Snow!...

Well it looks like we'll get some, but seems temps will be warmer when precipitation hits, then they'll drop like rock. So, slushy snow, then freezing. More snow on Wed to cover the ice. Chicago is so much fun, weather wise! :doubt:

You're a lucky, lucky girl. That wonderful weather AND Chicago pre-Christmas traffic. :eusa_angel:

2 to 4 more overnight... It's a Balmy 7 Degrees right now in the Mile High City and it will Retreat back to a Crisp 2 Degrees overnight...

Average Temps for this Time of Year are about 50 Degrees... It's True. ;)

And now for Traffic...

:)

peace...

Apparently is 3 Degrees right now in D-Town...

We are Looking for a Balmy High of 11+ and a Low of -6...

Average Temperature for Today is about 50 Degrees...

peace...

Oh it looks like their predictions were a tad off! :clap2: On the radio this morning they are saying 4-8" overnight, highest north & west, 'west' is DuPage. Tomorrow another 3-5". Here's keeping my fingers crossed! :eusa_whistle:

Winter Weather Advisory (5:45 AM CST)
Winter Weather Advisory in IL: Cook , DuPage , Kane , Kendall
Winter Storm Warning in IL: Boone , DeKalb , Lake , McHenry
High Wind Watch in IN: La Porte , Pulaski , Starke
Winter Weather Advisory in IN: La Porte , Pulaski , Starke
High Wind Watch in MI: Berrien
Winter Weather Advisory in MI: Berrien
Winter Storm Warning in WI: Kenosha , Racine , Rock , Walworth
Current conditions
As of 6:43 AM CST
at Chicago, Illinois

Light Snow
Temperature: 28°
Wind chill: 25°
Wind: ENE 4 mph
Dewpoint: 27°
Humidity: 93%
Visibility: 1.2 miles
Forecast

As of 3:39 am CST on December 8, 2009

Today...Cloudy. Light snow likely until late afternoon...then widespread light snow...light rain and a chance of light sleet late in the afternoon. Snow and sleet accumulation up to 1 inch. Blustery. Highs in the mid 30s. Southeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 30 mph at times. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.

Tonight...Widespread light snow and a chance of sleet in the evening...then widespread snow after midnight. Snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Blustery. Temperatures nearly steady in the lower 30s. East winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 30 mph at times in the evening becoming southeast 10 to 15 mph... then shifting to the southwest during the predawn hours. Chance of precipitation 100 percent.

Wednesday...Windy. Widespread light snow until late afternoon... then a chance of light snow showers late in the afternoon. Areas of blowing snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Total snow accumulation 4 to 8 inches. Turning sharply colder. Highs in the lower 30s. Then temperatures falling into the mid 20s by evening. West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 35 mph at times. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.

Seems the 'latest' forecasts were the ones 'off'. Just going to be a great driving day today:

Issued by the National Weather Service at 11:20 PM CST on December 8, 2009

Rain and snow will continue through 1 am CST. Most of the precipitation will be rain with an occasional burst of light snow. The rain will decrease in intensity to periods of light rain. The temperature will remain in the middle 30s.

Current conditions
As of 12:51 AM CST
at Chicago, Illinois

Light Rain
Temperature: 35°
Wind chill: 27°
Wind: ESE 12 mph
Dewpoint: 33°
Humidity: 92%
Visibility: 3.0 miles
Forecast
As of 12:58 am CST on December 9, 2009

Rest of Tonight...Occasional rain and sleet. Little or no new sleet accumulation. Blustery. Temperatures nearly steady in the mid 30s. South winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph at times. Chance of precipitation 100 percent.

Wednesday...Very windy. Cloudy. Rain early in the morning. Snow in the morning...then a chance of light snow in the afternoon. Blowing snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 2 inches. Highs in the mid 30s. Then temperatures falling into the lower 20s by evening. West winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph at times. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Seems the 'latest' forecasts were the ones 'off'. Just going to be a great driving day today:

Issued by the National Weather Service at 11:20 PM CST on December 8, 2009

Rain and snow will continue through 1 am CST. Most of the precipitation will be rain with an occasional burst of light snow. The rain will decrease in intensity to periods of light rain. The temperature will remain in the middle 30s.

Current conditions
As of 12:51 AM CST
at Chicago, Illinois

Light Rain
Temperature: 35°
Wind chill: 27°
Wind: ESE 12 mph
Dewpoint: 33°
Humidity: 92%
Visibility: 3.0 miles
Forecast
As of 12:58 am CST on December 9, 2009

Rest of Tonight...Occasional rain and sleet. Little or no new sleet accumulation. Blustery. Temperatures nearly steady in the mid 30s. South winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph at times. Chance of precipitation 100 percent.

Wednesday...Very windy. Cloudy. Rain early in the morning. Snow in the morning...then a chance of light snow in the afternoon. Blowing snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 2 inches. Highs in the mid 30s. Then temperatures falling into the lower 20s by evening. West winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph at times. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

According to 9News, it was -307° this Morning in D-Town... ;)

"Feels Like", I'm sure...

peace...

We have lots of wind and rain here. I am cold to my core, I just want to go home and get into my pjs, eat soup and watch tv. :night:

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
My Hispanic World Correspondent and I went to Loveland today for some Boarding... Good Times.

Have Pics and Video tomorrow...

Damn, it's been TOO Long since I went Boarding.

peace...

And here's the Evidence of the Editor in Chief and the ap's World Hispanic Correspondent out with the General Public @ Loveland:

12-29-2009-board-1.jpg

The Weapons: My K2 Spitfire Wide and the Classic... The '91 Nitro Pyro.

12-29-2009-board-2.jpg

The Breakfast... At least some of it.

12-29-2009-board-3.jpg

The Lift... There have been times on this Lift when the Wind is Blowing so hard that they stop it... Until the Wind stops... Whether you are on it in the Wind or not.

12-29-2009-board-4.jpg

The Old Bitch Bastard... Me.

12-29-2009-board-5.jpg

The World Hispanic Correspondent for ap... One Bacadeus.

12-29-2009-board-6.jpg

That Snow is as Hard as it is Cold... No Falling... Seriously.​

peace...

Forum List

Back