So did Trump use campaign contributions to fund his Harvey donation?

Here's the math:

1. Trump owes 230,000 in legal fees
2. The RNC pays the 230,000 out of campaign contributions
3. Trump is thus ahead 230,000 because contributors paid his bill.
4. Trump donates a million dollars to Harvey.
5. In reality, it only costs him 770,000, because he was up the 230,000 in campaign contributions.

Got it?

I think the whole reason Trump declared he was running in 2020 shortly after he was elected was so that he could soak up all that campaign cash and get the GOP to pay for his Russia probe legal expenses. So far, the GOP has paid for around 231,000 of his legal fees.
funding from americans who gave to the legal fees. You can direct the funds if you didn't know.

Normally, presidents use their campaign contributions for stuff like checking out voting laws, or getting legal advice on how to run their election campaign.

Trump is the first one to use campaign contributions to pay for legal fees in a criminal investigation.

I guess Crooked Donnie can use the money to buy toiletries in prison

Here's the math:

5. In reality, it only costs him 770,000, because he was up the 230,000 in campaign contributions.

Got it?
only in a libturd's world.

he is not using it, the GOP was asked to pay it. I just posted the article you slackers.

Really? He's not using it?

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump is using money donated to his re-election campaign and the Republican National Committee to pay for his lawyers in the probe of alleged Russian interference in the U.S. election, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

Following Reuters exclusive report on Tuesday, CNN reported that the Republican National Committee paid in August more than $230,000 to cover some of Trump’s legal fees related to the probe.

RNC spokesperson Cassie Smedile confirmed to Reuters that Trump’s lead lawyer, John Dowd, received $100,000 from the RNC and that the RNC also paid $131,250 to the Constitutional Litigation and Advocacy Group, the law firm where Jay Sekulow, another of Trump’s lawyers, is a partner.

Trump using campaign, RNC funds to pay legal bills from Russia probe: sources

ouch, bet that left a mark or two ...
not much, I can admit a mistake. only a good person can admit mistakes. he never asked for it, the RNC donated it based on urging from trump supporters.

The RNC donated the funds because of Trump supporters? Are you really that stupid, or did you forget that the RNC gave campaign money to Trump because HE WAS THEIR CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT!?!?!?!??!
well fk, I posted the article earlier in this thread. why don't you fking read it. post #15.

Bottom line, the RNC gave money to Trump's campaign because he was the candidate for the RNC. Not because "of urging from Trump supporters".

Here's the math:

Got it?

That math might work out if the investigation were over and done, but it's not and it doesn't show any signs of going away soon. You can bet that figure is going to go up over the next months or years of the Russia investigation.

And....................fwiw......................the actual figure thus far is 231,000 and is projected to rise.

Really? He's not using it?

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump is using money donated to his re-election campaign and the Republican National Committee to pay for his lawyers in the probe of alleged Russian interference in the U.S. election, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

Following Reuters exclusive report on Tuesday, CNN reported that the Republican National Committee paid in August more than $230,000 to cover some of Trump’s legal fees related to the probe.

RNC spokesperson Cassie Smedile confirmed to Reuters that Trump’s lead lawyer, John Dowd, received $100,000 from the RNC and that the RNC also paid $131,250 to the Constitutional Litigation and Advocacy Group, the law firm where Jay Sekulow, another of Trump’s lawyers, is a partner.

Trump using campaign, RNC funds to pay legal bills from Russia probe: sources

not much, I can admit a mistake. only a good person can admit mistakes. he never asked for it, the RNC donated it based on urging from trump supporters.

The RNC donated the funds because of Trump supporters? Are you really that stupid, or did you forget that the RNC gave campaign money to Trump because HE WAS THEIR CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT!?!?!?!??!
well fk, I posted the article earlier in this thread. why don't you fking read it. post #15.

Bottom line, the RNC gave money to Trump's campaign because he was the candidate for the RNC. Not because "of urging from Trump supporters".
oh wait, you agree people funding the GOP told them where to spend it? ok, it's what I said asshole.

Using the 'reasoning' of the people who say that Planned Parenthood pays for abortions with government money,

I'd say the answer is yes...
yes you would. and like always, you'd be wrong.

I wouldn't be wrong since I didn't use my argument. I used the 'money is fungible' argument that the anti-abortionists, probably you included,

use against Planned Parenthood getting federal funds.
but you're still wrong.

Trump got campaign contributions that he used to pay his own legal fees.
nope, he never asked for a dime. he doesn't even take a salary as president. you're so clueless, you have no mind.

So you would prefer the story to be simply that the RNC reimbursed Trump for 230,000 of the presidential salary he donated???

lol, okay...

yes you would. and like always, you'd be wrong.

I wouldn't be wrong since I didn't use my argument. I used the 'money is fungible' argument that the anti-abortionists, probably you included,

use against Planned Parenthood getting federal funds.
but you're still wrong.

Trump got campaign contributions that he used to pay his own legal fees.
nope, he never asked for a dime. he doesn't even take a salary as president. you're so clueless, you have no mind.

So you would prefer the story to be simply that the RNC reimbursed Trump for 230,000 of the presidential salary he donated???

lol, okay...
I don't actually care what the RNC does with their money. It's theirs to lose if people don't like where they spend it. seems you don't care where the DNC spends theirs, why are you so worried about the RNC?

oh wait, you agree people funding the GOP told them where to spend it? ok, it's what I said asshole.

