So glad Mandalay Bay is counter suing the victims of that horrible massacre

I get so tired of selfish, emotional assholes screwing up our judicial system with their bullshit.
Death has financial repercussions. Selfish and emotional? Their family members are DEAD, TN. Or severely maimed by bullets and further maimed by their hospital bills.

Ummm, you need to reread the OP so you can understand what he is saying old lady. You did not read for comprehension is all I will give you as a hint.

Maybe they should sue the ones who drew the crowd there in the first place. The performers.

I think they should sue the City for providing the venue. What the heck. The city has truly deep pockets because they get to loot their citizens for what they need.

I get so tired of selfish, emotional assholes screwing up our judicial system with their bullshit.
Death has financial repercussions. Selfish and emotional? Their family members are DEAD, TN. Or severely maimed by bullets and further maimed by their hospital bills.

Ummm, you need to reread the OP so you can understand what he is saying old lady. You did not read for comprehension is all I will give you as a hint.
I know exactly what he is saying. Don't be goofin' on me, Westwall.

No, you don't. You misread what he said. Like I said, slow down and reread the OP.

It's true it was no one's fault except the shooter's. The hotel didn't do anything negligent and the concert promoters didn't do anything wrong and the people didn't do anything wrong, either.

They are going for the insurance and it appears Mandalay Bay's insurer is going to be aggressive in trying to limit its exposure.

No, you don't. You misread what he said. Like I said, slow down and reread the OP.
I just read it for the fourth time, and unless TN was saying he was sick of Mandalay Bay's move as selfish and emotional and trying to screw up our judicial system, which doesn't appear to be the case from the rest of his posts, I didn't read it wrong.
You got some other idea of what he was saying, spit it out, Westwall.

So how is that the hotels fault?
I understand grief and shit but my gawd... these people are ridiculous!
Composure is NOT a thing of the past.
Since you have provided NO links on this, I'm forced to general statements. You wanna share?
Mandalay Bay owners sue victims of Las Vegas mass shooting
Thanks! Where's the selfish, emotional, bedwetting part?
The victims suing the hotel claiming they have responsibility.

Maybe they should sue the ones who drew the crowd there in the first place. The performers.

I think they should sue the City for providing the venue. What the heck. The city has truly deep pockets because they get to loot their citizens for what they need.
Go after the state! Then, we can sue the fed gov for giving us the right to go to concerts!

So explain to us how Mandalay Bay was suppossed to stop the wack job.

All hotels need to start training their own mercenaries.
I wont mind paying 400 bucks a night for a room if i feel protected by assault weapons.

Actually when you really think about it, whoever approaches the performers to come and play are more responsible for the scene compared to the performers themselves until its the performers themselves who are guilty of the wrong doing. The "party planners" are who dangle the performers in front of the faces of those who are interested enough in coming to see the performers like dangling a juicy carrot in front of a hungry horse. At the end of the day, the "party planners" are the reason why the fans and performers both are there at all together from the very beginning.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If it were a child's birthday party, the people throwing it would be in the hot seat if something bad were to happen, not the invited children or the clown who was brought in for their entertainment...unless it was the clown or an invited child who was guilty of the wrong doing. If that were the case, the clown or child should then be busted and whoever hired the clown or invited the child should already have it in them to at least take whatever responsibility it is that they can take for whatever happened, at least that is what I would do if I was in such a position.

I just said Mandalay Bay wasn't negligent.

Not in that post you didnt.

I'd have to check to be sure, but I think it was Mandalay Bay that actually provided the venue.

21-year-old Paige Gasper filed a lawsuit against the Mandalay Bay and MGM Resorts International, the hotel's parent company, alleging that the hotel was "negligent or grossly negligent" in failing to notice or take precautions against the shooter stockpiling guns in his room, and that employees were not adequately trained to notice and report suspicious activity.

Also named in the complaint are Live Nation Entertainment Inc., which organized the music festival; Slide Fire Solutions LP, which makes devices called bump stocks that Paddock outfitted some of his semiautomatic weapons with to increase their rate of fire; and Paddock's estate.

"At all relevant times, Defendants MGM, and/or Mandalay Corp ... knew or should have known that it was reasonably foreseeable that a breach of their duties to keep their premises reasonably safe in the aforementioned manner might result in catastrophic injury perpetrated by a gun-toting guest with an extreme intention to harm others," the complaint reads.

A 21-year-old who was shot in the chest during the Las Vegas shooting is suing the Mandalay Bay hotel

So basically, she thinks someone somewhere had a responsibility to be omniscient. And by God, SOMEONE is going to be punished!

21-year-old Paige Gasper filed a lawsuit against the Mandalay Bay and MGM Resorts International, the hotel's parent company, alleging that the hotel was "negligent or grossly negligent" in failing to notice or take precautions against the shooter stockpiling guns in his room, and that employees were not adequately trained to notice and report suspicious activity.

Also named in the complaint are Live Nation Entertainment Inc., which organized the music festival; Slide Fire Solutions LP, which makes devices called bump stocks that Paddock outfitted some of his semiautomatic weapons with to increase their rate of fire; and Paddock's estate.

"At all relevant times, Defendants MGM, and/or Mandalay Corp ... knew or should have known that it was reasonably foreseeable that a breach of their duties to keep their premises reasonably safe in the aforementioned manner might result in catastrophic injury perpetrated by a gun-toting guest with an extreme intention to harm others," the complaint reads.

A 21-year-old who was shot in the chest during the Las Vegas shooting is suing the Mandalay Bay hotel

So basically, she thinks someone somewhere had a responsibility to be omniscient. And by God, SOMEONE is going to be punished!

That really doesnt change the fact that it would be impossible to stop short of searching Hotel guests at the door.
Which of course would be business suicide.

That really doesnt change the fact that it would be impossible to stop short of searching Hotel guests at the door.

True. And I don't think random searches of people's hotel rooms is even legal.

One assumes that if the cameras in the hallways were at all noticeable, the staff WOULD have noticed them. I mean, up until this, who would even think about such a thing?

One assumes that if the cameras in the hallways were at all noticeable, the staff WOULD have noticed them. I mean, up until this, who would even think about such a thing?

I guess the hotel could report suspicious behavior from a client but if it turned out to be erroneous info that would screw them as well.

I guess the hotel could report suspicious behavior from a client but if it turned out to be erroneous info that would screw them as well.

Well, I can't say for sure, obviously, but it seems like he kinda made an effort not to do anything that appeared overtly suspicious. It's almost like he didn't want to be caught and prevented from carrying out his shooting, or something.

Forum List

Back