government will be just fine. Heard of Medicare, idiot? Please just get your idiot Repug ass out of the way and let grown ups run the country.

As expected, you didn't go to any of my links. Typical lib. If you did, you'd see how government controls the lives of people.

Are you really that stupid to believe DumBama is the only President to inherit the previous Presidents debts? Trump will have to live with DumBama's Commie Care program for his first term and some of his second. The Pork Bill was also near a trillion dollars of borrowed money. But Trump will be responsible for everything that's spent.

As for Medicare, that and Medicaid are responsible for medical care being unaffordable today. Those programs typically pay about 2/3 of the bill for their patients. Doctors and facilities recoup that loss by raising fees on everybody else. Those increased fees are paid for by private insurance, and of course, premiums soar to unaffordable levels.

That's why today, some facilities are refusing new government patients. When you see a health facility close, it's usually in poorer neighborhoods where most of the people are government program people and few private insurance patients. Those places can't recoup that loss anywhere.

Because Medicaid is a state/federal program, it's driving many states into the red. It's the largest expenditure for many states across the country. In short, it's making us broke.

Here is the problem, Republicans are headed towards billion dollar deficits just like Obama.

Yes they are and we're unhappy about it. However in order to avoid a shutdown, Republicans are spending that money on Democrat issues. We only got one thing, and that is more military spending.

Or I could just use the Democrat excuse for spending money: We had to spend it because of Obama.

Oh, he fixed it alright. Had coverage my entire life until that commie got into office. If that's what you call fixing things, I sure would hate to see what you consider breaking things.

Guy, your boss cheated you, not Obama.

You could have probably gotten a pretty good plan through the ACA, one that actually covered things. But I think you have some kind of brain disease about taking anything from the government.

Uninformed voter.

Google Quantitive Easing. That's what happened to the stock market during DumBama's time.

Guy, your boss cheated you, not Obama.

You could have probably gotten a pretty good plan through the ACA, one that actually covered things. But I think you have some kind of brain disease about taking anything from the government.

No, it's just that commie care is unaffordable. I can't afford $1,000 a month for bare minimum coverage. That's a house payment; two house payments if they are small houses.

He was close to Republicans on some issues and close to Democrats on other issues. You are just parroting the Republican line
I've dug up 6 of his speeches he made during the campaign and don't doubt me he sounds like an outsider...he even refers to the swamp in 2 of his speeches...He is in favor of many of Trump's issues even the wall and ending sanctuary cities even goes as far as to call for jail time for politicians that flout federal immigration laws...If the dems need the likes of this guy to win...well I'm cool with that...

Forum List

Back