Smoking: Who Cares More about Money than Public Health?

If you were choosing for yourself, I would not have a problem. But when you choose to smoke, you are making a choice for those around you

My contention, only contention, with your points in this thread are the ones in which you seem to believe that you have the right to dictate to a business owner whether or not he/she will allow smoking on his/her property. My feelings are that it is the business owners right to make that choice and if you oppose his/her decision then you have every right not to frequent the establishment. Your opposition does not grant you the right to dictate to the business owner.

Immie

That worked up until second hand smoke was found to be a health hazard. Once that came out ......whole new ballgame

3-2-1. Here come the denial

If you don't like it then climb in your little hole, pull the covers over your head and hide for the rest of your life.

You do not have the right to force your wishes upon everyone else.

Immie

My contention, only contention, with your points in this thread are the ones in which you seem to believe that you have the right to dictate to a business owner whether or not he/she will allow smoking on his/her property. My feelings are that it is the business owners right to make that choice and if you oppose his/her decision then you have every right not to frequent the establishment. Your opposition does not grant you the right to dictate to the business owner.

Immie

That worked up until second hand smoke was found to be a health hazard. Once that came out ......whole new ballgame

If you don't like it then climb in your little hole, pull the covers over your head and hide for the rest of your life.

Immie

You do not have a "right" to force others to breathe your filth.

The smoker is the one forcing his will on others around him.

If I had a resautrant or bar, I would provide smoking and no smoking areas. The smoking areas would have the extra ventalition needed for comfort.. The consumers can make their choice to come to the restaurant or not.

I do believe it is wrong not to have restaurants and bars for people who do make the choice to smoke. For those that would bother to be with them, don't go. It's just that simple. You don't need laws to demand it one way or another.

Immie

not if you avoid the smoky bar. That is the simple fact.

If I had a resautrant or bar, I would provide smoking and no smoking areas. The smoking areas would have the extra ventalition needed for comfort.. The consumers can make their choice to come to the restaurant or not.

I do believe it is wrong not to have restaurants and bars for people who do make the choice to smoke. For those that would bother to be with them, don't go. It's just that simple. You don't need laws to demand it one way or another.

In many places you would not have the choice as to whether or not to provide a smoking area. The government and certain people believe they have the right to make that choice for you and they have taken this choice away from you. Funny thing is that it seems that it is people who claim to be "pro-choice" that are the ones in favor of taking that choice away.

Amazing isn't it?

Immie

Immie

not if you avoid the smoky bar. That is the simple fact.

I am not the one fouling the air.....why should I keep away?

In many places you would not have the choice as to whether or not to provide a smoking area. The government and certain people believe they have the right to make that choice for you and they have taken this choice away from you. Funny thing is that it seems that it is people who claim to be "pro-choice" that are the ones in favor of taking that choice away.

Amazing isn't it?

Immie

Yes! Another example of the government getting in the way. The restaurants and bars will soon discover on their own what the people want and don't want by repeat business. We don't need government interference!

You know what cracks me up?

Health FASCISTS driving to a public meeting to ban smoking because it fouls their air.

I'll quit smoking for your health when you stop driving cars for mine.

How that sound?

Deal?

Health FASCISTS driving to a public meeting to ban smoking because it fouls their air.

How that sound?

Deal?
As a professional driver... that'd make my life better. Most of those morons are too busy on their cell phone to properly drive anyway.

To quote Jason Lewis: "Nothing more dangerous than a Law and Order Lib." They have a tendency to forget they have limited power because they have GOOOOOOOOOD INTENNNNSIONSSSSSSSSS!!!! And that's all that matters.

Last edited:
I never supported the bans in the first place. I hope they get overturned.

If I feel an establishment is hazardous to my health, I won't patronize it. I'll vote with my dollars rather than ask the government to interfere on my behalf.

Immie

Smokers are still contributing to the constant increases with the cost of health care for everyone else.

Obesity is overtaking smoking as the number one preventable cause of death, if it has not already.

I want some no eating zones.
Damn nausating killer burger smells!

We need a drive thru sin tax.

How that sound?

Deal?

and the businesses and such that even ban smoking in their parking lot full of carcenogen spewing vehicles.

If I feel an establishment is hazardous to my health, I won't patronize it. I'll vote with my dollars rather than ask the government to interfere on my behalf.

Immie

Smokers are still contributing to the constant increases with the cost of health care for everyone else.

I hate smoking and smokers, but if you're in a private business, why shouldn't that business decide who they want as customers and you decide if you want to patronize them? Why shouldn't it be between you and the owner rather then just up to a politician to decide for us all? Why are politicians deciding which private business owners get to decide?

Immie

I hate smoking and smokers, but if you're in a private business, why shouldn't that business decide who they want as customers and you decide if you want to patronize them? Why shouldn't it be between you and the owner rather then just up to a politician to decide for us all? Why are politicians deciding which private business owners get to decide?

Well I guess I am not too wild about you either.
Are you fat?
do you drink?

Are you fat?
do you drink?
Do you want some cheese with your whine?

Are you fat?
do you drink?

No whine from me want a knuckle sandwitch though?
Digitally administered of course ;)

You just automatically hate all smokers huh?
Strange I do not hate all of any group for doing legal things.
For being fat?
For drinking?
For getting pregnant out of wedlock, etc
All of those things cost more health care money.

Last edited:
Are you fat?
do you drink?

No whine from me want a knuckle sandwitch though?
Digitally administered of course ;)

You just automatically hate all smokers huh?
Strange I do not hate all of any group for doing legal things.
For being fat?
For drinking?
For getting pregnant out of wedlock, etc
All of those things cost more health care money.

So the logical thing would be to expect those who take more risks to give up big houses, Foster sunglasses, Riviera cruises, fast cars, wild women, and wine and stuff and pony up the costs of insurance or treatment themselves. By requiring people to take responsibility for themselves, we then don't need rules and regs that limit people's options, choices, opportunities, or liberties on their own private property.

I

Forum List

Back