Your reading comprehension sucks. The GOP gave money to Trump because he was their candidate, not because Trump supporters told them to.

Reading comprehension ain't your strong suit, is it?

Again, no, Trump supporters did NOT force the GOP to give money to Trump.

The GOP gave money to Trump because he was their candidate.

Broke it into small sentences for you this time, maybe it will sink in.

So is everyone on the same page, i.e., that this thread was really designed to prove that PP doesn't use taxpayer funds for abortions?

Your reading comprehension sucks. The GOP gave money to Trump because he was their candidate, not because Trump supporters told them to.

Reading comprehension ain't your strong suit, is it?

Again, no, Trump supporters did NOT force the GOP to give money to Trump.

The GOP gave money to Trump because he was their candidate.

Broke it into small sentences for you this time, maybe it will sink in.
post #15. I say no more to you. I have spoken.

Trump was going to pay his fair share of taxes, but decided to donate the money to Harvey victims instead. Cue liberal heads exploding.

Trump Using Campaign and RNC Funds to Cover Legal Fees in Russia Probe

Money is fungible, correct?

I THINK I posted this, sources were reliable.

Trump announces recipients for his $1 million donation for Hurricane Harvey relief

Also, its peanuts compared to JJ Watt, and the Dell family:

Michael Dell, a verifiable tech billionaire, has committed to giving $36 million towards relief efforts for Hurricane Harvey.

Fortune reports that Dell will be giving the money through the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation, a non-profit he and his wife started in 1999. In 18 years, the foundation has given $1.38 billion to aid-relief and social welfare projects around the world.

The Foundation has set up a specific fund, Rescue Texas, to organize aid for the areas affected by the hurricane. The target is $100 million, so Dell’s personal contribution should make up a little over a third of the total.

The Dell corporation has also committed separately to relief efforts. It has committed $500,000 to the American Red Cross and Team Rubicon, and it is also matching employee donations.

He SAYS he is worth 1 billion, but as bankruptcy (5 times) provides most of his income, that is questionable.

So is everyone on the same page, i.e., that this thread was really designed to prove that PP doesn't use taxpayer funds for abortions?
yes they do and that wasn't the point of the OP.

By your logic, money sent to Israel pays for state funded abortion.
I never said that. You're goofy

You said taxpayer money pays for abortion because PP receives government funding. That is patently false...unless you also believe that money sent to Israel pays for state funded abortion.

Using the 'reasoning' of the people who say that Planned Parenthood pays for abortions with government money,

Donations...as in not taxpayer funded.

Run planned parenthood off of donations, we'll have zero issues.

The accusation is that PP uses government funds for abortions, on the argument, simply put, that all the money going to PP supposedly goes into the same pot.

Why is that different from Trump's 'pot'?

One is donations...voluntary...don't want to pay for Trump's lawyers, you have a choice.

The other is mantatory, coerced...don't want to pay for abortions?...Fuck you, you have no choice.

See the difference?

Again, run planned parenthood off of donations, we'll have no issues.

Or split off the abortion provider business. If it's not dependent on title X funding, it will do just fine on it's own.

Donations...as in not taxpayer funded.

Run planned parenthood off of donations, we'll have zero issues.

The accusation is that PP uses government funds for abortions, on the argument, simply put, that all the money going to PP supposedly goes into the same pot.

Why is that different from Trump's 'pot'?

One is donations...voluntary...don't want to pay for Trump's lawyers, you have a choice.

The other is mantatory, coerced...don't want to pay for abortions?...Fuck you, you have no choice.

See the difference?

Again, run planned parenthood off of donations, we'll have no issues.

Or split off the abortion provider business. If it's not dependent on title X funding, it will do just fine on it's own.
Abortions are split off from public funding

Most taxpayer funds that go to PP are for services rendered

Then split it off completely...as in make the abortion providers complete their own entity separate and apart from planned parenthood. If they are split from public funding, this will be no burden for them whatsoever...and most, myself included, will support continued taxpayer support of PP.

It's a common sense solution. Everyone gets what they claim to want...PP gets to continue to provide feminine health services to poor and underserved communities...which is what the left claims they are championing, and they get to prove once and for all that the abortion provider side of Planned Parenthood can survive without tax dollars.

And the right doesn't feel like they are tacitly supporting abortion and will stop trying to cut Planned Parenthoods government support.

It's win/win.

Explain the flaw in that compromise.

Then split it off completely...as in make the abortion providers complete their own entity separate and apart from planned parenthood. If they are split from public funding, this will be no burden for them whatsoever...and most, myself included, will support continued taxpayer support of PP.

It's a common sense solution. Everyone gets what they claim to want...PP gets to continue to provide feminine health services to poor and underserved communities...which is what the left claims they are championing, and they get to prove once and for all that the abortion provider side of Planned Parenthood can survive without tax dollars.

And the right doesn't feel like they are tacitly supporting abortion and will stop trying to cut Planned Parenthoods government support.

It's win/win.

Explain the flaw in that compromise.
Works for new facilities

Not for existing dual use facilities

Forum List

Back