Snowden reportedly has blueprint on how NSA operates

But has he released any of that information?

That would matter greatly in whether or not he should be hung high or not.

The last thing Snowden should do is shut up. He should have released that information by now. If it turns out that the government is exposed doing illegal things, maybe they shouldn't have been doing illegal things in the first place.

Truth is the best disinfectant and this slimy and corrupt government is in huge need of disinfecting.

The last thing Snowden should do is shut up. He should have released that information by now. If it turns out that the government is exposed doing illegal things, maybe they shouldn't have been doing illegal things in the first place.

Not true. The extent that the people need to exercise control over their government only includes the what. The specifics on the how do not only fail to help the people’s oversight and elimination of this program but it also only helps those that threaten the nation.

Essentially, if you want to effect change, you release the what. If you want to bolster the enemy (or make money through the sale of the information) then you release the how. IF he released the details then I believe that he would lose a lot of support from those that feel as I do.

No it shouldn't. He should be given an award for letting the world know what the bully is doing.

Yea, you're right. We should shut down the NSA and the CIA. We don't need them anymore. The world is a very safe place and everything our government does should be above board and known to all Americans. In fact, we should let our enemies know exactly what it is we do and how we operate also. It's very important that we be transparent to the entire world.

No it shouldn't. He should be given an award for letting the world know what the bully is doing.

Well, he has shared everything he has with the Chinese and Russians....
Does that count?

Purely speculation on your part.

What we know to be true is that he released information to the press, who then sifted through this information to decide what could safely be reported on and what could not. If he wanted to do as you allege then he could have done so in the first place and at a fairly nice price too.

Does that count?

What we know to be true is that he released information to the press, who then sifted through this information to decide what could safely be reported on and what could not. If he wanted to do as you allege then he could have done so in the first place and at a fairly nice price too.

Hey, Kev. As discussed on the other thread. You are 100% correct. I do not know for a fact that the contents of this guy's laptops are now in the hands of the Russians and Chinese.

Yes, he could have sold this information (and negotiated an exit strategy) but it appears he didn't think things through that far. I would assume that the Russians and Chinese aren't idiots - and that they would be interested to have a look see and that this guy really had no way to deny them that.

I'd rank this level of speculation is somewhere in between "the sun will come up tomorrow" and "Zimmermann won't be a guest speaker at the next NAACP summit."

Last edited:
Does that count?

Hey, Kev. As discussed on the other thread. You are 100% correct. I do not know for a fact that the contents of this guy's laptops are now in the hands of the Russians and Chinese.

Yes, he could have sold this information (and negotiated an exit strategy) but it appears he didn't think things through that far. I would assume that the Russians and Chinese aren't idiots - and that they would be interested to have a look see and that this guy really had no way to deny them that.

I'd rank this level of speculation is somewhere in between "the sun will come up tomorrow" and "Zimmermann won't be a guest speaker at the next NAACP summit."

The only evidence on this front is Snowden's word that this didn't happen. Now I'm not suggesting that we simply accept what he says as gospel truth, but it is the only evidence that we have on the subject. You can say the speculation is solid, but that doesn't really mean any more than the speculation itself.

The only evidence on this front is Snowden's word that this didn't happen. Now I'm not suggesting that we simply accept what he says as gospel truth, but it is the only evidence that we have on the subject. You can say the speculation is solid, but that doesn't really mean any more than the speculation itself.

If you were calling the shots and if you knew he had some passwords (for example) on his laptops ... would you change the passwords?

If you were calling the shots and if you knew he had some passwords (for example) on his laptops ... would you change the passwords?

Change the passwords on his laptops? I'm not sure I understand the question.

He should. He should blow the lid of the whole stasi organization.

The dude needs to shut his trap before he causes us real damage abroad, if he hasn't done so already.

I am sure his damn hard drive was cloned almost immediately by the Chinese and Russian governments.

Another reason he needs to be brought back and fully prosecuted.

Forum List

Back