So a private citizen can’t pick and choose who they want to live with?

I love the Statists who don't even consider the possibility that if the law is being interpreted correctly, the law might be wrong.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ4A2MflNL8[/ame]

I love the Statists who don't even consider the possibility that if the law is being interpreted correctly, the law might be wrong.
Then people should take that up with the people who can change the law. Violiating a law you think is wrong is still violating a law
Yes, well... I'll still not be telling the SS where Anne Frank is or turning in runaway slaves.

Sometimes, when the law is wrong, it is right to disobey the law.

Then people should take that up with the people who can change the law. Violiating a law you think is wrong is still violating a law
Yes, well... I'll still not be telling the SS where Anne Frank is or turning in runaway slaves.

Sometimes, when the law is wrong, it is right to disobey the law.

You think this lady was performing an intentional act of civil disobedience?

I think this lady was exercising a fundamental right to discriminate in whom she allows in her home and chooses to live with.

I think the Statists defending this blatantly anti-Christian move against her should be shot.

First of all this was posted on a CHURCH BULLETIN BOARD. It was not an advertisement in a newspaper. Second, there is no mention of a price in the articles I've seen on the subject. It was a request for a roommate. Hell, it didn't even say anything about being a rental. For all you know it was going to be a free room offered to a Christian.

Rick

"to share costs" is hard for you to determine if it was a rental or not?
Why does someone put someone on a church bulletin board? Not to advertise something?:cuckoo:
I don't like the 65 mph laws here but I obey them. That is how it works.

Got a link to ANYWHERE that shows this post on a church bulletin board said "to share costs" because I haven't seen it.

What I've seen is it said "Christian roommate wanted" and then had her contact information.

And even so, it still doesn't fit into the federal law, because as has been pointed out earlier on this very thread there are exceptions to that law.

And the commerce clause refers to paid advertisements, such as newspaper ads. It does not apply to a church bulletin board.

But, thanks for playing.

Rick

And I gave you those exceptions.
Hey, I do not like this law. I own 12 homes, 10 I rent. I own 7 cars. I can discriminate however I want when I sell the cars but not the homes. If I own something I should be able to pick and choose to sell to but that is NOT the law.
I do not like speed bumps, 70 mph speed limits or taxes but they are the law.
And this has nothing to do with the commerce clause so continue to sit the bench.
You are not in the game.

I think this lady was exercising a fundamental right to discriminate in whom she allows in her home and chooses to live with.

I think the Statists defending this blatantly anti-Christian move against her should be shot.

If it was "seeking Jewish woman" or "seeking Hindu woman" the law would be the same.
Nothing to do about "anti Christian". Quit acting like a liberal victim.

If it was "seeking Jewish woman" or "seeking Hindu woman" the law would be the same.

Except they're not going after those who ask for female roommates or any other group. Only a woman who advertised in her church for a Christian roommate.

Now why do you think that is?

Except they're not going after those who ask for female roommates or any other group. Only a woman who advertised in her church for a Christian roommate.

Now why do you think that is?

1. It is not illegal to advertise the sex you seek in a potential roommate.
2. People have been "gone after" for a wide range of religions and other illegal forms of discrimination in advertising housing.

Fail.

The law was linked to earlier in the thread

Michigan law and federal law both say that it is illegal for a landlord, apartment manager, rental agent, or real estate agent to discriminate against a person because of RACE, SEX, RELIGION, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, MARITAL STATUS, or HANDICAP (either mental or physical).

2. People have been "gone after" for a wide range of religions and other illegal forms of discrimination in advertising housing.

Landlords have. This is not a landlord discriminating against tenants.

I believe it was Mani who linked to the law and already explained how this anti-christian Statist move is in violation of the very law they claim to be enforcing.

Fail.

The law was linked to earlier in the thread

Michigan law and federal law both say that it is illegal for a landlord, apartment manager, rental agent, or real estate agent to discriminate against a person because of RACE, SEX, RELIGION, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, MARITAL STATUS, or HANDICAP (either mental or physical).
It is illegal to discriminate in the housing. Advertising that discrimination is also illegal. In both cases, however, exemptions apply.

For example, religious institutions can rent only to people of their religion.
People who own four or fewer units and live in one of them can choose who lives in the others, though they can not advertise that in a discriminatory manner.
People seeking roommates can chose - and publish - the sex of the person they live with as long as there is some sort of shared space - kitchen, bathroom etc...

Landlords have. This is not a landlord discriminating against tenants.[/quote]

Landlords, roommates...all sorts have had suit brought against them. See roommates.com for a very broad example.
I believe it was Mani who linked to the law and already explained how this anti-christian Statist move is in violation of the very law they claim to be enforcing.

I believe - nay, I know - that either you or Mani are wholly unaware of what you are saying. Of course, you'll go ahead and kill the statists anyway.

Last edited:
Of course, you'll go ahead and kill the statists anyway.
Are you implying that killing the Statists would be a bad thing?

I happen to think the death of a Statist, a Fascist, a Nazi, or a tyrant is cause for celebration.

Last edited:
Of course, you'll go ahead and kill the statists anyway.
Are you implying that killing the Statists would be a bad thing?

I happen to think the death of a Statist, a Fascist, a Nazi, or a tyrant is cause for celebration.

Nice diversion from the topic at hand. I'd runaway if I were so wrong too.

But as for your diversion: Yes, I think it's bad to kill the statists - most importantly because you backhandedly referred to me as a statist earlier.

Interesting how those who fear statists are quick to turn to murdering statists....just like a good statist.

mussolini-corpse.jpg

^justice^

Yes, standing for a woman's right to choose whom she wishes to share her home with is 'spectacularly wrong'...

Fuck off and die, Statist.

Perhaps you're too wrapped up in your own nazi rage to remember we already covered this:

She is free to choose whom she shares her home with. She can discriminate at will in that choice. She simply can not advertise that discrimination unless it is based on a gender preference. But we already covered that between your claims that I and others should die.

Forum List

Back