So hours after the Amtrak crash, republicans cut the budget for it

funny post Billy , accident was caused by excesive speed , news been on the telly the last few hours !!

Ya...and what caused the higher speed? Could have been a mechanical problem..AKA maintenance. We don't know ... and probably won't for several months ...maybe years but the transportation folks are pretty good reverse engineers and will eventually figure it out.

It's unlikely the engineer didn't know the risks of approaching the curve at 56 MPH over the legal limit. Unless he was suicidal there was probably nothing he could do to slow the train down to a safer speed.

Ah, republicans. You can always rely on their revenue gouging policies for aiding the rich, but what really makes them scumbags is that they refuse to do anything about our failing infrastructure system.

Exactly how much did they propose cutting? BTW you know it's mostly pretty well to do people that ride the train, right? Most use it to commute to their fancy big homes outside the cities.

Ah, republicans. You can always rely on their revenue gouging policies for aiding the rich, but what really makes them scumbags is that they refuse to do anything about our failing infrastructure system.

Exactly how much did they propose cutting? BTW you know it's mostly pretty well to do people that ride the train, right? Most use it to commute to their fancy big homes outside the cities.

A lot...I believe it is 120 million.

Why are you angry at people that work hard for a living and can afford nicer homes for their families?

There is life outside your trailer park Sport.

"Infrastructure system"? Like the Keystone XL? :dunno:

Fuckin' bitch. :slap:
Yes only a Rightwinger would believe the Keystone pipeline is at all important to our crumbling infrastructure system.

Typically, Amtrak derailments are the result of disrepair of the privately owned (scantly regulated) tracks that they rely on.

So a dumbfuck asshole driver is going over twice the speed limit and causes a train derailment....

AND IT'S THE REPUBLICANS FAULT??????????????? Abudget issue when it's clearly human error?

:lmao:

Fuck off libs. Truly get an enema to get all that shit you spew out of your system.

Too fucking funny.

So a dumbfuck asshole driver is going over twice the speed limit and causes a train derailment....

AND IT'S THE REPUBLICANS FAULT??????????????? Abudget issue when it's clearly human error?

Fuck off libs. Truly get an enema to get all that shit you spew out of your system.

Too fucking funny.

You don't know that. The cause of the derailment has not been disclosed. We don't know why the train was going so fast. Unless you are an engineer and a mechanical railway engine and electrical motor engineer you are sounding like a damned fool.

Too fucking funny.
The amtrak system in the region is very congested and not nearly as robust in comparison to other nations' train system. This congestion leads to accidents.

A lot...I believe it is 120 million.

Why are you angry at people that work hard for a living and can afford nicer homes for their families?

There is life outside your trailer park Sport.

So they are looking to cut less than 10% from the 1.5 billion+ a year we spend to subsidize those fine hard working folks living in their fancy homes.

BTW I live in a home I built, from the under ground plumbing to the roof cap, with my own hands with my own money on 5.25 wooded acres that is fully paid for. So fuck you and your snide trailer park reference, I know a lot of good people that would put you to shame that live in them.

So how is throwing money at Amtrak going to prevent a train conductor from driving the train at twice the speed limit?

So how is throwing money at Amtrak going to prevent a train conductor from driving the train at twice the speed limit?
Nothing. But fixing the congestion would make his recklessness less dangerous.

Some trains have computer controls to prevent over speed. That one didn't because they can't afford to do those upgraded on all the trains.

Forum List

Back